• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:15:16 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Combine with difficulty mods?

Started by StarScythe, November 06, 2021, 09:24:10 pm

StarScythe

Lucky me, I decide to pick up FFT again after more than a decade, and dropped by here to see the state of mods, and this sweet one is just releasing! so first off THANKS SO MUCH to everyone that worked on making this.

I was wondering if anyone had managed to combine this mod with any other difficulty based ones. Looking for more of a challenge compared to the base game, but not on the masochistic level of 1.3. That one really lost itself after splitting off to insanely derpy to be honest.

Nyzer

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

StarScythe

I see. Yeah I figured it would probably be difficult, as any of them would need to have been built with this one as it's base instead of Vanilla, so probably too soon.

Which means that I'll need to make the mod myself. Which I'm not opposed to. I'm fairly familiar with the process, though a bit rusty cause it's been a long time. Speaking of which, I was pleasantly surprised my account was still intact after so long away. My first account, TheClaimer, didn't make it past the website upgrade way back when, so I had assumed I'd need to make yet another, which is nice. So THANK YOU TO THE ADMINS for that one.

Anyway, it seems I'll be starting a small project myself to up the difficulty a little. To that end, from what I've been able to determine in reading through the FAQ's and notes and such is that I should be fairly free to make modification in FFTPatcher, but will have limited space for additional ASM hacks. Are these assumptions correct? If so, just how much space for ASM hacks do I have to work with? Are there any other limits that I should keep in mind as well?

Wernecksteiger

Quote from: StarScythe on November 07, 2021, 01:01:24 pmI see. Yeah I figured it would probably be difficult, as any of them would need to have been built with this one as it's base instead of Vanilla, so probably too soon.

Which means that I'll need to make the mod myself. Which I'm not opposed to. I'm fairly familiar with the process, though a bit rusty cause it's been a long time. Speaking of which, I was pleasantly surprised my account was still intact after so long away. My first account, TheClaimer, didn't make it past the website upgrade way back when, so I had assumed I'd need to make yet another, which is nice. So THANK YOU TO THE ADMINS for that one.

Anyway, it seems I'll be starting a small project myself to up the difficulty a little. To that end, from what I've been able to determine in reading through the FAQ's and notes and such is that I should be fairly free to make modification in FFTPatcher, but will have limited space for additional ASM hacks. Are these assumptions correct? If so, just how much space for ASM hacks do I have to work with? Are there any other limits that I should keep in mind as well?

Hi, have you done your difficult mod?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: wernecksteiger

3lric

• Modding version: PSX