• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:44:19 am

FFT RPG

Started by woodenbandman, February 17, 2009, 12:10:25 pm

woodenbandman

February 17, 2009, 12:10:25 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by woodenbandman
I'm working on a way to use FFT as a text based RPG. I always loved the class system, and I think that it's a really sweet setting as well. It'd make a good system because the characters are extremely mutable and can swap their roles at any time.

But the problems arise: What character generation system do I use? How do I make the characters? How many JP/level do they get, and how many levels do I use? Should I bother with Brave/Faith, and if so, how many brave/faith points should I hand out? How do I handle the broken combos such as MP switch/Move MP Up? What about stats? How do I determine how many levels each person leveled up in each class? What skills should I get rid of in the context of an RPG?

I've been thinking about using the FFT 1.3 rebalanced classes. Each level, you get a number of JP (and at higher levels, you get a higher number of JP/Level). For every X JP you spend in a class, you gain a level in that class. I've yet to do the math, but it should end up relatively balanced depending on how many JP you dish out for the starting level.

I'd like some help with this. I thought of posting this in projects, but it seemed like the wrong forum.

Starting question: How many JP would you guess you gain in a normal FFT 1.3 playthrough at each level?