• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:53:03 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Can't patch isos

Started by Taisan, November 05, 2022, 11:40:15 pm

Taisan

So I'm trying to get the Lion War patch up and running. Got a fresh iso of the PSX version and ppf-o-matic. I run the program and everything goes smoothly. Patcher says it's done so I close it and boot up the game. End up with vanilla FFT instead of the TLW. Don't know what I did wrong if anything. Tried this with isos from both coolrom and cdromance just to make sure I didn't have a bugged version of the game. Anyone know what's going on?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Orkney

Not sure.

When you test your TLW ISO,  you are not doing it from a savestate ? Because if you do it is the issue.
  • Modding version: PSX

Taisan

Nope. Don't have any. Just redownloaded the emulator so I shouldn't have any save states in the folder.

Taisan

So looking around I found some old patched versions of the game that I made before. I noticed that the file sizes of each of them were larger than the base game and the one I just tried to patch stayed the same as before. So I don't think ppf-o-matic is even doing anything when it says it's done. Is there any other tool I can use to apply the ppf files or am I just screwed?

Taisan

Alright I figured it out. ePSXe is just trash. I tried it out on PSX 1.13 and the game works fine now.