• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:45:07 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Souls of Destiny: Full 4 chapter update patch

Started by CONMAN, November 15, 2012, 10:37:44 pm

CONMAN

I seem to be having trouble dumping sprites from my copy of the game.  I wanted to see if there was anything in particular you were after.  The shi-shi sprite editor doesn't seem to want to let me dump them all for some reason.

Probably going to wait a few days and smooth out a couple more things before re-releasing.
  • Modding version: PSX

erish

Hello again CONMAN! Yeah it's true! For some reason, the patched iso cannot be opened in shishi and the files on the patched iso also cannot be extracted from CDmage! I actually want LaLa, Terra, and Ruvelia's sprite, unit.bin, and wldface.bin for now. It'd be really nice of you can fix this, I really want to play your mod of alternate ivalice story! thanks again CONMAN!

CONMAN

Hi Erish! I have compiled a zip with the items you listed.  Let me know about other things you may be interested in.  I do try to put out bulk of things to share.  You could take a look at these threads:

Sprites:https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7249.0
More Sprites:https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=13004.0
Spell Effects:https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=12826.0
Most Maps:https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=12914.0

I am not going to try to rebuild the patch for easier shi-shi access and such.  The original rom had been expanded with an old version of the shi-shi sprite editor and it did it in a way that created this issue.  Quite a few edits were done on this mod prior to the existence of some tools via hex editing. It would be a pretty gigantic effort to rebuild the mod from scratch, but I will pull and share stuff that you are interested in.

I caught one more thing that needs to be fixed before re-releasing.  On a recent release I used a special guest patch and apparently messed some stuff up that I need to work on.

erish

Thanks CONMAN! waiting for you to fix the mod as I really want to play it!

CarlosSilva

Hi everyone, im new here and love fft.
I cant find the download  to play the game, is there any out right now?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

CONMAN

It's on the first page labeled something like (souls_of_destiny_4.41.ppf"

You will need a copy of the original game rom or iso.  A playstation emulator.    And a program to patch it as well: https://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Tools    Most people use PPF-O-MATIC found on that tools page.

Majork67

I just hit that battle that Arashim mentioned. It turns "Connor" to a bunch of zeros and Lv00. I barely won, but even out of battle, he stays that level. I can take a screenshot as it even changed the name

CONMAN

I am posting an update that should fix this issue Majork67.  Unfortunately, the solution is to remove this side quest from the chapter 4 content.  The event itself pulls the chapter2/3 character data and creates this weird issue. 

Added a new side quest to chapter (Darlavon).  Made some text edits here and there.  Also added a support to Isabella's class (Sturdiness)

Majork67

Quote from: CONMAN on February 09, 2023, 03:53:41 pmI am posting an update that should fix this issue Majork67.  Unfortunately, the solution is to remove this side quest from the chapter 4 content.  The event itself pulls the chapter2/3 character data and creates this weird issue. 

Added a new side quest to chapter (Darlavon).  Made some text edits here and there.  Also added a support to Isabella's class (Sturdiness)

Oh Thank you! I just wanted to provide the screenshot to support it because I didnt see it in the posts. Then again, I might be lost and just missed it. Either way, thank you for the response.

This mod is great and I just avoided the area on a previous save above. I have a spastic saving issue for things like that (Thank you mass effect for my lifelong anxiety), so this didnt hit me as hard as others. Thanks!

Ozma

would it be possible to get .bmps of the sprites? i really want that rofel sprite if it has multiple palettes
Don't blame me. Blame yourself, or God.
  • Discord username: Ozma

Joeferson

Hi! I am having a bug with the rumors. I am in the first chapter, just finished Fovoham Plains and the following rumors don't open new fights anywhere (don't know if they should either): Goblin Uprising, Emissary of Ramuh and Academy Rebellion. And the text that appears is from the vanilla FFT, as in the image. Truth be told, the Academy Rebellion oppened up a battle in Gariland against Daravon earlier in the chapter and the rumor had disapeared but it returned, with corrupted text.

Is it problably a bad ISO copy?

FFT.png

CONMAN

My bad! I planned a couple of additional side quests but hadn't actually implemented them when I put out the most recent patch update.  I was concerned with fixing a couple of bugs and forgot that I had changed the text there! :oops:

Santidad

Good job
Quote from: CONMAN on November 15, 2012, 10:37:44 pm
---Next Patch update February 9th 2023---
Fixed an issue with a side quest that messes up the main character if played during chapter 4- This will only be available during chapter 3.  Added an additional side quest to chapter 1 (Daravon/Darlavon).  Made a handful of text edits to a couple items and events.  Made a couple of chapter 1 battles a little easier and one slightly tougher.  Current build is 4.42

--Additional Tiny update: November 27th 2022--
Releasing a 4.41 patch update because the chance to replay the martial arts master was basically zero. (Wish I didn't have to delete each patch. I can only have one uploaded at a time.No message is associated with this attachment.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: October 15th 2022 the 4.4 is replacing the 4.2 version release

This is it! A full four chapter story mod!  The story itself is a few events short of vanilla length but features double the side quests. Accessed via bar rumors ala vanilla.

In this alternate universe version of Ivalice, you are one of the souls destined to hold a Zodiac stone.

Battling evil forces across the land, you are a cut above the rest.  It's fair to describe the party, the lead especially, as over-powered.  It is also accurate to describe the opposition as stacked against you.  Meaning more enemies or magically empowered super soldiers.

This mod features many new sprites, imported music and a few new maps as well.  All but a few chapter 4 randoms have been edited.  Cameos from other final fantasies, chrono trigger and marvel pop in for fun.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Patch UPDATE October 15th 2022

The deep dungeon/Cave of Illusions is finished.  Also many event edits and some map changes and several other things I am probably forgetting!

Updated Patch: January 25th 2022

Credits (work in progress)
Credits:
Sprites:
ZOZMA-ZOZMA
CHELSEA (FEMALE ROGUE)-R999/LIJJ
JENNA (10YEAR OLDGIRL)- ZOZMA
LALA (LULU BASED)-MIROSHI BESHIMA
ISABELLA (MONICA)-ZOZMA
TITAN-KAGEBUNJI/FFTA
HULK (TITAN EDITS) JUMZA
TONBERRY-KAGENBUNJI
TERRA-VALKIRST
TERRA ESPER-ZALKIRST
LOCKE-BLOODTHIRSTER0
CYAN-KAGEBUNJI/DARKHOLME
FENCER (ANIMIST FEMALE)-TWINEES
CHRONO-STEWELELEMENT
FROG-SAIGAS
MINDMAST-LIJJ
BEATRIX-ZOZMA
DUMA-LUIAKYN
FERAL (BERSERKER)-TWINEES
IRONFIST (KEN)-SEUSHIRO
GELWAN-ZOZMA
SHADOW-LIJJ/MASTER GRAND
IRON GIANT- LUIAKYN/CURU
KANBABRIF-BASTARD POETRY
ELIDIBS-ZOZMA/LUIAKYN
BOLMNA-ZOZMA
GARLAND- SEUSHIRO
UMARO- CHOTO

SPELL EFFECTS:
MAGIC BALL-
ULTIMUS-
HELL SWORD (RED STASIS SWORD)-XIFANIE
MARSIL-CELDIA
DARK FLARE-CELDIA
TERRA ZODIARK-VALKIRST

ASM'S AND TOOLS, ETC:
UNIT DISMISSAL- CHOTO
BLANK SUPPORT+ +25% HIT-XIFANIE
SPRITE PALETTE HACK-XIFANIE
GLOBAL EVADE- XIFANIE
FFTText Editor- XIFANIE
INDEX MANAGER- XIFANIE
MIDI-TO-SMD- POKEYTAX
Sprite ID causes Game Over when crystallized/treasured:CHOTO
Sprite ID cannot be dismissed- CHOTO
EFFECT EDITOR-CHOTO
MANY TOOLS-RAVEN OF RAZGRIZ
UWE ENTRIES-GLAIN
Formula 11: Damage = MA * (WP+Y)- GLAIN
Punch Formula becomes (PA + XX)/2 * PA- PRIDE
MIN/MAX FAITH+BRAVE- FFMASTER
SOUND TEST- FFMASTER
Multi-Reaction Deluxe- EMMY
easyvent editor/attackout -RAVEN OF RAZGRIZ
FFTPATCHER-XIFANIE/GLAIN + MORE CONTRIBUTORS

MAPS:
FROM ARMOREDKORI:
WINDMILL
SWEEGEY WOODS
ZIREKILE FALLS
ZIGOLIS SWAMP
CHURCH OUTSIDE OF TOWN

GENERAL THANKS:
I'm sure I have forgotten or messed up a few of these thanks and I will attempt to rectify this as I continue to work on this mod.  Aplogies if I have missed the names of some have helped me out.

I have recieved so much advice and pointers in the decade plus that I have worked on this mod.  While it would be absurd to try and rank all the help that I have recived, at the top must be Xifanie and Elric. Without them I don't know what the hell I would be doing!

While I hate to name people (because I'm definately missing some), I would feel terrible not to give thanks for all the advise, and inspiration I have recieved. Including: Jumza, Nyzer, Choto, Glain, Celdia, RAVEN OF RAZGRIZ, Kokojo, Pride, Angel, Valkirst, Twinees, Lijj, Kagebunji,ArmoredKori, Akashachi, Garmichael, Zozma 

Original Posting:
Firstly, let me say like the rest of you I love Final Fantasy Tactics.  I have played this game on and off since about 1998 and found new ways to enjoy it for many years.  Beaten the game a half dozen time, started an new pay through well over a hundred.  I spent forever playing around with class and skill combinations.  I was lucky enough to have used the work of many to gameshark tinker for years....And then I found this place! :wark:

All that I have tried to say in the previous paragraph is this: I have enjoyed tactics for many years and it has become a long term hobby.  It's one I can imagine enjoying for many more years to come.

Souls of Destiny...

Magic stones, dimensional portals, ... demonic hosts?

Ramza faced many strange things in his battles against the Lucavi, but he never understood them quite like his own brother and sister.  Perhaps he could have?  Imagine if this game had been played from the perspective of Weigraf...  How many people could have potentially been suitable hosts for the various Lucavi?  ...and could different, or perhaps lesser spirits have grabbed hold of other individuals in some shamanic possession through contact with the stones?

My game is like an alternate version of Tactics, in which the Lucavi set out to take the world in a different, more direct manner.  That is to say that the Lucavi/Zodiac Braves are less behind the scenes and are out in full force trying to deceptively sell their cult worship to the public. 

What's more, our hero could very well be one of them.  Not a noble, not a general, not one of the elite, just a man who wants to be left alone when the worst door-to-door evangelist imaginable comes calling.  Leaving behind a simple life, a normal man and his family must face an ancient evil that desires them.

Simply put, our commoner/everyman is a potential lucavi host.  Be hunted or be haunted, embrace power beyond reason or battle it to the end.  When a mysterious prophet desires him for a new disciple, he learns saying no isn't enough. He must leave behind the comfort of his home to face a world that can no longer be ignored.

Battle-wise, I plan to allow the main characters to be badass-ish (Not calc/Cid more like agrias/ninja level).  To balance it out fewer player characters would be allowed on most maps, along with more enemies.  Mechanically, most jobs will stay the same (with some little tweaks).

New Characters

Connor (yes, that's my name...)- (Main)-Sprite-ZOZMA.
Class-Sidhe/Sith: monk/aura style skills. 

Chelsea-sprite- Female Rogue (brown hair)
Class-Ace: similiar to weak assassin/ninja.  High movement and evade, two hands, disabling skills at weapon range (sleep, don't act, don't move)

Jenna-Sprite- 10 year old girl (brown hair)
Class-Indigo: Glass-cannon Mage. high mp/ma. Low hp/pa (duh). Some zero ct spells, and other low ct spells.  Very high mp cost for skills.

LaLa-sprite-H82 with LuLu portrait (finished btw)
Class-Outlaw: Thief/Ranger mash up.  (Crossbow) Steal, couple of musty like skills.
Favorite skill: Repeater: repeated attacks locked onto one panel.  Attacks on regular interval like sped up song/dance.

Isabella-sprite-Monica
Class: Paladin: Holy knight plus healing

Esperella?- sprite-.....Esperella.....
Class: Esper: to be determined...

Magnus-(early villain)-sprite-Magneto
Class: Prophet:... to be determined....

Job Changes: (as of now...)
--->many attacks previously without mp cost now have them.  This effectively nerfs sword skills and monk etc. In this way various jobs have "trump cards" and holy explosion etc. can't be spammed.
Archer- same skills, buffed jump and speed. innate poach
Thief- lose steal gil/exp gained poison slash, and precision (pa*(wp+4)) @ 20mp
Samurai- drawout debuffed. (while actual MA multiplier increased) innate 2 hands
Calculator- now archmage... essentially Kletian (ya, I know)
Dancer- now Storm- elemental style sword skills. ma based
Bard- now feral/Blue mage 
No message is associated with this attachment.No message is associated with this attachment.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Santidad

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

Guillaume

Congrats for this awesome mod!!! I have a question. Do the new maps have hidden items, of which you can find using the move-find item ability?

CONMAN

Unfortunately I haven't set up new move-find for the new maps.  There are definitely some spots that would be great spots to put items (hello grand father clock!)

Lkkaig

I've been playing this on my vita but everytime I turn off the vita it deletes my saved data, do you know why this is happening?

Lkkaig

I've been playing souls of destiny on my ps vita but everytime I power off my vita it deletes my game data , how can I stop that from happening

CONMAN

There shouldn't be any difference between this mod and pretty much any other on Hacktics.  I have modified anything that would alter save data.  I would assume that it has something to do with the vita itself.

keisuke

nice to meet you! I'm playing your patch from Japan. First off, the graphics are strange. I'm using Retroarch Mobile as an emulator. The graphics are normal in other patches. It seems that only this patch is not displayed properly. Can you give me some advice? The English translation may be strange, but thank you for your understanding.

I would like to attach an image, but I can't do it properly. The strangest thing about the graphics is that the ocean colors turn into a rainbow.