• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:34:14 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: Grim Grimoire (Latest version: Beta 0.993)

Started by Eternal, June 23, 2013, 07:50:32 pm

bcrobert

O_o

Many of the inexplicable glitches have surprised me but...Maintenance=Dual Wield? I can't even comprehend this one. The only thing about those that you touched is Double Sword's string, right?
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

Jumza

This is your chance kids! Go rob clan Dip blind before they get their support ability back!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Eternal

Not that it'll matter much, because enemies are fond about stealing/destroying gear, which now -you- can't defend against without Maintenance either. :P
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Eternal

Other potential errors that need fixing:

-Creams have Return Magick, which will cause the game to bug out.
-Sonic Boom may not deal any damage.
-Thieves are ridiculously good.
-Mog Knights (and possibly Soldier?) losing Revive.
-Speed Down doesn't reduce Speed.
-MP Restoration doesn't work.
-Maintenance needs fixed.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

MountainDew~

Just "finished" the Royal Ruins mission, killed all the enemies, waltzed up to those mean ol' statues... and proceed to hit 0's. Both my remaining units have elemental (Dark/Water, Hades Bow/Masamune specifically) weapons with no source of revivals.

Statues are immune to those elements :(

Is that intentional? I'll feel a lot better about restarting if it wasn't lol
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Holographic #1363

Eternal

MithosFall

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask, but I've been having some trouble with my saves with this mod.  I'm playing this on my PSP (via emulator, of course).  I can play vanilla FFTA just fine on there; have saved many times and am about to beat the final boss.  However, the emulator on my PSP can't load up any save for Grim Grimoire.  The emulator on my laptop, though, can load up any save that it creates, but not what has been created on my PSP.

It's strange that my PSP can play the vanilla version just fine but not the modded one.  Does anybody have any idea what could be going wrong?

Sorry, not having the problem anymore.

tecoptt

I've found a bug i guess.

When you are fighting the totema Mateus, you are also fighting against vampires. Those vampires when they cast Drain, they get invisible and after a while, the game will crash.
I dont know why this happens..
Can you check this report , Eternal?

Ty

Eternal

Kinda late, but I know why it happens. Vampires don't have the proper frames to cast magick like Drain, thus causing them to turn invisible and glitch out. This as well as several other issues are being fixed. :D

ArcticPrism

What are you going to do with Swallowtail and such since the ai can't handle them having 2 aoe?

Eternal

Chances are good that they'll temporarily go back down to 1 AoE until I find a decent fix for them. There are some other minor tweaks that need made as well.

ArcticPrism

Are Assassins are still worth using? It seems like you took everything from the job that would make you want to use one.

-They're much slower than Ninjas.
-Their physical attack isn't much higher than that of a Mage(Viera get no supports like Weapon Atk+ or Double Sword)
-Their magic attack is worse than a Fencer's.
-Last Breath had its accuracy reduced.
-No Ultima Masher
-Much less MP
-Less Mobility
-No Stop

Eternal

I would argue that the Assassin's greatest asset is their versatility. Although they aren't particularly great at any one thing, they're great at crippling enemies and handling an array of situations.

FrozenDragon150

I've been playing this, I love it.

I was surprised when I saw that the game editor still worked for the patches, so I'm in the process of soloing the game, but it is HARD XD

Eternal

Glad you're enjoying it, although I wouldn't suggest soloing through it! It isn't designed to be much harder than FFT, it's just been rebalanced and feels a lot different, which is what I was going for. Play it like you would FFT and you'll do just fine. As always, feedback and suggestions are always welcome!

FrozenDragon150

Hey, I've noticed many abilities have VERY different descriptions from the actual effect, for example, Hastega has meteor's description, it even says 'damage tp all enemies' when I'm going to use it.

Do you have plans to fix that one of these days?

Eternal

When a tool comes around to fix them more easily, certainly. Right now it's a rather tedious process that I'm not too well versed in.

Eternal

Testing is going very smoothly. I'm quite happy with the balance for non-required quests so far. They're quite challenging, but with proper strategy and prudent planning can be cleared with relative ease. Enter Llednar!

tonycancer

I've put 50 visible hours into this mod and I love it so far, but I've run into a bunch of bugs. I have them written down in two places, this is one of the lists:

Mog Knight's dissapear when they revive
Vampires Dissapear when they Drain and freeze when they teleport afterwards
Reaver's Can still become malboros ( I love this bug. *ahem* Feature)
Reaver's freeze if you use Mutiliate
Maitnence is Too Gud.
Knight Sword's don't work with maintenance ( tool tips say 1h, are they 2h now?)
Mediator's Dissapear if they use Guns
Archer's can't learn Concenrtrate
Theives have a dead ability on Cinquedea
Samurai Abilitys are kind of buggy.
Many weird tool tips ( this is prolly known >.>)
Reaver's can't seem to learn Shieldbearer from Round Shield

I'll post more as I find them. I love this game to bits, I had to abuse level 5 death to beat the first totema, it was nuts. The game has gotten much much easier since I've gained easy access to break. The Reaver is pretty bonkers and Im very glad that I rushed for him.

Eternal

90% of those bugs have already been fixed. Thanks for reporting them though! What are you enjoying most/least?