• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 09:24:31 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

DeadManWalking's Sprites: The Adventurer (Female)

Started by DeadManWalking, March 29, 2010, 03:51:13 am

jimmyjw88

Hmm....I thought of journey look, that's why suggest Male Archer, for his boots / grieves ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

DeadManWalking

April 25, 2010, 02:29:21 pm #161 Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 02:39:58 pm by DeadManWalking
Well, here's a new preview.  I might wind up changing the pants, but here's how it looks so far, complete with extra palettes.[attachment=0:2jt8nem9]Adventurer Preview.png[/attachment:2jt8nem9]

Lijj

Cool! you're  busy! 8)  That sentinel came out great! I was downloader #2
  • Modding version: PSX

DeadManWalking

VampragonLord

pallettes look TOO palletty....
Bright blue pants with a blue jacket and such.... just seems too much.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

DeadManWalking

VampragonLord

blue seemed to bring it out the most, but as a whole i just think the sprite needs a little contrast somewhere. The main color seems to work because its brown on khaki to an extent, which is "general adventurerness", but then it goes Blue/Bright blue Red/Bright Red Dark Green/light green etc and he looks too brightly colored.

DeadManWalking

Don't particularly look at this one for detail.  For some reason when I use the zoomed demo options on Zodiac's palette editor, the sprites come out slightly deformed, but, does the palette look better on this one?

[attachment=0:23cbtx6e]Adventurer Preview.png[/attachment:23cbtx6e]

Mari

I think the red one looks pretty nice.
The purple one looks pretty flamboyant, but it's not bad.
The green one is almost nice, but the pants I think they need to be just a bit darker.
The blue one just looks a little strange to me.

Top/main one still looks good!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

DeadManWalking

I think this is a bit better, darkened the red in the purple palette, darkened the green/blue overall.

[attachment=0:37283vom]Adventurer Preview.png[/attachment:37283vom]

VampragonLord

i think it looks alot better personally, the blue still irks me, but that just might be my personal taste, id suggest wait for a bit more input from others.

hmmm after looking at it a bit more, im thinking i might use the sprite as "generic hunters" if thats alright.... cause they honestly seem to look the part to an extent, at least more then the generic/random sprites ive been using.

Cheetah

Jacket: So I'm not exactly sure what you did with the shoulders and arms but there is just too lark of a block of solid color now making it look really flat and bulky. Two options I can think of; first would be to change the shading or change of the style so that it looks a bit better or second you could add in some straps or something for the backback to add some more detail. I like the strap idea but both have a lot of potential for trouble.

Backpack: So the lightest color on the bag is a skin town and is totally messing up your other palettes. So you either need to not change that brown color in the different palettes or you need to eleminate that shade from the backpack. Both are easy and should work fine, try both and see what you think.

Hat: You are definitely going in the right direction, but it needs some more work. The front and rear views don't look like they have a wide enough flap. The front diagonal is the best. The side view might be fine. Overall they all need a bit of touch up in placement of pixels and color choice. There are several red mage hats floating around. Check them out for reference.

Butt flap: It would be awesome if you could remove this.
Current Projects:

DeadManWalking

All I did was remove the stripes on the arms, I'll see about maybe adding some straps

I'll see about removing that on the backpack, although I'd like to find a new color to put there.

Thanks, the only reference I have though is the Red Mage available in the custom sprites section, can you point me to some more?

I'd like to fix the other problems before messing with this.

Edit: I can't work on the sprites because my computer was hit by a virus (I've been trying to fix it all day) but my work should be fine (It's on an external hard drive)

Lijj

I don't know if I really like the red and purple. Hypocritical? Naw It works on Terra but it's too bright for this guy.
  • Modding version: PSX

DeadManWalking

Eh, it's used in the thief palette which I based this off of.  Here's another preview, btw.  I touched up the palettes and the front/back hats.

[attachment=0:25zky046]Adventurer Preview.png[/attachment:25zky046]

VampragonLord

its looking alot better now.
Something still feels a bit "off" about the blue one, though that is probably just me.
Try toying with the backpacks color just a little bit to even it out, tweak the hat just a tiny bit, and in the "blue" pallette, it looks solid blue at some points, but the rest of the hats have a contrasting color band in them.

mav

The red one looks very cool, but the purple and blue ones need some work. This is a pretty good sprite overall, just consider adding some more shadow on the shoulders, cause right now it looks blobby on some of the poses. Also, can you add some more depth to the backpack?

DeadManWalking

Well, I'll have to make all of the backpacks brown to add more depth with some skin colors, but sure.

DeadManWalking

Here's one more =P[attachment=0:2xbghcdm]Adventurer Preview.png[/attachment:2xbghcdm]

DeadManWalking

Removed the Coat Tails.  But I'm not sure how I should improve the shoulders/arms.  How should I go about changing the shading?

[attachment=0:2cy9ia75]Adventurer Preview.png[/attachment:2cy9ia75]