• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:13:19 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Troubleshooting FFTPatcher! (Post all FFTPatcher questions here!)

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, December 10, 2012, 01:31:47 pm

scbw1234

Quote from: Jumza on April 03, 2013, 05:21:05 pm
I think all special jobs (ones that either are not a generic job, or are not a monster) replace squire, so it shouldn't matter which you edit. For example, editing Balmafula's job for your use would be easy because she is never seen in battle, so it wouldn't change anything. Then you just give her a custom sprite and Boom! done.

Wouldn't this messup the few events which Balmafula shows up with delita and olan?

Jumza

Only if you changed her sprite, I didn't actually know that job ID and sprite ID had to be the same so I guess if you did change her job then you would have to change her sprite too, unless you have a totally new story that doesn't include her...
Anyway, I would just change the doubles that people like Rafa and Gaffy have, seems like the best option anyway.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

scbw1234

Quote from: Jumza on April 06, 2013, 10:40:00 am
Only if you changed her sprite, I didn't actually know that job ID and sprite ID had to be the same so I guess if you did change her job then you would have to change her sprite too, unless you have a totally new story that doesn't include her...
Anyway, I would just change the doubles that people like Rafa and Gaffy have, seems like the best option anyway.

So Rafa and Gaffy they both have two seperate sprite ID?

Jumza

A few of the Guests you get along your travels in FFT have 2 separate Jobs and Sprites, though they are identical to eachother, the only difference being the number tagged on them.
I think someone wrote a guide on how to create new units by getting rid of these duplicates, and it should be fairly simple. I'll try and find it...

Edit: I found it, but it seems ridiculously long winded. I don't know if it really has to take a couple of pages to explain this stuff, but see if it works for you. If not come back and I can walk you through it myself.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

scbw1234

Quote from: Jumza on April 07, 2013, 09:48:33 am
A few of the Guests you get along your travels in FFT have 2 separate Jobs and Sprites, though they are identical to eachother, the only difference being the number tagged on them.
I think someone wrote a guide on how to create new units by getting rid of these duplicates, and it should be fairly simple. I'll try and find it...

Edit: I found it, but it seems ridiculously long winded. I don't know if it really has to take a couple of pages to explain this stuff, but see if it works for you. If not come back and I can walk you through it myself.

Great tutorial~~~ learning something new everyday :mrgreen:

PS:Shishi promotes restructure of iso when opened an iso file,does this restructure had any side effects?like will messup the oringinal game?

Jumza

Quote from: scbw1234 on April 07, 2013, 08:06:02 pm
PS:Shishi promotes restructure of iso when opened an iso file,does this restructure had any side effects?like will messup the oringinal game?

Nope! Restructuring your ISO will have no negative side effects.

Glain

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on April 05, 2013, 03:07:17 pm
You can use UWEntries Spreadsheet Tool Glain made a long while back to change the WLDFACE/UNIT info tied to each Job, giving the unused formation data of someone like Balmafula to the Gafgarion or Rafa you're replacing.

You can find it either in its own thread with a quick forum search or download my Workbooks and use the one contained there.

I just wanted to mention that if you do this, you can use completely unused base jobs for your new characters, and use the spreadsheet to tie it to the right graphics.  As far as I know, base jobs 0x35 - 0x3A are completely unused. (Oh, and the thread is here :))
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

scbw1234

Is that true that Archer's charge skillset uses formula OO?

RavenOfRazgriz

Charge uses a hardcoded formula depending on the equipped weapon.  It is not possible to give this formula to another skill.

HOWEVER, if you use the Weapon XA Rewrite in my Workbooks, one of the features present there is the ability to give an ability 01 DMG_WEAPON formula with a Y value that behaves in the same manner as Charge.

scbw1234

My bad,i mixed up the first ability above cure with formulas.

By the way Raven,is it possible to make a ability gain property of a normal attack?I mean the Golem summon spell does not work on chocobo attack,that goes for hamedo aswell.

Redline12

Ok, here's a FFTPatcher question, I changed luso's sprite into my custom sprites and his job's skillsets. After applying my patch in PSP, I recruit luso in battle(With my custom sprites) But when i go in my party roster. The sprites turned into luso, but the name and job is ok. Any ideas to solve this? Thanks in advance.  :)
Patching is always the greatest idea in modifying.

Jumza

Nephlymio

Ok, saved my patch, now I can't open it back...

Here is what I've changed between last save and failure...

-shield items name from resources.zip
-shield items pallettes
-sprint shoes evade% P and M
-Job levels and JP need 400-9000ish
-item attributes (first 6) exept 0

I can still make a new patch, but can't open the one I've been working on

Glain

So it seems that .fftpatch files are actually zip files, where each entry in the zip file is a section of the patch.  For a zipped entry not to be found, that would imply that an entire section was missing from the file, oddly.  It seems there might have been a problem saving the patch?

You might be able to get your previous version back by opening your patched ISO, then saving that as a .fftpatch.  Once you have that, I suppose you could try applying your latest changes again (but keep a backup).
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Nephlymio

Ya thought so... the problem is, I never did patch my iso yet, I'm just changing lot of stuff at once before going into the iso for ENTD. So I think I'll change those names to what they were in the item list in the zip file and see if it works... *cross fingers* I think I kind of saved while changing names so the patch might be fine with some names but not the new ones...

grrr... got to fix that cuz I made tons of changes... :?

EDIT: changing names back to what they were didn't change anything, got the same error message popping out. Saving new patches work, but getting that one specific doesn't work... If anyone know what happened and know how to fix, please help!

Ishtar

running fftpatcher using wine on debian testing
installed dotnet 2.0 via winetricks
got this
user@computer ~/h4x/FFTPatcher_483_RC $ wine FFTPatcher.exe
err:ole:CoGetContextToken apartment not initialised
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Windows.Forms"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Drawing"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"PatcherLib"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"PatcherLib.Resources"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Xml"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"PatcherLib.Resources.resources"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"PatcherLib.Resources.resources"
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetFamilyName No support for handling of multiple languages!
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"FFTPatcher.resources"
fixme:gdiplus:GdipCreateHalftonePalette stub

user@computer ~/h4x/FFTPatcher_483_RC $ wine --version
wine-1.4.1

what dlls does fftpatcher need?

Xifanie

I got FFTPatcher running on Wine with Ubuntu 12.04 without those errors, but the whole thing is still unusable because of the many bugs. Instead go with a virtual machine, XP SP3 handled it perfectly on Virtual Box so I'm guessing other distributions will too.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Ishtar

bugs with wine or with fftpatcher?  where do you even find xp these days?

Myrmidon

ok, likely a simple question...

the above picture has Truth Sword, Maduin Shield, and other items I've never seen in-game, or in-walkthrough.

How do I make FFTPatcher show names I choose?

I don't care if I even have to rechange 'em in FFTacText afterwards, I wanna be able to see "Deluge" while I'm modding...

Jumza

It's super easy, open up FFTPatcher, click Files, click 'Generate resources.zip' and then resources.zip will be in the same folder as your fftpatcher. Open it up and edit the names of the lists to your hearts desire.

You will have to put the names into the game manually using Tactext though.