• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

The Lion War 2.031 - DOWNLOAD HERE!!

Started by 3lric, September 17, 2021, 03:00:04 am

Amici

Quote from: Elric on October 30, 2022, 02:52:33 pmIf you wanted to know about active bugs, the bug thread woulda been the right place

I have no intention of making any more updates to this patch outside of 1 event update

Great! I guess I can start rebuilding my custom patch again. Thanks again for an amazing hack.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

kerryrhema

Dear Elric, first off, supremely grateful for the work put in! I'm enjoying it thoroughly!

Would like to check if you know how to get codeshark codes to work on ePSXe.

For the base game, this works by a txt (SCUS_942.21.txt) where I can add in codeshark codes e.g. no random encounters.

However, this text file does not seem to be picked up when running FFT TLW - the codes menu in ePSXe is blank.

Perhaps there is a behind the scenes different game ID for FFT TLW and as such a different text file name is required?

Would be glad if you would know how this functions!

Thank you in advance!
  • Modding version: PSX

Jumza

Quote from: kerryrhema on November 30, 2022, 10:56:30 pmPerhaps there is a behind the scenes different game ID for FFT TLW and as such a different text file name is required?

I believe it is TLW2 instead of SCUS at the beginning of the name!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

Quote from: Jumza on December 01, 2022, 09:07:44 amI believe it is TLW2 instead of SCUS at the beginning of the name!

This is correct ^

lafegob

MAN !!! i just finished the game, and it's is incredible !!!!! it's a master piece what you guys did there.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

3lric

Quote from: lafegob on December 06, 2022, 02:13:41 pmMAN !!! i just finished the game, and it's is incredible !!!!! it's a master piece what you guys did there.

Glad you enjoyed it, consider leaving a review:
https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=12780.0

JoshTheOnionKnight

Is it there a spanish traslation of the mod?

3lric

letzin

Can someone help me?

I landed here and am delighted with the mods.
But I can't play it, I tried it through the PSX emulator, but I can't get it to work at all.

Can someone give me a little help, please?

tcharleyd

I actually have a really odd but maybe its a good question. Is it possible to the ISO I ripped from the disk I own and add this patch to the image, then copy the patched file to a new CD-R and play the patched file on original equipment (assuming I can already play this kind of media on original hardware)?

(And I ABSOLUTELY own this game, in sooooo many different ways)

3lric

Quote from: tcharleyd on June 23, 2023, 04:11:27 pmI actually have a really odd but maybe its a good question. Is it possible to the ISO I ripped from the disk I own and add this patch to the image, then copy the patched file to a new CD-R and play the patched file on original equipment (assuming I can already play this kind of media on original hardware)?

(And I ABSOLUTELY own this game, in sooooo many different ways)

It works on a modded ps1, yes

PierreJG

August 02, 2023, 11:15:10 am #71 Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 12:52:45 pm by PierreJG Reason: feed back.
Man, I never got into FFT. I did play FF7 and 8, but Never finished the others ( completed 7 in 38 hours when I was young now I don't know  :mrgreen:  ) This may be my time to play FFT as usually, hacks have a lot of bug fixes, and hopefully more difficult. I mainly play ARGs like Torchlight and Diablo 2 with difficulty mods. I did try Final Fantasy - 0 but personally, I found it boring. I will give this a try (when I have time ) I work a lot and I some days have liks 30 min and sometimes I work till 11 pm ( I work for myself ) I am not going to lie. This hack really looks good. Will give my input once I have time as I am good at tactical games but They do tend to take long

Edit: uhm I overestimated myself... Imagine being good in TRPG and then you die like a nab. On a planet full of Nabs, I'm their king :D. I only had 30 min to play early morning and I do say, I enjoyed it more than I thought except for me ramboing like an idiot instead luring...

Wernecksteiger

does this mod have multiplayer items? how are they obtainable?
  • Discord username: wernecksteiger

Nyzer

No. WotL's equipment extension was done in a way that would have been extremely crude and tedious to replicate, and AFAIK, no one has ever cared to take a stab at it.

One of the most limiting features of it is that the base game uses almost every value in an entire byte for equipment and item slots, and the data for unit stats was planned accordingly. Basically, it's like every value from 00-99 has already been used, and going any higher would require changing that to 0000-9999. There'd have to be some way to double the number of digits (or fake it) for every single equipment slot on every single unit stat data section, as well as make every single line of code in the game that looks at the equipment also look at the upper half of the ID number. Or there'd have to be some way to have different IDs mean different things depending on which equipment slot it was in, making it so that, say, the ID for Excalibur in the hand slots meant the Crystal Helmet in the head slot. Aaaaand then every line of code that looks at the equipment slots would need to be adjusted for that.

NightLion

Hi Elric,

Thank you very much for this mod, FFT is one of my all time favorites and it was a shame how poor they did the ports. The new content brings me back and flows really well with the base game, Kudos~

Carnack

Hello there,

I am digging up some nostalgia and wanted to give this hack/build a run.  I was wondering if there were any changes to job stat growths or not.  I.E. Ninja still has the best speed stat growth, or if Ramza's squire job is now broken for stat growth.  I have seen that before.

Regardless, thank you for all your efforts.

3lric

Quote from: Carnack on November 22, 2023, 05:04:21 pmHello there,

I am digging up some nostalgia and wanted to give this hack/build a run.  I was wondering if there were any changes to job stat growths or not.  I.E. Ninja still has the best speed stat growth, or if Ramza's squire job is now broken for stat growth.  I have seen that before.

Regardless, thank you for all your efforts.

It's vanilla

greyjoy

Hello

is there a way to run this on a linux based system (steam deck)? i have the rom and the patch, but can't run ppf-o-matic because it's for windows. any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Jumza

If you can access the internet with the device there are some online options, check this one out for example! https://www.marcrobledo.com/RomPatcher.js/
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

greyjoy

Quote from: Jumza on December 06, 2023, 12:36:18 amIf you can access the internet with the device there are some online options, check this one out for example! https://www.marcrobledo.com/RomPatcher.js/

thank you! that worked :)