• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:24:53 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

The Lion War 2.031 - DOWNLOAD HERE!!

Started by 3lric, September 17, 2021, 03:00:04 am

3lric

September 17, 2021, 03:00:04 am Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 12:04:44 am by Nyzer

The Lion War 2.031
Welcome back fellow Hackticians! The time has finally come to release The Lion War 2.0! This comes with all the benefits of the original TLW, but with some neat new additions listed below.

This has been a long time coming and we want to thank you all for your patience! We know you will love all the new additions as much as we did creating them. The modding resources and full changelog will be released soon.
Enjoy!
-The Lion War Team

WotL Event Ports
All events have been ported over from WotL and then re-written in PSX translation style dialogue.
Full list of added events below.

Rendezvous Introduction
Wiegraf speaks to Rofel
Delita Battle w/ Ovelia at Falls (Battle)
Delita Battle 2 (Battle)
Delita & Ovelia Chat
Undead Algus Battle (Battle)
Kletian vs. Meliadoul
Agrias & Ovelia Reunion
Reis Kidnapped
Aliste Battle (Battle)
Bremondt Battle (Battle)
Agrias Birthday
Reis Rescued
Hokuten Battle (Battle)

New Events
In addition to the events ported from WotL, we needed to create some new events in some cases. Such as the Ashley Riot battle and post battle, or re-creating the Balthier cutscene as a prebattle event.
You can see a full list of new events below.

Ashley / Luso Battle (Battle)
Ashley / Luso Post-Battle
Balthier Battle (Battle + Balthier and Ramza talk)
Balthier Post-Battle
Credits Event
New Game + Event*
Treasure Selector**

Rendezvous
If, like many, you never got to play the multiplayer content in WotL, now you have your chance! Newly included in TLW 2.0 are the Rendezvous missions in a single player format. Once unlocked these can be accessed from the Bonus Content menu in the Brave Story menu.
Due to sprite limitations, some enemies many not appear until a condition (usually killing another enemy) is met.
However this does help to combat the fact that you will never have 6 units or 2 Orlandus, 2 Reis, etc, as you would have had access to in WotL.

-No enemies can be invited in Rendezvous missions
-All stats and items are retained
-Losing results in Game Over
Chocobo DefenseChapter 1 - After Family Meeting
Chicken RaceChapter 2 - Start
Treasure HuntChapter 2 - Start
TeiohChapter 2 - After Zaland
Lost HeirloomChapter 2 - After Goug
The FeteChapter 3 - Start
Desert MinefieldChapter 3 - After Underground Book Strorage
LitteringChapter 3 - After Rescue Rafa
Shades of the PastChapter 4 - Start
The Shrine KnightsChapter 4 - After Rescue Orlandu
All-Star MeleeChapter 4 - Before Final Battle Series
The Guarded TempleActivated in New Game +
NightmaresActivated in New Game +
Brave StoryActivated in New Game +
An Ill WindActivated in New Game +

Custom Rendezvous
Because we had so much 'fun' porting over the Rendezvous missions, we decided to try our hand at creating a few of our own. Upon completion of the game, you will also unlock the following Rendezvous.
Mirror MatchActivated in New Game +
Of VagrantsActivated in New Game +

Treasure Wheel
In WotL there was a 'treasure wheel' that you'd get rewards from at the end of every Rendezvous battle. Nyzer custom built a completely new type of treasure wheel for TLW 2.0. You can see a video of it in action HERE
Given the complexity of this event, he was kind enough to write an explanation below.

Treasure Wheel Mechanics
========================

1: Basics
--------------

The player will get to play the Treasure Wheel after every Rendezvous. Each Rendezvous has its own specific loot table (though Rendezvous that all unlock at the same time share the same loot tables). There are four categories of chests, each of which will have three chests: Weapons, Armor, Accessories, and Consumables.

Weapons, Armor, and Accessories will all award gear roughly near what the player's shop progression would have had at the time the Rendezvous unlocked.

Consumables, however, are really underwhelming - in testing, everyone wanted to avoid them. So the only Chemist Items in the Consumables chests are Elixirs, which are in every Rendezvous' loot table. However, you can also find other kinds of consumables - specifically, ninja throwing items such as shuriken, or katana for Samurai. Additionally, Consumables will almost always award multiple of an item, rather than just one.

2: Rare rewards
--------------------------

When the Treasure Wheel starts, there is a chance that one random chest will become a Rare Chest. There's also a small chance upon opening any Common Chest that it will spontaneously transform into a Rare Chest.

How a Rare Chest works changes depending on its color. A Silver Chest will offer treasure based on the next Rendezvous' loot table, whereas Gold Chests offer Rare treasure from the endgame that cannot be found in any common treasure sets.

Whether the player will find Gold or Silver chests depends on which Rendezvous they can do. Rare treasure will only be Silver until reaching Chapter 4, at which point it all becomes Gold. You can tell what kind of rares you'll get by the background and the music in the event - a silver background means you'll get Silver rares, and a golden background means you'll get Gold rares.

As well, once the player unlocks Gold Treasure Wheels, they will have the option to press Triangle to attempt to force a Common Chest to become a Gold Chest. Each attempt costs 25,000 gil. If an attempt fails, the odds of having the next attempt succeed are doubled.

3: Treasure scaling
-------------------------------

There are two ways that older Rendezvous' Treasure Wheels are set to scale up to be useful to the player. The first is how Common Consumables are altered, and the second is how Rare Treasures are.

Common Consumables from older Rendezvous will no longer have katanas or ninja items. Instead, they will give the player a random amount of 1-10 Elixirs.

Rare Treasures will also scale up until after the start of Chapter 4. Until that point, a Rare in an older Treasure Wheel will be the same as the Rares in your current newest Treasure Wheel. So if you're in Chapter 3, and have just unlocked Desert Minefield, getting a Rare Treasure from Chapter 2's Chicken Race will give you loot from Chapter 3's Littering, just as a Rare in Desert Minefield would.

However, Rare Treasures will no longer scale up beyond the rare loot found in Chapter 4's Shades of the Past. Sorry, but you won't be seeing any Excaliburs from Chocobo Defense!

4: Number of chests
----------------------------------

In most Treasure Wheels, the player will only be able to open three chests. However, doing a battle series, such as Shrine Knights or Bravestory, will allow the player to open more chests, as well as increasing the chances of getting a Rare Chest at the start of the Wheel, and the chances of finding a Rare Treasure from any Common Chest.

5: End
----------

And that's that! Hopefully that helps you understand how the Treasure Wheel works. I did my best to make it feel like an engaging experience that gives the player enough control to avoid feeling like they're totally at the mercy of the RNG, without any one treasure category feeling worthless, and that every go at the Treasure Wheel feels worth your time without being ridiculously overpowered.

Now get out there and enjoy The Lion War!

Sounds Novels
Propositions [Errands] in Final Fantasy Tactics sometimes gave you unique prizes, which have no battle effect. Four of these prizes could be opened and revealed small games, the sound novels. The sound novels were not translated in the original US PSX release, nor in any subsequent releases of the game. They have a lot of text to translate.
Three of the four novel are playable in English in TLW 2.0. We are still looking for a translator for the last novel (not google translate).
Soon

Misc
Of course the bulk of TLW couldn't all fit into the above categories.
You can find a list of other changes TLW 2.0 makes, down below.
-Add Ashley Riot instead of Luso
-Add Dark Knight as a Generic Class
-Facts re-named to Bonus Content
-Roster size increased from 16 to 20
-Glain's Bench hack added to allow benching up to 10 units
-260 free event slots (compared to vanilla's 0)
-Completely re-organized ENTDs
-Update to FFTP newest version, no more FFTP .457 for tactext
-Item Attribute, Status Infliction, Job, Skillset and Sprite consolidation
-ENTDs rearranged in proper game over
-UWEntries added into FFTP, so 1 less sheet to edit
-Same as above for the Altima movement abilities
-Conditions updated to the new condition sheet structure, much easier if you are scared of hex
-Guest equipment is given as battle rewards in or around the time they leave your party
-Fixed dark knight abilities/formulas
-Fixed Barrage elemental gun bug
-Fixed undead units and Zalera properly floating and/or having their undead appearance
-Agrias Birthday available in all towns, not just Warjilis.
- Fixed bug with Cloud/Aerith events dialogue
- Re-added song titles and descriptions to sound test menu
- Fixed issues in 3 Sound Novels that could have caused soft lock
- Fixed a bug with the difficulty hack affecting benched units level
- Fixed a Continue+ bug with biographies of some characters
- Fixed description on Bremondt's 'Holy Priest' job
- Fixed a bug in the Extra Job hack that derped Soldier Office confirm text
- Fixed som Bios not updating based on death/faith/brave leaving status
- Fixed descriptions for 'Iron Ripper' and 'Ignis Wheel'
- Fixed Beowulf stat save issue in the Bremondt battle
- Fixed the 'Guarded Temple' rendezvous from being unbeatable
- Fixed descriptions for MP and HP restore
- Fixed a bug with Float and Jump caused by consolidation
- Fixed a bug with victories triggering incorrectly
- Fixed a visual derp in the Balthier intro event
- Made Balthier's event compatible with Kori's edit of Dorter
- Fixed multiple bugs with 'Barrage'
- Fixed a bug with the offset for the Agrias Birthday event
- Fixed a bug with Bench data not being cleared before starting a new game
- Fixed a bug with the Difficulty Setting Level Alteration Hack
- Fixed a bug with Aliste's immunities
- Added Loot Wheel events for easier customization in custom patches
- Added new 'Be a Beta' rendezvous mission to Chapter 1
- Added optional fftp patch for random unit ID edits
- Fixed bug with mandalia choice effect at zeakdon
- Fixed link to movies in readme

NOTE:
-TLW 2.0 is not to be uploaded to any site outside of FFH without permission. Any use of TLW requires proper credits given where due.
-TLW 1.0 saves will absolutely NOT work on TLW 2.0

You can also find the FAQs here and the bug reports here.
  • Modding version: PSX

Timbo

Congratulations. You guys have been working on this for ages.
  • Discord username: Timbo

skiploom188

Thank you Hacktics Team. You guys are FFT modding gods!

Also what perfect timing as I just finished a playthrough of WotL for the first time. Can't wait to try those rendezvous missions!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

Jordan95

September 20, 2021, 03:11:23 pm #3 Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 08:37:03 am by Jordan95
Thank you all so much for this! I just started playing WOTL again a few weeks ago. I usually play the version on Android. I wanted to do the same thing with this so I downloaded ePSXe in the Play Store and transferred my patched iso to my phone. All working great so far!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: Jordan9232

Heisho

Amazing man!!!

So guys find a solution to increase the roster from 16 to 20 AND added Glain hack for bench units?? Awesome!
I'll wait a few more days to see more about documentation and New Game+.

In the meantime is it possible to give some advertising to this mod on my FB profile by adding a link to this page?

Awesome work as always

Regards
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho

3lric

Updated to mod and resources to 2.021 to fix a bug in Clouds event (event and conditional v4 sheet) and to fix another issues in the Guarded Temple rendezvous

Krisbr99

could someone please explain to me what is the difference between these two versions that are available for download
2.02 and 2.021?
  • Discord username: Krisbr99

Xifanie

Quote from: Krisbr99 on October 07, 2021, 02:04:35 amcould someone please explain to me what is the difference between these two versions that are available for download
2.02 and 2.021?
more bug fixes
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

3lric

Quote from: Krisbr99 on October 07, 2021, 02:04:35 amcould someone please explain to me what is the difference between these two versions that are available for download
2.02 and 2.021?

2.02 and 2.021 being up at the same time was not intentional. I've removed 2.02 from this post (as well as the resources, as they have their own thread.) No idea how that even happened tbh

breaktube

Oh wow, excellent project !
People on the cdromance discord were talking about it today.
Can't wait to give this a try  ^_^"
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Pokemon Red 3DS-XL friend code : 1864-9639-1699 (Zeheart)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/breaktube
http://www.youtube.com/user/breaktube

advfox

Late to seeing this has been updated, thanks for all the time and effort that has gone into this.

Filil

This mod is awesome! Congratulations!

I just finished it 2 times ( NG+) and i got a bug going since the first playtrough... I only can get 46 Artifacts out of 47... Both cleared game i did everything twice and still couldn't get the 500CP Prize for all treasures.

But as a LOM player and Disgaea player too, the end game features are AMAZING!

Such a genius all of you are!

3lric

Quote from: Filil on November 06, 2021, 10:27:38 pmThis mod is awesome! Congratulations!

I just finished it 2 times ( NG+) and i got a bug going since the first playtrough... I only can get 46 Artifacts out of 47... Both cleared game i did everything twice and still couldn't get the 500CP Prize for all treasures.

But as a LOM player and Disgaea player too, the end game features are AMAZING!

Such a genius all of you are!

Id double check a list online. You are likely missing something, as this has been tested quite a bit. Remember some propositions are seasonal. And thank you. Glad you enjoyed it.

minasetaki

what is the meaning of "missing" character, i got this after sent agrias quest

3lric

Quote from: minasetaki on November 24, 2021, 05:14:37 amwhat is the meaning of "missing" character, i got this after sent agrias quest

No idea what 'sent agrias quest' means...

minasetaki

Quote from: Elric on November 25, 2021, 02:18:28 amNo idea what 'sent agrias quest' means...

sorry, not quest but i means propositions, and i forget who char i sent (maybe one of agrias bodyguard)

3lric

Quote from: minasetaki on November 25, 2021, 07:55:08 amsorry, not quest but i means propositions, and i forget who char i sent (maybe one of agrias bodyguard)

If you send out people on a proposition, and then beat a chapter and then try to get them back they are set to missing. This is from vanilla, not TLW

JusticeBringer

Howdy. I just made this account to report some minor bugs I found so far on my playthrough.

They don't really affect the gameplay and it's probably due to the limitations in the game's memory so I can totally understand, but I'll post them anyway.

As I scrolled through the character entries in the Brave Story section, Kletian, Balk, and Rofel's entries are displayed like so:
PSDX6D3D768.bmpPSDX6D3D769.bmpPSDX6D3D770.bmp

Also, while I was buying items from the Fur Shop, the Master's portrait from the Soldier's Office is shown instead of the Clerk's when the inventory is full.
PSDX6D3D772.bmp

The description for Bremondt's Holy Priest job class is blank.
PSDX6D3D796.bmp

Last but not least, at the beginning, I chose to save Algus in Mandalia so that the party's Brave won't go down when I get to Zeakden, yet the game treats it as if I chose to defeat all enemies instead, so the party's Brave went down anyway. Other than that, no issues so far.

Anyway, thank you so much for this mod! It exceeded far beyond my expectations and I am LOVING it. A huge kudos to the team that made this possible.

3lric

Please post bugs in the bug reporting thread...

JusticeBringer

Will do. My apologies.