• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

New Mod – Ansehelm's FFT Expansion Open Beta! (PSX)

Started by Ansehelm, July 04, 2020, 11:12:51 pm

Ansehelm

Quote from: Xios on March 19, 2022, 12:20:05 ambromander, forgive me.  but if this was an escape room, and finding the download link was winning?  i would be trapped.  i'm not sure if i'm missing something, but it looks like i'm not the only one.
It's like the Deep Dungeon - you have to step on 1 of the 4 possible hidden exits AND collect all 999 magic pinecones.

But actually, first post in the thread, just to the right of the images, there's a little link that says:
FFTE 3 15 2022.rar
Click it, and all your dreams will come true.
  • Modding version: PSX

Ansehelm

New update out in title post.  Mostly compatible with previous saves, although I'd recommend going from a save before the Zigolis plot battle, if you've made it past that, and dropping any Meginjords you may have (common item -> rare in this update).

The main changes:
-Added some of ArmoredKori's alternate maps:
-Inside of Igros Castle
-Yardow Fort City
-Cellar of Sand Mouse
-Bervenia Free City
-Orbonne Monastery DON
-Underground Book Storage 3rd Floor
-Underground Book Storage 4th Floor
-Lenalia Plateau
-Barius Hill
-Doguola Pass DONE

-A few item changes, including the addition of gold nuggets as accessories, or for synthesizing items.

-Random enemy gear is now based on Shop availability, so the player is not punished for extra levelling.

-Zigolis swamp guest is now free on winning the plot battle, rather than found in rare Zigolis battles.

-Story progression values removed for synth shop, i.e. all synthable items are immediately visible.  Not sure if I was inputting the values wrong if if TLW changes the order of story prog values, but it wasn't working with them earlier. Will investigate further.

-Gave more skills to the wizard, so that they now have spells for every element except holy. Wizards can also now learn Ultima 1 on hit (instead of Ramza's base class), and 2 special characters can learn Ultima 2. Gave Mustadio several unique gun abilities.  Other misc ability and balance changes.

That's all for now.  I won't be porting this over to the latest TLW update for at least a few months since it would be a lot of work and I can live without the rendezvous/loot wheel for now.  I've also delayed past releases for long enough in order to bring the mod into compatibility with other hacks, such as the Synth Shop.  So for the foreseeable future, incremental improvements on this iteration will be the definitive version of the mod, although I won't close the door on the possibility of eventually incorporating the latest TLW version.

Coming Soon:
-Further bug/balance fixes
-Graphical displays of units/items/poaches, etc.

Ansehelm

Small update - not to the mod itself, but I've created some reference materials for poachable monsters and for the currently active Item Set Bonuses (i.e. bonuses that are granted to a unit that has a certain combination of equipment.)  Found in this and in the title post.

Coming Soon:
-Further small bug/balance fixes
-Visual resources for Rare Units/Items/Abilities, Generic human units, and Synthesizable items.

Josiah

are you ever going to drop a changelog featuring all the changes you've done to the classes and the changes to the weapons?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Ansehelm

Quote from: Josiah on April 23, 2022, 03:42:51 pmare you ever going to drop a changelog featuring all the changes you've done to the classes and the changes to the weapons?

Great question!  Not a changelog per se, but I am currently working on visual info sheets for the job classes and weapons/armor, similar to the monster/poaching info sheets posted already.
Stay tuned, at least some of them will be out within the coming week.

eduardohrda

• Modding version: PSX & WotL

Feuholden

August 15, 2022, 08:15:10 am #46 Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 04:33:08 am by Feuholden
Some items don't get Stat's bonus as written (ex: Tlatlazinihhuitl SP+1)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
I Play Every Mod

BananaPanic

Hey, been playing this and enjoying it so far, not sure you are still updating however.  Regardless, would you or anyone else be able to share the job unlock reqs?  Some of them seem rather high and I'd like to not spend an incredible amount of time grinding, thanks for all your hard work!