• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:38:04 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Celdia's Sprite Swaps

Started by Celdia, February 21, 2011, 02:29:07 am

mav

Gold palettes are hard to pull off, unless you're willing to darken the skin and hair color. Anyone remember the gold palettes from the Arena topic? Jeez, those were always the hardest. A few of those sprites have more reddish hair, Kage; I assume that's what Strife was getting at. It can be fixed though.

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Kagebunji on February 27, 2011, 11:50:18 am
Like I said on chat, yellow is just too bright. As to hair color, total bs, I see no reason for wich sprite and portrait don't match, both are blonde, and look damn similiar.

Kage the fifth row is red headed >_>

Kagebunji

Without zooming in I can'see it, so I am not seeing it neccesary to fix it. Mav's port is red-headed, not that one, heh. I agree my monitor screw colors, but this is not something to be concerned with.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Celdia

There just aren't enough colors in the spectrum to make me happy. That said, I ditched gold in favor of a lighter gray (there's no good way to do a 'white' palette, is there?) and made my original gray darker. Side by side those two seem different enough. Also corrected the pointlessly red hair on #5; Thank you GS and mav. I likely wouldn't have noticed that if it wasn't pointed out. Too focused on the rest of it.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Celdia

Okay. Tried adding a belt. I'm amazed at what one little line of pixels can accomplish. Sprite sheet is attached if you want to load it into an ISO and view some animations.

Kagebunji

Lol, that's one small belt. I can barely see it. I hoped for something bigger, like Dyce's belt. But this isn't bad either.

Celdia

But she's petite. She doesn't need a huge belt.

Kagebunji

I agree, but this one is hardly visible. Maybe try making it two lines of pixels, instead of one? It would help.

Durbs

Hey, Celdia, do you think you might be able to post your Demagogue sprite as .bmp images (eg I can upload them into FFTEVGRP)? I tried to do it myself with multiple other sprites (I even looked off your guide), but I ended up ruining my iso.

Celdia

I did see your post in the tutorial thread Durbs and I'll admit, I'm stumped as to how a sprite import could nuke the whole ISO. I'll attach the FFTEVGRP images to this post though. You're welcome to them.

Durbs

Thank you, Celdia, you're a saint. :) I'm also not really sure how it happened. It seems like there's trouble at every turn for me; first the emulator was finiky about its setup, then my iso program took several tries to get it right, and now this. Something's wierd that I don't know about, but I haven't found out what it is yet. Thanks for the sprites, anyway.

Celdia

March 08, 2011, 04:11:38 am #32 Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 09:09:21 am by Celdia
Just messing around with some palettes from the generic female sprite.

RavenOfRazgriz

Portrait coloring on the blue and red portrait robes needs a bit of work.  You should probably tone done the primary on the fourth palette sprite cape some too, either that or make the secondary / tertiary a bit brighter so the contrast isn't so glaring.

Else, that's a nice and simple alternative to the Summoner sprite for people who want to use it but don't want the horn for reasonable reasons.  If you feel a bit brazon, I'd recommend trying to meld the Summoner's cape/neck bit with the Priest's head in the portrait to give it a bit more distinctness since right now it just uses the Priest's portrait, but otherwise.

(Note to self: Learn how to graft capes onto things for portraits.)

Celdia

Necrobump? Probably. But its my thread here so...nya.

In still wanting for a replacement on the vanilla Mediator sprite I got the idea in my head to use a Calculator franksprite that was done some time ago. I'm told it originated from R999's project, but the palettes seen here are constructed by Raven for FFT:Redesign. I don't intend to keep these colors as a final product in CCP but I felt like posting the sprite mostly for the portrait to get a little feedback. Its about as complicated as the sprite itself is as far as work goes - just a frankenport. If I could get a bit of feedback though I'd like to hear what you all have to say.

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9079/animalistf08preview.png

I'll attach the spritesheet as well.

RandMuadDib

you weren't kidding about frankensprite lol. i like the back frames, the calculator cape thing looks good with the hair.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Celdia

September 28, 2011, 12:39:06 am #36 Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 12:40:11 am by Celdia
So with some collaboration with Raven I finally got a paired set to replace my Enchanters with in CCP. Here's the male sprite to match that female one above. Also posting the full female sheet in BMP format for anyone else that wants it and a high-collared version of the male because Raven requested it. I will be submitting these as Enchanter sprites to the site submissions for the custom page as well, but likely with a different set of palettes on them.

http://i56.tinypic.com/dbo2du.png Low collar

http://i51.tinypic.com/rr10k3.png High collar

Celdia

So I got this idea in my head to put in a Succubus monster with the next update of CCP. I started poking around the custom sprites for a female unit that might fit the bill with some minor edits and I found Rydia. She seemed like a good starting place and I started tinkering with palette swaps to find something I liked. When I was done with that I moved onto the portrait and couldn't manage to do anything useful with it so I decided to work from a slightly less complex seeming portrait and grabbed the Ch. 3/4 Tietra port for FFT Remix. This is what I came up with for the first draft of three palettes for the monster family.

Going for a Succubus/Vampire/Demoness set for the three tiers. I still think the portrait is a little fugly looking but there are unused colors in the palette that could probably be applied to clean it up some...its just beyond my abilities. If anyone has a little time and would like to give it a go, I'd be appreciative. If not then I suppose this will have to do. My first draft of the spritesheet is attached.

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Celdia