• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Help, having a really weird issue with this mod

Started by vharvest, November 16, 2016, 12:11:30 am

vharvest

Hey guys, I have searched everywhere but I haven't been able to find any instances of anyone having the same issue as me.

I am at the thieves fort mission and my average part level is about 30-32. I did a Mandalia plains grind session to get a few skills I needed to move forward, and after finishing it, Ramza has COMPLETELY disappeared from my party. He appears in cutscenes and I can deploy him on the grind before the battle starts, but when it begins, he just isn't there, and I'm one man short. He's also my main source of damage (wizard) and I use him to revive people, so I'm pretty screwed.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm using ePSXe by the way. Thanks for your assistance, wondering if I need to start a new game? It happened on my first playthrough also and I didn't get near as far, and both times it happened after I played a long random battle to gain XP/JP.

Thanks,

-V
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

Sounds to me like you just have a bad ISO. I could see a super obscure bug doing this, but having it happen not once, but twice, to the same person and nobody else?

Find a new source and repatch Jot5 to it. You might be able to keep the save file you've got as is.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Xifanie

I think it's possible there was a bad squad formation, that made Ramza disappear because he would've tried to spawn on a invalid time? I don't think JotF changed random battle squad tiles though...

Either way, you don't have to start a new game (unless something really broken happened). You will need to use this gameshark code: 30057F74 0000. That's all. If you overwrote his slot with a different character (#01), you wouldn't be able to recover him though.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

3lric

Well thats definitely a new one, and nah, we never changed any of he random battle formations.

Were you perhaps trying to cheat?