• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Dynablade

April 13, 2012, 11:00:01 pm #1300 Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 11:49:19 pm by Dynablade

Changes have been made to the paladin with the Jp error, wizard lost 108 (or will after i finish this), but i wanna keep using the platina dagger. if i'm looking correctly, a proc of it on a unit at below 50% dies. And because I think since its such a weak dagger, the AI goes 'i can do something better' and uses the skills like Spellbreaker and Bad Luck (which clutched hardcore). That's the idea, Quint and Gatz get them down, Rob executes, but maybe Quint needs more move so he can get to the front, or slow the thief down so that he doesn't run off and do crazy stuff. Quint's got a new weapon, that was another part just looking for a sleep proc which would be amazing at any moment, but he can't get in close with only 3 move.. Dandra is, as always, awesome. New gun for Gatz, his only problem. Arm Aim came through a couple times, maybe something i did changed his AI to favor it more often?
Awesome awesome awesome.

Still did what I wanted? Small maps this team rapes because the enemy can't go anywhere, and they are close by so Quint doesn't take a fucking year to get to the front. First battle was over the second my holy happened first, thanks to Short Charge. Still had a couple highlights, another clutch Arm Aim. The team's movement (Namely Rob's) is out of whack, he gets way out there, then that reraise is only once and from there i'm praying on Dragon Spirit to keep the team moving. He goes down for good, and there's only one way to revive, with a character that's gotta charge it. Short Charge yes, but she gets sneezed on and Dandra eats dirt. More methods of revival for sure. Or just another solid one (Raise, 2) that gives someone a fighting shot to at least have a fucking turn. Quint probably is the obvious candidate, switch draw out to someone else..

im like 1-3 or 4 but that first win feels amazing. Still got a long way to go, but feels like it's coming together.

and wait also, i thought unit 1 would be the closest to the enemy? Do I have to flip it around? Because that's probably a part of it too, the damn formation is wrong

Dol

Quote from: Dynablade on April 13, 2012, 11:00:01 pm
and wait also, i thought unit 1 would be the closest to the enemy? Do I have to flip it around? Because that's probably a part of it too, the damn formation is wrong

Its based on tile Height.  Depends on the map, but i think unit 2 actually is closer on more than half the maps.  I could be wrong though...

Dol

April 14, 2012, 07:56:53 pm #1302 Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:03:49 pm by Dol
Scrim videos:

FFT Arena Scrim: Barren vs Vigilanti

FFT Arena Scrim: Eternal vs Shadowstrike

FFT Arena Scrim: Lief vs Dynablade

FFT Arena Scrim: FDC vs SSM

FFT Arena Scrim: Fnatic vs DomieV

New youtube account I made for Arena matches.  Still has the time limit, so most of these are just a best of 1.

On a side note, I could use a good source of 8 bit music if anyone wants to PM me a site.  :)

Barren

April 15, 2012, 12:29:33 am #1303 Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 07:50:40 am by Barren
Thanks Dol for the videos :) Its good to know that I can get some help with the practice rounds every once in a while

WOW! That's all I got to say! Awesome match Vigilanti! Your team was more threatening to me than I realized with charm, poison, blind and berserk kicking my ass until I got lucky in the end. GG Vigilanti! And Good luck in the tournament!

Also note to Leif and Dynablade, I did your matches before you changed your team a little bit. Just telling you now so you know

FFT Arena Season One Exhibition Leif1991 (Shades of Green) vs Fanatic (Anti Physical)

FFT Arena Season One Exhibition Dynablade vs Avalanche (Naturalists)

FFT Arena Season One Exhibition Shade vs Angelus (Odd Balls)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Leif1991

Thanks Barren.
Note that my Chemist is an Aries, not a Serpentarius.

Faith-Up almost got me there, but I still manage to get through.
Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

Vigilanti

Holy Shit that was a close match! I almost had you! That would have been a big upset victory. I watched Leif's match and borrowed his mediator idea that he and wiz made together but tweaked it to be even more tanky than usual. Archers aren't commonly known to be status based but somehow I figured out a way they can be I suppose. But having them whoring auto protect/shell was such a good idea. Nonetheless your team won in the end. GG Barren! I guess there's a reason why your team is so damn good.

DomieV

3 petrify procs in a row, not too shabby for a moderate hitting geomancer. I do thank Dol for tutoring me in polishing this team. I definitely learned a quite a bit from him

Angelus

Bloody Christ mate! that 2nd round was all lolz! I didn't think my team can be THIS lucky after the lack of luck it took me for to win in the 1st round. GG Shade!

Dynablade

I GET KNOCKED DOWN, BUT I GET UP AGAIN, AINT NEVA GONNA KEEP ME DOWN!
What do I say other than jesus christ I need another Item user/more MP restoration. After three Holys, Dandra is just whacking people with her staff (when it isn't broken). Think I'm gonna switch out either that archer (who doesn't do much) or the already Item using Thief (who usually gets put on his face during the first full turn). Quint does what he's supposed to, Support with Draw Out and keeping people on both feet with Transfusion. A little lacking in pure damage, but I like how this team can keep going in the face of Weapon/Armor Break. Even without MP this team somehow made it to the finish line.
When I saw the time on that video, it made me happy because I knew that my team was a little tankier than the opponent's. I try not to rely on magic completely, as these battles have shown, eventually that MP will run out and eventually the people who restore the MP will die. Phoenix Down + Transfusion is a bit cheaper than a Raise (..i think), and Transfusion, when the party is together, heals everyone for around 50%. Slower, yes, but that's what the Haste is for. Hopefully Quint gets a turn before the enemy so he can heal his party.

While I'll still appreciate any videos put out of my party, I'd like to get the 'glue' of the party straightened out. That thief, fast as he is, isn't enough to keep the party out of sandbagging, a huge problem. Just saying it now, I am totally stealing that hyper speed chemist from...Leif's team? She had fucking TWENTY speed by the time they were able to take Quint down, much faster than my thief could ever hope to be.

SoySauceMaster

Thanks for the vids Dol and Barren.
Looks like I could've used more speed and MA. Probably should've dropped lightning absorbtion for that purpose. Oh well, I've already submitted my team, so I can't edit it until after the tourny. GG, FDC.

Dynablade

Quote from: SoySauceMaster on April 15, 2012, 10:25:25 am
Thanks for the vids Dol and Barren.
Looks like I could've used more speed and MA. Probably should've dropped lightning absorbtion for that purpose. Oh well, I've already submitted my team, so I can't edit it until after the tourny. GG, FDC.

What? Yes you can, I've been editing my team for the past week now. Pretty sure you can just keep upgrading your team until the 28th when it HAS to be submitted.

CT5Holy

You can certainly revise and update your team until the deadline. Just remember to resubmit your whole team.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

TrueLight

...Damn. I thought my team could make a comeback after the two 85% miss revives in round 1, but the Bard/Ninja made sure that didn't happen. Draw Out Chemist wasn't very effective and the Squire couldn't stay up. Archer did okay, but HP Restore from the Monk triggered, resulting in wasted turns. Thief did his job, except not dodging any draw outs. Overall, FDC had the better team.
  • Modding version: PSX

Fanatic

April 15, 2012, 11:35:53 pm #1314 Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 12:18:31 am by Fanatic
As always, thank you very much for the vids!

Doh. I'm scrapping this idea giving an edited version ONE more chance. I originally only gave the thieves Slow 2 and enough magic to cast it once. The idea is they open up with a slow2 salvo, close the distance, and Faith every unit on the board. 100 faith gun shots do the rest - I tried this concept with short charge oracles, and it failed miserably. I thought at least with Guns I might have a chance... The team concept REQUIRES the archers to be out of range until the thieves do their work, so only a large map will do. Smaller maps just get me murdered.

They didn't have charm because they prefer to spam charm rather than inflict faith on things. Vexing.

Low mp / low healing archers were SUPPOSED to just "Blow their healing wad" early and thus be forced to actually SHOOT things. I don't like Archers hiding in corners due to AI sandbaggery (I have no offense at all if they do), but they're not supposed to heal. Should have utilized Regen for that purpose, and given them some other secondary. They also need higher HPs and lower speed for this to work outside of large maps. I got greedy and thought slow would hit more often, allowing the 12 speed archers to clean up. Guess not.

Back to the drawing board.

And as always, good matches. I even enjoy getting killed by excellent teams like that: I am making notes and stealing concepts. You guys rock!
[/spoilers]
Final Fantasy Tactics Football Fracas [FFTFF] Link:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/57703092

Wiz

FFT Arena AI Tournament S1 Practice Match #7 Truelight( D.N. Angel) vs SSM (Stormy Weather)

^, a lil late as in SSM edited his team before I recorded this match, which was roughly 24 hours ago so yeah. And btw, I got that pun you were making SSM, didn't cross my mind until I started editing this vid.

Dynablade

April 16, 2012, 09:03:15 am #1316 Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 02:05:07 pm by Dynablade
Thanks time and again, these videos have helped me a ton!

The Wall remains, now and always. So much put into defense now my party has trouble doing damage. That or Gatz was getting really unlucky. I might, MIGHT take Holy off, since 151 damage isn't really worth 30MP. Everything else though works out, Gatz has items so he can heal himself and revive others now, which takes weight off the rest of the group, allowing them to go on offense instead.

With that said I kinda feel bad, thought it would be cool to make a party that had attacks just bounce off like tissues, but I guess it is a bit boring...But Gatz does a crapton of damage, so when he gets close enough he goes nuts, hitting people for what was that, over 225? Still, that took way too long, guess I'll try to give them some more damage, somehow..

and another side note, just call me Dyna, much shorter when saying it out loud.

dacheat

So we just post a team in the submissions thread and one of the guys that does videos (wiz, barren, dol, etc.) will pit it against another team?

SoySauceMaster

Many thanks, Barren and Wiz. I didn't make huge changes, so it's alright.
Nothing much to say, really. My team is slow, weak, and my Priests run out of MP quickly. GG, Dynablade.
I was thinking Prismatic Rod would amp Draw Out, but it looks like it doesn't. Might give them Rune Blades, or something. I suppose I could change my Squires into classes with more MA, but then I wouldn't be able to equip Mythril Shield, unless I give them the support ability. They also would have much lower health, and they wouldn't be able to sandbag, unless I make them Summoners. But, that would make them even more vulnerable, due to slow rezzing. Thanks for the advice, though, Wiz. GG, Truelight.

Wiz

Quote from: dacheat on April 16, 2012, 03:30:03 pm
So we just post a team in the submissions thread and one of the guys that does videos (wiz, barren, dol, etc.) will pit it against another team?

Pretty much.