• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:01:26 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Animation Creation: Crushing Blow

Started by Million Melodi, August 01, 2011, 04:23:27 pm

Million Melodi

August 01, 2011, 04:23:27 pm Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 04:48:26 pm by Million Melodi
Okay... I've been currently trying to Mod Crushing blow for one of my custom Chars. I keep running into various problems, solving them, then creating new problems. The situation is this: I've manage to change the formula to 5E, but when he performs it, there is no damage counter shown. He goes through the motion, and the damage is applied to the nme, but you don't see it displayed.

• Hp                    
  • Learn w JP
  • Target nme's      
  • Display abil name
  • silence
  • Vert Incr

Effect: 1e1 Small electricity (Mustadio's House)

Range:        3
    Effect area: 0
    Veritcal:      0
    Inflict stat:  5F (Random dead, petrify, stop)
    Formula:      5E Dmg_((MA+y)/2*MA) #Hit_(X+1) 6.25% Status
    X:              2
    Y:              2
  • weapon strike                    
  • Hit NME's                              
  • Silence
  • auto                                
  • Hit Ally's                              
  • Targeting
  • Target Self                        
  • Follow Target(?)                    
  • Evadeable

Also, I wanted to change the animation tab for the move. I wanted the move to be 1 consectutive motion (3x) maybe with a strike of his sword or the shot off an arrow.
    I've tried the values 0F, 6A, and 00, which gave me ideas *thanks* but he performs the jump, waits a turn depending on the CT, then drops down with the electric,  followed by 2 elect punches. No damage displayed.
    any suggestions on a sexy crushing blow animation and how to display the damage?
    I would be forever in your debt and will service anyone (not Sexually) with anything I can.

Pride

I believe the problem is your effect "1E1". Its a special animation which won't display damage, I think.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Million Melodi

August 01, 2011, 06:13:07 pm #2 Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 06:30:25 pm by Million Melodi
philsov [Posts: 4611] (Report)   Quote   [April 14, 2011, 09:37:40 PM]
as far as I know the damage display is tied to the effect itself, rather than ability slot.

For example you'll see some Effects (cure or Flare2) display damage on all units, while some effects (Choco Attack, iirc... lotta monster ones) only display damage on a single target (despite in the video all units taking damage).  In a similar vein, effects that normally don't display damage (Summon Demon, Teleport3, etc) can't be forced to display damage when used as specific abilities.

Edit:  This of course contradicts what you just said.  If you are seeing damage numbers only in specific slots and you want them to not display (why....) then I have no clue =\

After reading this, I realized that Crushing blow's display damage is teleport 3, so I switch it to judgement blade instead with the same effect. I recieved the desired weapon strike (which only happens once, after delving some more in past posts  ;)) but still cannot acquire a damage display "the actual damage being shown." I even changed the formula to 5F, and yet nothing. But! I copied the same formula to stasis sword and Bomblet (the Second 1) using dash as the effect and it worked. I changed stasis sword's effect to small elect and it didn't work, which tells me that small electrcity doesn't display damage.... :P (I'm an idiot) I have to use moves that effects with physical attack properties... small elect must have some magical use for a magic attack. sorry for the waste of space time

Pride [Posts: 379] (Report)   Quote     [Today at 10:04:57 PM]
I believe the problem is your effect "1E1". Its a special animation which won't display damage, I think.

So Pride... Your absolutely correct. back to the drawing board.

Mando

You should read my thread...  read the bold part where it says "Mando" Animation effects. It addresses this issue.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Million Melodi

I'm sorry, but the noob in me doesn't allow me to find it. Post a link and I'll follow.

Mando

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!