• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:40:57 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFTA Crash

Started by wafev55477, January 27, 2023, 02:39:54 pm

wafev55477

Hi all, newbie here, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I'm looking for a workaround for a crash that's preventing me from continuing.

When the dispatch mission "Caravan Guard" completes and the jingle plays just before the results screen appears my game freezes. I'm using mGBA 0.9.3 with the USA version of the game. I had max clan money, infinite money and quick AP gain cheats activated but even resetting the game without the .cheats file still causes the same crash. Is there a way to edit my .sav to bypass this dispatch results screen or cancel it all together?

Again, sorry if this isn't the correct place. If anyone needs any more info or has any suggestions please let me know, thanks.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

FlamingZelda

Pretty sure a post like this belongs in the FFTA board. https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?board=47.0

That said, I have no clue what is causing your crash. You'd need a gba hacking expert who has your rom and .sav to figure it out, and even then it could be a time consuming process to fix.

FFTA saves are almost entirely undocumented so creating a workaround would be difficult as well.

The only thing I can suggest is cancel caravan guard from the pub menu and hope the crash is only with that particular mission.

wafev55477

Sorry, I posted it here before I found the proper board. I was able to get it resolved thanks to someone editing my .sav to remove the faulty item that was causing the crashes.