• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:03:53 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Changing weapon damage formulas

Started by CloudsOverFF, February 26, 2021, 07:34:56 am

CloudsOverFF

I tried modifying weapon damage formulas using xml generator/fftorgasm. Mostly I changed the dagger to have pa*wp, and tried to make guns SP*WP. I entered in the appropriate name, location, and offset into xml, then copy/pasted the hex lines. Ever since loading that patch though, anytime someone tries to take an action in combat, the game freezes. I've also made a pre-raw stats edit in the same way, and that one worked just fine. The only things I can think of are that for the guns, i entered 38*WP as the new formula instead of SP*WP since it said the value for the SP stat was 38. Not sure if this is the problem, or if it's that i copy pasted the entire line of hex from the first to the last one before the xml excel document showed a different location, whereas with the raw stats edit, I only copied the hex associated with the lines stats that i changed. I THAT is the problem, then my question would be, How do I know which hex lines correspond to which edits?? There is 0 indication as to what goes with what. With the stats edit, I literally just counted it out by using context because, again, there was no way to identify which hex lines correspond to which edits. I'm 100% new to making these kinds of changes. I've only ever modded games with easy tools. Would love some help