• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:54:56 am

[SOLVED] FFTpatcher issue

Started by Ralus, December 20, 2022, 12:36:51 pm

Ralus

December 20, 2022, 12:36:51 pm Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 11:43:59 am by Ralus Reason: Issue resolved.
Hi folks,

I am having issues where skillsets are not updating, but editing their text via FFtactext does. I noticed this issue happening when I was trying to create a new skillset for a character. In game, the name of the skillset/job class changes, but the abilities remain default. I decided to try this with Ashley Riot, a skillset I did not yet touch to see if this was a universal issue. From the screenshots below, I guess it is.

Modding version: PSX
Base Patch: TLW

Any help is appreciated!

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: Ralus

Jumza

Not sure exactly why this would happen so here are a few things:

Using Duckstation? Duckstation has a setting where it loads up an old savestate it made rather than restarting the whole game. If you've patched text to some files then that would be loaded up by the game when needed, but skillset data is always loaded in (in SCUS) and you would not see anything changed until you did a hard reset. You can prevent this by unchecking "Save State on Exit" in the Duckstation settings under General.

Another possibility is that you are patching to the wrong place, maybe you have a backup that you are accidentally patching to? Though if you are successfully patching other things then this seems less likely (though not impossible :P )
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Ralus

Quote from: Jumza on December 20, 2022, 03:37:25 pmUsing Duckstation? Duckstation has a setting where it loads up an old savestate it made rather than restarting the whole game. If you've patched text to some files then that would be loaded up by the game when needed, but skillset data is always loaded in (in SCUS) and you would not see anything changed until you did a hard reset. You can prevent this by unchecking "Save State on Exit" in the Duckstation settings under General.

This did the trick! I'm doing a lot of custom event editing and I usually have a savetstate via ePSXe. Now I know to always hard reset when making new skillsets/abilities. Many thanks!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: Ralus