• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:30:18 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Effects Issues with new abilities created in patcher

Started by Kourama, April 25, 2009, 07:19:13 pm

Kaijyuu

May 04, 2009, 08:20:33 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
There's no easy way to do that. You could use Balmafula or Simon (neither are used in a battle), but the cutscenes where they appear would be messed up.
Or, you could kick guests from the formation screen and use their duplicates for characters, which seems to be what you're trying to do. That requires some event/ENTD editing to make sure they don't disappear or recite the lines of their base in story battles.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kourama

May 04, 2009, 08:35:14 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
Yeah, you hit the nail on the head, that's the exact issue I'm having at the moment.

RandMuadDib

Hey i know this is pretty much a dead topic but i figure i'd try here anyway.

Was there ever a fix to this? i'm having the same problem with my character that replaced gaffgarion, disappears when he turns traitor. A solution, if found, would be greatly appreciated.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!