• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:33:50 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Call of Power Remake : Chapter 1 release Masterthread

Started by Kokojo, September 09, 2022, 03:51:23 pm

Kokojo

September 09, 2022, 03:51:23 pm Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 06:27:51 pm by Kokojo
It's with great pride that I present to you this big teaser, quarter-of-an-adventure! This proof of concept is here to tease your appetite for chapters 2,3 and 4. I do not plan, currently, on releasing this mod chapter per chapter.

Call of Power has always meant a great deal to me, and making this remake has been quite cathartic. I hope you will all appreciate the multitude of effort and will that went into this hack.

This topic will serve as a MasterThread for bug reports and comments. So beware of SPOILERS!.
Be aware that I had many issues with FFT orgASM, and thus bugs are inevitable.

I have too many people to thank, but the main ones are Xifanie for making so many tools, and 3lric for coercing me back into the FFH fold. Garmichael, with his addition of GDX, also changed the game by himself.

To the rest of the active FFH members, I owe you thanks in one way or another...
But enough!
Time to play!

Attached : The Patch, and the job tree!
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Grim

Unable to get past the Seth battle, killed everything, they all tuned into crystals and was just stuck, Sheafer got the killing blow on him, not sure if that made it bug or its just intended to not get past that yet.

Other than that seems like a good mod thus far :)
  • Modding version: PSX

Kokojo

Quote from: Grim on September 10, 2022, 05:58:25 pmUnable to get past the Seth battle, killed everything, they all tuned into crystals and was just stuck, Sheafer got the killing blow on him, not sure if that made it bug or its just intended to not get past that yet.

Other than that seems like a good mod thus far :)

Strange, I had no one else report this problem... but myself when I was knee-deep in testing.

I suggest re-patching a fresh ISO (your saves will be kept), that ended up working for me.

Grim

Quote from: Kokojo on September 10, 2022, 09:44:14 pmStrange, I had no one else report this problem... but myself when I was knee-deep in testing.

I suggest re-patching a fresh ISO (your saves will be kept), that ended up working for me.

Tried re-patching and got the same bug, 99% sure that is because I had the 5000gil blessing from the shrine, because as soon as I got rid of it the battle worked as normal.
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

Seems like some conditionals didn't get loaded properly.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kokojo

Quote from: Grim on September 10, 2022, 11:53:31 pmTried re-patching and got the same bug, 99% sure that is because I had the 5000gil blessing from the shrine, because as soon as I got rid of it the battle worked as normal.

Well, thanks for this solution, I will investigate it!

Talcall

Okay so, like, this mod is really fun!
in terms of battle mechanics, the difficulty feels well balanced around a player who doesn't know what the intent behind every ability in the mod is, while still having playing fft before - Not too hard that it scares new players, but not so easy that it was a total breeze. I still needed to pay attention to Gospel who was nearly a whole turn away from crystallisation once  :lol:. The battles with the monks felt rather difficult, but only took me 1 game over to realise "confuse would ruin these men" and one confuse later, the fat man with the book attacked the confused monk, the second ability proc'd, and the monk teleported to the shadow realm.
totally planned that!  :cool:
I appreciate the supportive role that Ilya takes, which fooled me for the first battle thinking she was actually battle worthy and not, sit back and hope you aren't whacked. great purpose was powerful, but inconvenient to time when there were 12 puppets with "cancel action" readily available with instant cast (I hope to see more enemies with that in future! (though ilya is dead so maybe less impactful))
on that note
the puppet fight was awesome! they're weak and can be knocked down but it doesn't mean anything except to carve open a path really, but there's enough of them to be somewhat troubling to push through without good coordination. an excellent balance!
berserk completely cheeses the final boss. which was funny to discover on attempt #1.

in terms of the story, it was compelling! I skipped through some dialogue to be honest but I got a fairly good read of the script. Schaefer really was a coward and the treachery was a great way to convey that, I think. the plot twist right at the end felt a little forced I might say though; it was stated that they were incredibly close, sure, but the tone shift in that man felt like it came way out of left field! appropriate for the circumstance I would suppose, but it didn't quite read right. Dunno if that was just me though.

also, I got twin as a generic unit. 10/10
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
""The only thing more hardcoded than FFT, is more FFT."
    - A wise man"
       - Talcall
  • Discord username: Talcall

Nyzer

Found the reason for the Seth battle going off the rails. For now, don't take any blessings into that fight, or it won't be beatable.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kokojo

Small update,
- Fixed some grammar.
- Fixed some item names being too long
- Buffed 2 fight that were too easy.
- Fixed the bug that made the Missionary fight impossible if you had a blessing.
- Changed the  secret fight. Kokobo should now be  way stronger
- Buffed the Chapter Boss and make him immune to Berserk.
- Changed some Battle rewards
- Changed some prices to make accessories more affordable.

Kokojo

Version 003. This version should be the last one for a while.

- Hopefully no more english errors
- More balanced Chapter boss
- More challenging secret boss
- Fixing the Gates issue in the prison.
- Fix a few small bugs.
- Tweak the difficulty of some fight to make a more curved difficulty curve.
- Change and balance some MFI issues.