• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:57:55 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Sprite Comic *Updated 5/4* (WARNING: IMAGE HEAVY)

Started by KazeKasano, April 22, 2009, 04:01:04 pm

Archael

May 01, 2009, 01:33:02 am #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
orlandu had a wife?

so he's human

KazeKasano

May 01, 2009, 01:51:22 am #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
I've got ALOT planned involving our man the Thundergod. I've really spent alot of time trying to figure out what would drive him. At some point in this comic, I plan to explore his reasons for adopting Orran. Also, Orran's execution should be something interesting to cover.

To help illustrate Orlandeau's backstory/flashback depth, and maybe give someone a base sprite...
We will build cities in a day, we will build towers to the heavens. We will be heroes.
This sleeping city doesn't know what's coming. She doesn't feel the heat.
Even when the darkness surrounds us, we shall light up the night.

SilvasRuin

May 01, 2009, 02:02:28 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
...more.  I want more of that Orlandu sprite.  Someone, please finish it.

KazeKasano

May 01, 2009, 02:28:20 am #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
Except if you put it paint at 8x, it is very obviously NOT Orlandeau. If it was, he'd have some purple to him. If the design is looked at carefully, it's Barbaneth, an almost perfect look for him, too. I made it by fusing Ramza's ponytail, Zalbaag's head, and Dycedarg's beard. His clothing is a mix of the two older Beoulve childrens', and a little of my own editing on the shirt.

EDIT: Great news everyone. All I have tomorrow is a Chemistry test in the morning, and then I'm free to work on this all day!! Great Success.
We will build cities in a day, we will build towers to the heavens. We will be heroes.

SilvasRuin

May 01, 2009, 03:10:14 am #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
That's what I get for jumping to conclusions.  Still, I want more.  I recall seeing him in the sprite request thread, unless I'm mistaken.  Hm... there could be some interesting uses for such a sprite, not to mention he looks good.  He could use a little bit of touching up, but it is rather sound so far.

*Ponders the merits of a prequel following the exploits of Barbaneth and Orlandu in the war Barbaneth died stopping.*

KazeKasano

May 01, 2009, 03:23:28 am #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
Yeah, it'll receive some more loving work before I put it to use.
It's not going to be used until Volume II, if even that early, and there's tons of things to cover before I get that far.

LastingDawn

May 01, 2009, 07:08:01 am #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Terrific! I'm liking the flashback, only thing I have to nitpick is the last time Olan and Ramza met was at Grog Hill, not Goland, that scene is the rather memorable "You have friends, friends that would give their life for you, you can count me among them." or something to that effect. I just think it would be a bit more of a pressing scene on that regard.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

KazeKasano

May 01, 2009, 11:23:45 am #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
Couldn't find a screenshot of that scene, unfortunately.

KazeKasano

May 04, 2009, 01:32:59 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
UPDATE!
For those who haven't caught it yet, I totally jacked the Volume/Chapter stuff from Heroes, and I believe this format will serve me well.

Edit: Chapter 1 title has been changed, this is now reflected in the actual page. Chapter titles will usually be names of songs that I was thinking of when I wrote the chapter of the story.

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

October 23, 2009, 05:26:39 pm #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
I want...

Samuraiblackbelt

October 23, 2009, 05:30:46 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
hey zodiac, can we get this as an emoticon?
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

KazeKasano

October 27, 2009, 04:21:04 pm #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
I don't have time for it these days, but there may be more around christmas if I can get to it. It's project time in art college land, so it's hard to concentrate on stuff like this these days.

Lijj

Ramza with..
A bbbbb.. beard? :lol: I never saw this before.

Anyways,
I wanted to post this somewhere and well, I didn't want to start a whole thread just for this gypsy fortune teller animation I made...
'La gitana hipnótica':
The fate she peers into may not be the best fortune; beware, thee future:
  • Modding version: PSX

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"