• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:35:51 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Noob Posts

Started by ffta707, October 19, 2010, 07:53:09 pm

ffta707

I was looking back at my old posts, and I came across the dumbest post I've ever seen by me. This was when I found the site from a youtube video on mercenaries. It was on the 5th page of this topic, on a demo of mercenaries: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1703&start=80  

My post:

"Is this going to be free?"

Lasting Dawn's kind answer:

"Oh, it's definitely free! If I had even threatened to say I would put a price on it, Square Enix would descend from above high and strike me, and probably the site down, so yes, 100% Free."

Post your noob posts here. I'd like to see them. XD

Kaijyuu

• Modding version: PSX

ffta707

I'll be honest, you don't have any noob posts.

Jon

My very first post (I think):

"Okay, I am attempting to make a Mandalia Plains map with an Airship flying in the sky. Right now it is close to impossible to upload maps into the game, but hey, maybe in the near future? My goal is to change the ship from Warjilis Trade City into an airship, and step one is complete. I sorta cut out the ship and got rid of all the background in Photoshop, and for me it took several hours. If someone has a quicker way of doing this, please by all means tell me! Next I will fix the ship just a little (the netting looks soooo crappy to me and an airship needs propellers) and then insert that onto Mandalia Plains. If in theory all goes to plan, one day I would like to see the airship actually functioning, and units being able to board the thing only through means of Ignore Height or Fly. Sorta like the lonely bridge at Zirekile Falls where units can go on or under it..."

No introduction, no nothing, I just squeezed out some messed up idea from day 1.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Zaen

Not necessarily any noob posts... but I definitely have changed a ton since 2 years ago.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

Shade

Quote from: "PX_Timefordeath"
Quote from: "Shade"http://zodiac.ffhacktics.com/Arena/

lul
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Mari

Quote from: "Jon"My very first post (I think):

"Okay, I am attempting to make a Mandalia Plains map with an Airship flying in the sky. Right now it is close to impossible to upload maps into the game, but hey, maybe in the near future? My goal is to change the ship from Warjilis Trade City into an airship, and step one is complete. I sorta cut out the ship and got rid of all the background in Photoshop, and for me it took several hours. If someone has a quicker way of doing this, please by all means tell me! Next I will fix the ship just a little (the netting looks soooo crappy to me and an airship needs propellers) and then insert that onto Mandalia Plains. If in theory all goes to plan, one day I would like to see the airship actually functioning, and units being able to board the thing only through means of Ignore Height or Fly. Sorta like the lonely bridge at Zirekile Falls where units can go on or under it..."

No introduction, no nothing, I just squeezed out some messed up idea from day 1.
You still do that!  :P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

Jon

True! :mrgreen: I got a million ideas trying to escape. I just don't have the proper skills, yet.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

ffta707

Quote from: "Mari"
Quote from: "Jon"My very first post (I think):

You still do that!  :P

^^ What mari said. XD

GeneralStrife

my first post....was a thread....yeah i know facepalm
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3028

ffta707

I say graphics gale. It does all the palette work for you. :)

Wiz

"You're banned from Spam." Under the Pearls of Spam Thread

Quote from: "Wizzy""You're banned from Spam."

For what? Me being active too much recently?

Look, I'm not like that Red Fox guy who posted a majority of his comments (like 90% of them) under General and Spam. If you want to look at my track record, of the 83 comments including this one only 33 fall under GENERAL AND SPAM (MOST OF THOSE SPAM YES), so don't come at me and complain that I'm doing a disservice by spamming too much. I've focused with the other 50 comments all on 1.3 because truly I love this game and I'm appreciative that a group of hard-working individuals took it out of their own free time to modify a game so I could truly so the game be pushed to its limits. And once I beat and get an expertise of the game (by let's say playing the older patches to see for myself which one's the hardest), I'll probably end up playing and critiquing the other hacks and if possible get into hacking and spriting myself.

I'm not intending to throw people under the bus but rather point out fact, Kaijyuu for instance has his most active topic listed under spam, so what's the problem with me?

Is it because I don't have any valuative substance in your eyes and possibly the communities? Well that's your problem as well as everyone else who dislikes me, I'm not trying to win a popularity contest here.

I'm not even trying to get people to like me. For me I'm just posting what's on my mind that's all. And usually unpopular topics and/or stupid shit is what spams for. Maybe I get a little too comfortable when I have a rational discussion with people I happen to agree with yes, but saying that I'm looking for attention and putting words in my mouth like that is unfair, wrong, and bullshit. Actions speak louder than words yes, but that's not my intention.

ST. AJORA you must love pissing people off.

"YOUR BANNED FROM SPAM AND I'LL JUST RANDOMLY SPIT OUT GARBAGE TO GET THIS ASSHOLE TO REALIZE THAT NEWBIES NEED TO POST LOTS MORE SUBSTANCE BEFORE THEY CAN TALK HERE OR W.E. RIDICULOUS REASON I CAN COME UP WITH. O THAT'S RIGHT, I HAVE NONE, AND I'LL JUST SAY HE IS AND PROVIDE NO EXPLANATION FOR IT."

Now obviously my emotions are clouding my judgement over your statement right now (me unfairly putting words in your mouth... yes I'm guilty of it to)so you know what. I won't come back here to spam or general for one month and then I'll reassess the situation and laugh at myself for whatever reason I blew up over your comment for and then move on. Even at this moment while I'm typing, I can PARTLY tell that I'm making a big deal over something too small and that my posts are too long, so I'll cut down on that.

For now, it's best for me to just leave here as is because I don't like nor want to bring up DESTRUCTIVE CONTROVERSY.

Later,

one of many internet junkies out there
Boy was I pissed back then lol

I actually did it and didn't post here or under general for an entire month. Check my posting history if you don't believe me.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

ffta707

Well, you can tell if you truly love the game or not. You only had a few spam posts, when red fox had not one post in help, or any other community project. He contributed 0 (Unless you count spam).

EDIT:

New noob post by me: (Trying to sound smart, 4 moths after the topic was made)

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2859

Only 3 posts, not hard to find mine.

Archael

my 1st post

QuoteHi all, I am a newcomer to this forum but FFT rules my spare time, I was raised with this game and love it to death.

I recently got nostalgic and got FFTA (the GBA version) to have some fun. Ended up running an Archer SSCC and put the videos on Youtube. I plan to make FFT Challenge videos there as well.

The most recent videos have commentary instead of music. The most recent video can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgC3J_hHZwY&fmt=6

If you are familiar with the game or just want to check the challenge out, all the videos can be found at:

http://www.youtube.com/Voldemort7

Thanks guys.

how's that for content boyyiyi

Zaen

"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

ffta707

Quote from: "Zaen"Ewww, FFTA...

Don't judge me. XD

Anyways, you first post is not a noob post. XD My first post made me sound like an idiot.