• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:10:11 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Installing Mods: PPF Omatic converts to bin, how do I get cue?

Started by Zotis, December 22, 2022, 01:25:02 am

Zotis

Hi guys, been a veeeery long time since I've been here.  I was just curious in checking out some of the mods, like Celdia's, but am facing difficulties.  I'm on Linux, and can't get ePSXe to work.  I use Retro Arch, which runs .cue files.  I got the Rumble Chaos Crashdown randomizer working, but I can't get any of the mods here to work.  When I use PPF Omatic to patch a bin file, it only outputs another bin file.  If I try to patch a cue file it doesn't work.  If I try to convert the patched bin to a cue it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Jumza

The CUE file just points to the bin. If you patch the bin and don't change the name of it, the original associated CUE file should work with it.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Zotis

That goodness, it works!!!  You're a life saver, Jumza.   :D

nitwit

If you do rename your bin or you have a large batch of roms, you can mass generate cues for them with this.

https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1373/