• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:54:49 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

LoL

Started by Jumza, October 10, 2010, 03:08:27 pm

Jumza

I remember a long while ago I saw a heroes of newerth topic which is basically Dota, Recently I have been Playing League of Legends, its the same as HoN basically (actually i think its much better) but it doesnt cost money to make an account its totally free (although you can buy things with money if you want).
Anyway my username is Jumza (Du'h) and since playing with an arranged team of 5 is awesome i was hoping that people who play (or are intrested) would play with me and my friend (feerio). But for people who play already im only level 17.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

ffta707

Hey jumza. I would play, but I'm not sure what it is at all. XD

Jumza

I assume you have never played defense of the aincents then.
Dota is a game where you pick a champion and destroy other enemy champions and thier nexus, but its not just champions, there are also creep waves which split down the 3 lanes the top and bottom lanes commonly have 2 champions and the middle have 1 becuase its a 5v5 (there is also 3v3 but i wont get into tht now)
the creep waves are really useful but you dont control them they just move down the lane and destroy everything in thier path.
there are a ton of champions my personal favourites being Teemo the swift scout (he bleeds with cuteness) and the newest champion to join the legue Swain the master tactition (who doesnt like people who can transform into crows/owls/parrots?). there are a few things that you can only buy with money but they arent necessaties suh as skins and rune pages for your charectars ( but you sart with 2 pages and if you have facebook you can friends riot games and get facebook tristana). an what better way to start then on this (only one since like ever) one and only free champion weekend!
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

ffta707

Sounds pretty fun. I might look into it. To bad I have so much school work.

Mari

Don't do it, the game sucks!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

ffta707

Well then lol. I don't have enough time on my schedule anyways I guess. I spend to much time on ffhacktics, and schoolwork.

Mari

Me either. =[
I hardly have time to play the one game I do play, lately.
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

PX_Timefordeath

Do not get sucked up into LoL! It's so much crappier than DotA, and I hate DotA. For example.

1) No denying

Wtf, now I can't rice my way to OPness

2) "Free"???

More like either spend money to get overpowered heroes, or play for 10k hours

3) Chat is too small, and in an unnoticeable corner

Yeah... nuff said on that

4) MINIMAP ON RIGHT HAND SIDE?!?!?!

WTF?!?!?! Why was this deemed necessary to do?

5) This is a DotA clone. As everyone knows, DotA games hate everybody who doesn't know how to play.

I saw a tournament game, and it started off with a 5v5 in the river which resulted in a doublekill for one guy. That was all. Wtf, no game should ever start off with 5 level 1 heroes vs 5 level 1 heroes. EVER. That's just stupid. And then they go off to rice for the next 20 minutes. No ganking, nothing exciting, just ricing.

FFMaster

Quote4) MINIMAP ON RIGHT HAND SIDE?!?!?!

QED
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Zaen

On the right side? Like Age of Empires? Sounds fine to me.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

ffta707

Kind of like A HUD, right?

Kaijyuu

A HUD is a pretty generic term for any interface overlay. They'd both be HUDs.

CynanMachae

I've played DotA, LoL and HoN, and imo DotA and HoN are much better.
Cynan

thi13en

to be honest DoTa is superior to both HoN and LoL...though now there's a story that DoTa might become standalone under Valve...much like Alien Swarm...

PX_Timefordeath

"A summoner has disconnected."

...I want my HoN R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-RAGE QUIT!!!!!!!!!

Jumza

the problem with the announcer in Hon is that he (pff not a she???) is being way too specific for broad topics like ragequit could be someone who had to be somehwere and had to go or someone who got D'ced.

Archael

Thats not true ^

It only says ragequit if you leave the game after your hero has died

Otherwise its just "x has disconected text"

Also dont even try to compare hon's announcer to lol's, they arent in the same plane of existence

Shade

Dota hates new players, they aren't allowed to study how it works. So my theory is don't play dota, lol, hon. Play fun games at wcs 3 like x hero siege, tag games(anything else expect sheep), td, vampirism, and stuff that is just hilarious.

Btw has anyone played x hero siege at ext 4 and actually won since I have never ever seen anyone winning(reasons, lots of noobs like 5(most of the time who is red is also noob that rage quits.),trying to gather money at too early sate and get fucked by enemies 500+ armor, and not getting ultimate items(that sucks balls)
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Xifanie

Quote from: "Shade"Dota hates new players
Where did you get that idea? I joined a newbies only DotA game, and was trashed by all my ally team (and even enemy!) because I sucked. I just didn't know how to play, and I still don't because they didn't bother explaining.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Eoika

Both Dota and HON communities ingame are pretty ruthless. From what I've learned, you have to go to class before you get to do recess. What that means is, check the forums and look for videos on how to play, research for starts. Then once you get some "vague" - and I use vague fairly loosely - you can play a couple games and put what your learned to the test. However going to class and researching doesn't necessarily make you a master.

Both Dota and HON have different reasons for acting unfriendly to noobs for different reasons.
1)In DOTA its near impossible to finish a game where it still is a 5v5, alot of the games I play end up becoming a 3v3, 3v5 or even 1v1 from the original 10 players for various reasons (Leavers(are the most prevalent), DCs, etc).
2)In HON they track how many games you "Leave" so you're forced to stay in whatever game you join or be forced to have a blemish on your record, and leave to much and you won't be able to join "No Leaver" games. Since your forced to stay in games till the end you're forced to watch your PSR (Public Skill rating) diminish with each painful mistake a teammate makes, which is gained and lost by winning and losing matches respectively.

With that said there has been some movements by community members to fix the problem that Zodiac stated. We're trying to help, but there's so little of us trying to help that word never gets across.

Also: Hi, I'm new.