• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Celdia's Reflect-O-Rama

Started by Celdia, March 19, 2021, 01:13:13 am

Celdia

I spent more time on that banner image than I did making this patch.

So I had the dumb idea of giving everything Reflect in vanilla and seeing what would happen. So now the patch that no one asked for: TwoClick. Because I made it by clicking the mouse twice (click Job, click Innate Status: Reflect on) on every job in the patcher (except 00, though something tells me maybe I only needed to do it to 00). Included in the attached archive are six seven* different .FFTP files and you will need the 493 Beta version of patcher (https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7163.0) to apply them to a clean ISO. The files are labeled as such:

Reflect Only: What it says on the tin. Every job has Always: Reflect going and there are no other changes. Do not expect any game text to reflect (ha, oh god why, I promise that was unintentional) these changes.
The rest of them took Three (or more?) clicks to do but they all have the above Reflect All changes. Since it took three clicks to do that part, I named them ThreeClick.

Summons Only: As above, but also all Summon spells have been flagged as Reflectable.
Samurais Only: As Reflect Only but all Draw Out skills are flagged as Reflectable. This one does not change summons.
Summons and Samurais: Hopefully self-explanatory. Summon and Draw Out skills are all flagged Reflectable.
S+S+SS (Summons, Samurais, and Swordskills): As Summons and Samurais, but with the fun addition of Agrias' five swordskills being flagged as Reflectable.
Sorry Gaffy: As S+S+SS but includes Dark Sword and Night Sword in the list of Reflectable swordskills.

This is completely untested and presented as-is and I consider it complete. There will be no future support of this patch. Keep in mind this patch is more about how the AI's decisions will change due to the modifications than it is about the player just making everyone a Monk and playing mostly like normal. Try to do something fun with it. :D

* Fake Edit because I thought of one more before I finished typing this up:

* S+S+Mime: As Summons and Samurais above but Mime Job unlock is all 0's so everyone has it from the start. Enjoy!

I highly encourage anyone amused by the idea to share their experiences here with it. Also if anyone else does have ideas for this and are willing, just post your own modified .fftp patchfiles up in this thread. Very curious to see what comes of this, if anything.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0