• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:26:40 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

RTF Chapter 1 Bug Reports

Started by Jumza, May 26, 2023, 03:35:44 pm

Jumza

I'm like 50% sure I don't make mistakes, so if you find a bug please report it here! I will address things as they come up.

And thank you for bearing with me! If you've been playing you know this is a complicated mod, there are bound to be errors here and there!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

tales

Hey,
Dont know if this is a bug or an emulator problem (i'm using pSX v1.13) but when i start a triple triads game controls stop working and game freezes waiting for me to do something.

Heres a screenshot of when it happens:

Maybe i'm doing something wrong?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

cntrdctn86

May 28, 2023, 01:28:55 am #2 Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 01:36:52 am by Jumza
MODERATOR NOTE Fixed in version 1.03

Using SwanStation through retroarch, getting a freeze in the 2nd map of main character's classic mini game as soon as I try to attack an enemy. Might be because swanstation isn't on the approved list.

Jumza

Quote from: tales on May 27, 2023, 08:32:55 pmHey,
Dont know if this is a bug or an emulator problem (i'm using pSX v1.13) but when i start a triple triads game controls stop working and game freezes waiting for me to do something.

Hey! I cannot reproduce this problem with pSX v1.13, as that's what I did all the development and testing of Triple Triad with. Any other circumstances that lead up to this? Using an external controller maybe? It should continue reading inputs as normal.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Jumza

May 28, 2023, 10:46:16 am #4 Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 02:05:36 pm by Jumza
Quote from: cntrdctn86 on May 28, 2023, 01:28:55 amUsing SwanStation through retroarch, getting a freeze in the 2nd map of main character's classic mini game as soon as I try to attack an enemy. Might be because swanstation isn't on the approved list.

I will investigate this! Let me know if you have crashes anywhere else on Swanstation as well

EDIT: It looks like this is a problem for everything! I am working on a fix

tales

Quote from: Jumza on May 28, 2023, 10:38:44 amHey! I cannot reproduce this problem with pSX v1.13, as that's what I did all the development and testing of Triple Triad with. Any other circumstances that lead up to this? Using an external controller maybe? It should continue reading inputs as normal.

Not using external control but i believe its a problem on my end, something similar has happened before on the Call of Power mod chest looting screen. I'll try to fix it here, thanks for your time anyway. :)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

cntrdctn86

I'll have to load an older save to check, but I'm pretty sure the "Lisa Company Insurance" job gave me the work history for Recover My Friend, and vice versa.

cntrdctn86

Quote from: cntrdctn86 on May 28, 2023, 01:28:55 amUsing SwanStation through retroarch, getting a freeze in the 2nd map of main character's classic mini game as soon as I try to attack an enemy. Might be because swanstation isn't on the approved list.

Tried it again on 1.02. This time it started with enemy's turn, immediately froze when the cursor went to the enemy who's turn it was. Also, enemy is level 28. Soft cap 20 only applies to hero team =*(

Jumza

Quote from: cntrdctn86 on May 29, 2023, 12:38:22 amTried it again on 1.02. This time it started with enemy's turn, immediately froze when the cursor went to the enemy who's turn it was. Also, enemy is level 28. Soft cap 20 only applies to hero team =*(

New version v1.03 is out now and has a fix for this bug! Thank you again for the report.

Level cap is intended for the player team, and is meant to be occasionally broken by enemies. Though it should be 25 for the player. Please let me know if this is not the case

cntrdctn86

Quote from: Jumza on May 29, 2023, 01:36:09 amLevel cap is intended for the player team, and is meant to be occasionally broken by enemies. Though it should be 25 for the player. Please let me know if this is not the case

Nobody on my team has been able to progress past Lv.20 Exp.99.

cntrdctn86

May 30, 2023, 09:06:06 pm #10 Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 07:13:24 pm by Jumza
MODERATOR NOTE Fixed in version v1.05

Well, this was a weird one. I did a time warp (through mini games) in Serenham after finishing the side stuff over there so I could get the salesman, and it went through the Princess introduction again... and now I have 2 of her in my unit list.

Jumza

Quote from: cntrdctn86 on May 30, 2023, 09:06:06 pmWell, this was a weird one. I did a time warp (through mini games) in Serenham after finishing the side stuff over there so I could get the salesman, and it went through the Princess introduction again... and now I have 2 of her in my unit list.

A fix should be coming for this in 1.05, for now I suppose either enjoy your double unit or boot one from the party! Thank you for the report.

Kaiden

Hello, idk if that was reported already , but on mini games, the classic mode challenges , the game freeze everythime i try  there , im using the duckstation,

beside that i would know if  it have a way to pass throug  that part is blocked by some female knight,

also im doing videos about the mod, i would ask if i can keep doing it or not, sorry to ask things that is not bug related , but im new to forum.. sorry ! ^^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jumza

Quote from: Kaiden on June 03, 2023, 04:44:22 pmHello, idk if that was reported already , but on mini games, the classic mode challenges , the game freeze everythime i try  there , im using the duckstation,

beside that i would know if  it have a way to pass throug  that part is blocked by some female knight,

also im doing videos about the mod, i would ask if i can keep doing it or not, sorry to ask things that is not bug related , but im new to forum.. sorry ! ^^

No worries! You can also DM me here or on the Discord if you have more general questions, especially if you are making content. Are you on the latest version? The classic mode bug (specifically for Maine) was fixed a while ago. If you are and still having issues let me know.

In regards to the Knight blocking the way:
The camera rotates to show the cave on the map. That's a strong hint as to what to do. Try approaching the other cave you've seen in Tathewood during a battle!

Xifanie

Combo Level is not red
+15 CT not +25
Doesn't mention it randomly adds poison
*paid
*Your dad
Facts/Minigames menu is unlocked before triple triad is unlocked
Page flipping icon overlap
*paid
*Fake Dollar
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Pandemoniu

In the Serenham Granery battle, it seems as if there aren't any Move-Find Items on that map. Or rather, they do not seem to be accessible.

Similarly, I also noticed that my unit equipped with the Cursed Harp didn't take have Regen on them until Orion fled, so they didn't take damage.

Is any of that normal? If we aren't allowed to access the hidden items on this Map in this battle, is there another point where we'll return here?

Pandemoniu

After having finished the
Serenham Storyline, my Journal had Princess Peach unlocked, despite never having met her yet.

By contrast,
Kinnan's entry was missing, even though Piper's entry was appropriately present.

Jumza

Thank you for the reports!! I will have to look into all of that. For the Granary, I've had multiple people tell me about this Move Find issue now. I've seen someone on stream get an item so it seems weirdly inconsistent. For the effects not happening until the mid battle, that is also strange!! What emulator are you playing on?

Xifanie

June 10, 2023, 05:43:07 am #18 Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 06:31:25 am by Xifanie
Guy permanently left after
I killed Kinnan's gf
in 1.05
I was able to gather some gysalh greens and save the girl despite being
in the same loop that I  killed her after she turned undead
I was able to trigger the series of events leading to the attack on
the Kingdom, with Celia in my party, despite having never saved her that loop
Dynamic Punch is 1 range and 0 damage
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Jumza

Quote from: Xifanie on June 10, 2023, 05:43:07 amGuy permanently left after
I killed Kinnan's gf
in 1.05
I was able to gather some gysalh greens and save the girl despite being
in the same loop that I  killed her after she turned undead
I was able to trigger the series of events leading to the attack on
the Kingdom, with Celia in my party, despite having never saved her that loop
Dynamic Punch is 1 range and 0 damage

I believe these were all fixed in 1.06? But I will double check.
Dynamic Punch, although it does not say so (how did I miss literally half the ability descriptions and the other half have mistakes) is TarMaxHP - TarCurHP in damage (so it deals whatever HP they are missing in damage). So it would appear to do 0 on a target with full HP!

There will eventually be a 1.1 update where I hit on all the text I missed (and spelling mistakes and the like).