• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 11:19:35 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Change names of Spells from the PSX version

Started by Aelyat, December 05, 2022, 09:48:14 pm

Aelyat

Greetings! I have been going through the forum for some hours looking for a way to change the names of spells/abilities/and other text related things from the PSX Version to the WoTL revision. Change things like Fire 3 / Firaga and Guts as Mettle, and such changes from the 2007 version.. but I did not find a info related to this, so I decided to open a topic about it. Hope it's alright.
 After learning about the project of The Lion War, and all the nice bonus and changes from it, I decided to give it a try. It's amazing! As I would expect from the work and love that people had on this. Well done!
However, I really liked the text changes from WoTL, just from the opening scene at prologue the text from the psx seems weird to me, like it lacks some depth and re-translation they had from PSP version. Plus other small stuff, like mettle being guts (or vice-versa) and the Spell names ofc (wich was the reason I really wanted to change some of the texts while playing TLW version -- if that's possible without corrupting the game).
In case that this particular topic had had already be answered, I apologize.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: Aelyat