• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:39:57 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT Patcher (.497)

Started by formerdeathcorps, May 14, 2011, 03:57:55 am

Glain

June 09, 2021, 04:59:09 pm #320 Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 01:43:46 pm by Glain
Version 0.493 (previously Beta v7):

General:

*   File operations that open the disc image now open the file only for reading where appropriate.

Shishi:

*   Now shows entries for the entire sprite table, including for sprite IDs 0x00, 0x9B, 0x9C, 0x9D, and 0x9E.  These are blank and unusable with a size of 0 unless ISO is expanded.
    *   The internal sprite entries have been adjusted to be numbered accurately, so that 01 Ramza is actually the second entry, with the new 00 entry being first.  If using custom sprite names in a Resources.zip file, the corresponding SpriteFiles.xml entries will need to be updated accordingly.
    *   Sprite entry IDs are now displayed accurately instead of being increased by one. 
    *   The default entry has been changed from 00 (displaying as "01 - Ramza") to the real 01 Ramza entry (second in the list).
    *   Can now handle showing blank entries, with the Sprite menu actions disabled.
    *   Any sprite can now have an SP2 entry if the appropriate association is made in the correct table in the disc image. (PSX: BATTLE.BIN 0x2E1CC, RAM 0x800951CC)
    *   There is now a FOUR option for SEQ and SHP values because that is the default for sprite entries 0x9B, 0x9C, 0x9D, and 0x9E.  It's treated the same as TYPE1.

*   Fixed an issue where transparency values could be set to the wrong values when importing bitmaps.
    *   Fixed an issue where an imported bitmap could be saved incorrectly to the disc image if the bitmap's width was not a multiple of 8 (this seemed to only affect OPNTEX12 in Other Images with its size of 258x180).
    *   Adjusted compression data for some sprites to import into the disc image accurately.
    *   Fixed an issue where monster sprites could import into the disc image incorrectly if a 4bpp image was used.
    *   Now pads monster sprites appropriately with zero data if they are too short.  This allows sprite 0x5D (BATTLE_DAMI_SPR) to be imported without error (yay for technicolor goop)!

*   Expand ISO has been reworked.  No longer increases the size of the disc image, but instead expands the sprite data and moves it into empty sectors.  (This seems to fix the sector read errors that would appear in the pSX emulator in certain circumstances.)

FFTPatcher:

*   Can now patch PSP version slowdown fix.
    *   Corrected PSX RAM offset for Store Inventory data (for Gameshark section).
    *   Updated some formula labels.
    *   Updated some default labels for sprite files.

FFTactext:

*   Generate Resources XML menu option now generates more accurate skillset names, sprite file names, special names, and placed unit names.

FFTorgASM:

*   Added "align" attribute for <Location> tags.  This will align the offset to the specified multiple.  For example, align="4" will cause an offset that isn't a multiple of 4 to advance to the next multiple of 4.  Using mode="ASM" also automatically uses an align of 4.
    *   Updated some patch XMLs.

EntryEdit:

*   Fixed an issue where a set name lookup could cause an error if there were more sets than known set names.

ASM Encoder/Decoder:

*   Now reports errors translating pseudoinstructions.  Errors should be visible where appropriate in both FFTorgASM and MassHexASM.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Glain

November 24, 2021, 02:29:42 pm #321 Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 11:35:35 am by Glain
FFTPatcher 0.494 released!

Release page here with patch notes! (Direct download)

Edit - There was an issue where the Settings.xml wasn't being loaded.  Redownload 494 at the link above for the fix.
Edit - There was another issue where ASM patches that include other patches weren't copying variables correctly, causing a crash in FFTorgASM when selecting the patch.  Once again, redownload 494 at the link above for the fix.

alonerfeumuno

I'll go mad with this error DTE for Boot.bin ""[29e334]"" failed
i ve tried everything to fix it ... i want to change Ramzas Squire class (chapter 4) for Knight Errant but i cant...
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: alonerfeumuno

3lric

Quote from: alonerfeumuno on January 24, 2022, 08:17:31 pmI'll go mad with this error DTE for Boot.bin ""[29e334]"" failed
i ve tried everything to fix it ... i want to change Ramzas Squire class (chapter 4) for Knight Errant but i cant...

Because you are trying to change it to something longer and dont have the space to do so.

---HattoriIga---

@Glain as resources from 2.02 were posted to use then I am in doubt. is it possible to use EntryEdit: to make edits of events. I say this because when I try to open the events part of an error does not appear script to make change put event command as it appears in vanilla. the battle conditions and world conditions error more just change size when loading iso that goes more I do not know if this is 100% do this.

will be impossible to mess in a clean rom using resource TLW 2.02 and try to use EntryEdit for editing. I enter this key even with tuto spreadsheet TLW - FFT Conditionals v4 do not understand me mexe this spreadsheet where Var even with tuto that I saw was always at 0% of understanding

Sorry for my English I am using my translator (https://www.deepl.com/)

3lric

Quote from: ---HattoriIga--- on February 02, 2022, 02:08:59 pm@Glain as resources from 2.02 were posted to use then I am in doubt. is it possible to use EntryEdit: to make edits of events. I say this because when I try to open the events part of an error does not appear script to make change put event command as it appears in vanilla. the battle conditions and world conditions error more just change size when loading iso that goes more I do not know if this is 100% do this.

will be impossible to mess in a clean rom using resource TLW 2.02 and try to use EntryEdit for editing. I enter this key even with tuto spreadsheet TLW - FFT Conditionals v4 do not understand me mexe this spreadsheet where Var even with tuto that I saw was always at 0% of understanding

Sorry for my English I am using my translator (https://www.deepl.com/)

FFTP is not going to understand the conditionals sheet, and likely not the events either. TLW events and conditions are setup much different from vanilla.

bee

April 21, 2022, 05:08:41 pm #326 Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 11:27:01 pm by bee Reason: redirecting to correct thread
**Edit:** I just discovered the fftpatcher help thread, and took my question there. Oops! Sorry for the unnecessary post in this thread, please feel free to delete.
🐝

Bora

Hi awesome people!

Just wondering what's this yellow colored thingy  on FFTPatcher?

Thanks.

Jumza

In something like the Inflict Statuses tab, you've pressed on something under one of the entries that says (for example) In use by X items/abilities: (ability / item using it). Clicking on the X, which is the number of things that use it will highlight those entries in yellow on the list. It doesn't effect anything other than showing you those entries in yellow!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Bora

Quote from: Jumza on July 05, 2022, 11:58:15 amIn something like the Inflict Statuses tab, you've pressed on something under one of the entries that says (for example) In use by X items/abilities: (ability / item using it). Clicking on the X, which is the number of things that use it will highlight those entries in yellow on the list. It doesn't effect anything other than showing you those entries in yellow!

Gotcha! Saw the effect. :lol:

Thanks.

darkskyx

It could be possible to make that yellow box for abilities? I really like that option to find statuses in .494 but it isn't available for skills... Everytime I want to find who uses a skills (in skillset/monster skill) I lose a lot of time. Thanks for your time.
  • Modding version: WotL

✪ Emergence 2 for PSP (EN/ES) - Play it now! ✪
A vanilla+ experience for PSP. Actual patch: 1.0+. More fixes in v1.1!
  • Discord username: darkskyx#9825

Orkney

There is this tool that already exists to know what is being used and where it is being used :

FFT MOD HELPER

Requires Excel

Neonseraphim

Two years later, hope it is not an abandoned project, but EntryEdit is awesome, any plans of making it able to load and patch PSP ISO?  I would really love this feature. 

Glain

FFTPatcher suite 0.497 released!

Release page here with patch notes! (Direct download)
(Patch notes are from 0.494 forward)

darkskyx

Mistake that I found:

When rebuilding a fftpack.bin, FFTPatcher .497 creates a wrong 71k KB file.
When rebuilding a fftpack.bin, FFTPatcher .494 creates a right 215k KB file.

(I didn't test other releases post .494) Tested for the PSP version of FFT.
  • Modding version: WotL

✪ Emergence 2 for PSP (EN/ES) - Play it now! ✪
A vanilla+ experience for PSP. Actual patch: 1.0+. More fixes in v1.1!
  • Discord username: darkskyx#9825

Glain

Quote from: darkskyx on June 21, 2023, 09:58:30 pmMistake that I found:

When rebuilding a fftpack.bin, FFTPatcher .497 creates a wrong 71k KB file.
When rebuilding a fftpack.bin, FFTPatcher .494 creates a right 215k KB file.

(I didn't test other releases post .494) Tested for the PSP version of FFT.

The discrepancy here is the naming of the file OPEN\OPNBK.BIN within the fftpack directory.  If you change it to OPNBK.BIN (instead of OPENBK.BIN), then it should be able to rebuild the fftpack correctly.

I've pushed a change to the source control to give a more descriptive error message for this case.