• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 03:38:44 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

On using custom sprites

Started by Knight Lord, December 30, 2022, 05:02:59 pm

Knight Lord

I'm working on a project currently that is intended to be for the personal use of myself and my friend acting in tandem as a learning project for me. I assume that for my personal use I can use whatever sprites I so please since I will be the only one seeing it, correct me on that if I am incorrect.

There is also, however, a chance I will post it here, just because why not. If I do post it here, which sprites am I allowed to use for the official posting? I do not want to post a project with Sprites the creators don't want used in projects they aren't working on. Any Sprites I do use will be given credit, of course. I am many things, and a spriter is not one, and seeing as I am doing a job overhaul on top of my other changes, I will require new sprites. So far, I've "made" one, and it is very obvious I am not a spriter. Thankfully, I'm pretty far from the spriting stage.

Thanks in advance for your answer.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: Rever Seurwit

Jumza

The general rule is that any sprite on this site is fair game for use in mods as long as all artists involved are credited properly. If you want you may also reach out to the creators and ask for their permission. Generally sprites that people don't want others to use are not posted here!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Knight Lord

Quote from: Jumza on December 31, 2022, 12:49:04 pmThe general rule is that any sprite on this site is fair game for use in mods as long as all artists involved are credited properly. If you want you may also reach out to the creators and ask for their permission. Generally sprites that people don't want others to use are not posted here!
Thank you for the response!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: Rever Seurwit