• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 09:34:31 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

RedWorld's Sprites - I'm Back Baby!

Started by RedWorld, May 13, 2011, 11:46:23 pm

RedWorld

D'aaaaaaawwwww~ But her hair is blonde. D': Ahh well, guess you can't have everything you want in a sprite. xD I'll try to darken it, but at the same time, keep it blonde. Somehow. x.x;;

Hmm... Thanks for the input. X3 I'll be sure to take a look at the unmasked mime as I go along. c:

EDIT: I finished with recoloring! I did as you said, Kage, and tried both a darker blonde and a brown. I rather keep the blonde, but I want to see what you guys think as of now. In the first one, I colored the boots yellow because I didn't think the darker blonde color would work well on the boots. ><

"Dear God, what's it like in your funny little brains? It must be boring." - Sherlock Holmes

Mando

The legs look way too pointed inward... like she just had something smack her butt or something >.>

also its way too pillow shadded. in the clothes/ armor yellow will be too hard look at the skin color on the top shoulder and where the dress part stats... hard to tell its even different.

Now... if it was RAFA skin tone with a better shaded outfit... would be cool

Lastly you should stick those feather up in the back... i'm warning you right now your movement frames will be very awkward

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

RedWorld

FFFFFFFFFFFFF Well, you're right on that. Then again, I used the mime's legs, which look inward themselves. This shouldn't be a very hard fix. c:

You're right on that... I'm gunna try to fix it then. That too shouldn't be too hard, but yet...

Right. I was kinda iffy about the back feathers myself. Dunno exactly where to put them, but I'll find out where! ;w;

"Dear God, what's it like in your funny little brains? It must be boring." - Sherlock Holmes

Kagebunji

Like I said, be very careful with the feathers, I wouldn't add them at all tbh. Definitly the brown version, it realle contrasts well with yellow dress. I really don't like criting forward frames when in designing stage, perhaps you have forward side view done? It would be easier that way, since forward frames tend to look weird, hehe.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

RedWorld

Right, but then she wouldn't be a Chocohume. D': She would be like, a Chocobo Knight or something. xD;; But yeah, I always work on the front frames first. It's as if I'm looking right at it and I'm creating something awesome. X3 But anyway...

Here's another one. I tried outlining the outfit in a more darker color to contrast with the skin. Don't know if it looks well to you elite spriters, but check it out! X3

Kagebunji

Hmm, mando's suggestion of Rafa's skin tone is good tbh. Maybe try it, just to see how it would look? Once you made the skin dark like Rafas, there would be no problems at all.

RedWorld

Right. I slightly disagree, but zoomed in, I felt more content. Check it out and let me know. c:

Wolfran

That is a really bad suntan :\. I like more pale and blondie btw archer boots +10 :D
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Mando

Ugh blonde hair + dark skin doesn't work redworld. Is that some weave action she has going on?

mav

Try using a different Chocobo palette (i.e. black Chocobo, Red Chocobo) with your original skin-tone until you get the sprite done. You can create a working yellow palette later--right now it's just gonna waste your time.

Kagebunji

Lol, is Rafa's skin that dark? I thought it was brighter, oh well. I would stay with Mav here, just continue with the sprite and leave palette till you are finished.

RedWorld

Right, right. I would deal with the palette last, even though it probably isn't a good idea. I agree with the lighter tone. It looks a lot better. ;w; But yeah, I was thinking about using generic chocohume as well, so I was going to start on different colors and designs as well, seeing how they turned out. c: I'll try to work on one today and see what you think. X3

EDIT: Finished the Red Chocohume! I used a generic archer and a dancer's arms to get more of a "semi revealing" costume feel. Check it out!

RedWorld

I'm glad you like it! ^w^ Hmm... Should I use the same character to make a normal and black chocohume or should I use different? c:

Kagebunji

If you would use your previous dress over Archer's one, and made a different hair(not Archer's), it would win.

RedWorld

You know what? I think you are right. :'D

I did one of the red chocohume, using the dancer's hair as a guide-ish. Her bangs also come down as well, so I hope you enjoy! X3

(Though I think I should've used the red for the hair from the previous one...)

mav

Ridiculously flat shading. And don't make the hair and clothes the same color. It's just a bad idea.

RedWorld

Yeah, I was iffy on that too. >< But I'll have you know that I just fixed it! Check it out! <3

Mando

I see some pillows! Pillow shading :/ look at how the original archer's body was that's what the shading was like on it. It might be wise that once you finish this sprite take an unfinished one and work on it that way your not tempted by your own ideas and see proper shading.

I by no means have made a sprite yet outside edge concept, but I think everyone has gone through the small steps phase.

I decided to be nice and play with it. Your sprite was flat because your coloring I don't think was originally 16 colors... also you wasted like 2 colors because the streak in the hair looked more of a flesh tone than the face did so I combined those 2 colors to give you a 3rd color to use for the body dress.

Play with it some more now and fix hair/legs