• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:55:05 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Crystal, Chicken, Frog, Chest Palette fix

Started by Talcall, March 02, 2023, 10:20:57 pm

Talcall

March 02, 2023, 10:20:57 pm Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 07:09:46 am by Talcall
Woah it's my Monthly Dedicated Forum Post! :O
I'm here to post a fix to an issue with palettes 5, 6 and 7 for chickens, frogs, chests and crystals: now they actually have a palette 5 6 and 7!
* This fix also means that picking up crystal palette 5 will no longer freeze your game.
The attached xml file automatically applies these palettes to your game, so no need to worry about manually making your own palettes.
When Glain updates Shishi, you'll be able to extract the OTHER.SPR file as a BMP and make your own palette edits, and when that happens remember that without this patch:

• Chickens use palettes 0 - 4. These overlap into the frog palettes.
  • Frogs use palettes 5 - 9. These overlap into the crystal palettes.
  • Crystals use palettes 10 - 14. Palette 15 is completely black and will freeze the game when picked up. Overlaps into the treasure palettes
  • Chests use palettes 16 - 20. Palettes beyond this point draw erroneous red squares.
With this patch:
  • Crystals use palettes 0 - 7
  • Chickens use palettes 8 - 15
  • Frogs use palettes 16 - 23
  • Chests use palettes 24 - 31
Also, here are some previews of the new palettes:
Crystals:

Chickens:

Frogs:

Treasure:

HOT FIX. I made a typo. This should fix it. Apply as normal.
Another hot fix. turns out there was a reason for only having 20 palettes.
I am on fire. I edit more code to fix both status palette changes (like regen, poison, vampire) on frogs/chickens, and to allow the OTHER.SPR file's palette's to be more freely edited.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
""The only thing more hardcoded than FFT, is more FFT."
    - A wise man"
       - Talcall
  • Discord username: Talcall