• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Adding a 'weapon strike' when using abilities?

Started by Jonnycbad, August 24, 2010, 05:39:11 pm

Jonnycbad

So basically I gave Lancer's Fire/Ice/Thunder Bracelet but I want them to slash their spear in the air before using it in the same way special jobs slash their swords when using Holy/Dark/Mighty/Sword skills. I'm using FFTPatcher I thought I could just click on 'Weapon Strike' under the ability animation but they just raise their hands up when using the breath instead of slashing their weapon. I even tried Cloning stasis sword over Ice Bracelet and playing to see if there was another variable I wasn't checking and still the character just raises their hands and the stasis sword animation goes through. What parameter do i have to edit to get characters to strike their weapons in the air before a spell/ability? I know this is possible as I've seen videos of people using Holy Sword abilities with Dictionaries O_o
Thanks in advance for the help

Jonnycbad

I figured it out, despite being a Hacking Scientist. I copied the HEX values of Magic Sword abilities in the animations tab. I'm not a hacker and had no idea what I was doing, but I guess it worked for reasons I'll never understand, NEVER UNDERSTAND.