• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[SOLVED] Game crashes at end of Chap 2

Started by Shredzealot, January 26, 2023, 10:38:21 pm

Shredzealot

January 26, 2023, 10:38:21 pm Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 12:27:51 pm by Shredzealot Reason: Fixed the problem. Please delete the thread.
Update: Patching a fresh ISO with only the TLW mod solved the issue. I was able to proceed through with my most recent save. Issue may have been caused by running the QoL mod on top of the TLW mod. If so, this was the first issue I encountered during the playthrough.

---

After the battle with Queklain and scene that follows with Delita & Goltana at the end of chapter 2, I should be getting the intermission text describing the start of the war before moving on to chapter 3.

What I'm getting: Immediately after panning away from the the Delita scene I hear the transition music playing but the screen is frozen and blank. I can't proceed and it will sit there indefinitely just playing the music (I've waited 10+ minutes). I've reloaded up to a couple saves back but I get the same issue each time I reach this same point.

Anyone experienced this or have any ideas how I might fix?

I started this run on PCSX ReARMed, hit the issue, then ported the save over to Duckstation and still saw the same result.

Mods: TLW 2.031 + Xifanie's QoL Pack v1.13b

Having not played this game in ~20 years, these mods are amazing! Really hoping this run can be salvaged.
  • Modding version: PSX