• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

The Lion War - Recruits

Started by 3lric, April 30, 2020, 06:30:58 am

3lric

Quote from: Holy2Tack on October 17, 2022, 10:22:56 amThat event is awesome. I think it would be funny if Rad picked the gil back up before offering to buy him a drink. Seems like something he would do. Buy Ramza a drink with Ramza's money.

Yeah that was the plan, we talked about it on discord a bit lol
  • Modding version: PSX

Ka Zan

Thank you for creating this Mod. I LOVE this game so much since childhood. I played this game several times more than I can remember. Instead of playing with game shark code or patcher, I prefer your mod bro. Thanks for your time and effort.

3lric

3lric

Holy2Tack

Yes! He picks up the coin!

Also, Rad's class seems really cool. Can't wait to see it in action.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

Some more pictures. Since the dot for Murond Death City is unused, Ive moved it using Xifanies worldmap editor, as well as the line from Goug to Murond Holy Place, as its not an essential path.

Zolias

Is there likely any way to be able to make enough roster slots to hold all extra-special characters along with some monsters/generics?  Just curious, because it'd be great to be able to do so, along with being able to bench some units, as well.

3lric

Quote from: Zolias on October 29, 2022, 07:53:57 amIs there likely any way to be able to make enough roster slots to hold all extra-special characters along with some monsters/generics?  Just curious, because it'd be great to be able to do so, along with being able to bench some units, as well.

The roster space in TLW is already as big as it's ever going to be, unless Glain expands the Bench hack.

The roster itself was already increased to 20 for TLW, as well as including the bench hack which gives room for 10 more units.

There are 26 unit.bin slots for the game to have unique sprites in the roster screen, plus monsters and generics. Minus 2 for the additional Ramzas, thats 24 unique units that can potentially have in Recruits, with 6 additional slots. I doubt youll ever have more than that.

3lric

Unfortunately i have to announce that this mod is on indefinite hold for the time being, as I'm no longer really a part of this community and dont have enough ego to assume I can complete this alone.

Sorry guys.

sutebenukun

I'm quite sad to see this as this mod in particular was something I was greatly looking forward to and was excited to see everything you had done. I hope you can get the rest you need and I sincerely hope you find inspiration to continue this mod.

I wish there was something more that I could do to help than simply offer words of encouragement and comfort, but I understand the feeling of not feeling part of a community anymore. I used to be pretty prominent on FF6 hacking scene (mostly as a sprite artist) but eventually I just didn't feel that pull anymore. Sometimes I'll go back and do more, I even created a 16bit artwork for my Dungeons and Dragons group's anniversary in a style of a FF6 battle against enemies I sprited with our characters in the PC style.

All of that is just to say, I totally get it, but I hope that you do return and continue the mod when you feel inspired and ready to continue tackling it. I know it is a tremendous amount of work and effort, and I have loved every update you have shown us and will continue to look forward to your inspiring work!
  • Discord username: sutebenukun

3lric

Thank you. That means a lot.

Holy2Tack

Always take care of yourself first! We all appreciate everything you've already done for various other projects.

Argath

• Modding version: WotL
  • Discord username: Argath

3lric

Quote from: Argath on April 02, 2023, 11:14:03 amhow to use this mod anyone?

Please tell me where in the thread did it ever say it was finished?

Daisy

Quote from: Elric on April 09, 2023, 09:55:43 amPlease tell me where in the thread did it ever say it was finished?

To be fair not all FFT fans speak english and a LOT of translators are pretty bad.

I also can't blame them for being excited. To be honest as someone who's played through 1.3, your wotl mods, and celdias mod, this mod right here absolutely has me the most excited.

It feels the most tied to vanilla, and I like your dialogue.

This mod is definitely the main reason why I've been refreshing this site for the last while :D

Good luck with this project or whatever projects you seek to do in the future!

hype

Ka Zan

Bonesy

• Discord username: Bonesy#9386

steagle11

Absolutely love the idea of this mod. This is/was a childhood fantasy of mine and I used to use an action replay just to be able to play as certain characters like gafgarion. Is there any expected timeline on when even a possible test version will be released? Love your work TIA.
  • Modding version: WotL

sutebenukun

Quote from: steagle11 on November 07, 2023, 12:56:58 pmAbsolutely love the idea of this mod. This is/was a childhood fantasy of mine and I used to use an action replay just to be able to play as certain characters like gafgarion. Is there any expected timeline on when even a possible test version will be released? Love your work TIA.

It is currently on an indefinite hold, I hope Elric will be able to work on it again but if not at least we have this thread to inspire others to do something similar to his vision. In any case, if you are reading this Elric, I hope you are doing well!
  • Discord username: sutebenukun

3lric

Quote from: sutebenukun on November 30, 2023, 09:25:00 pmIt is currently on an indefinite hold, I hope Elric will be able to work on it again but if not at least we have this thread to inspire others to do something similar to his vision. In any case, if you are reading this Elric, I hope you are doing well!

I will be working on recruits again, as I cannot work on Jot5 in it's current state without reconciliation. This project wasn't something difficult, was mostly easy and outside of the mercenary stuff, which was already in progress when I stopped, a good bulk of the work was already done.

I will likely be hosting it elsewhere, but I'll make sure it gets linked back here by someone in the future when I have more to show.