• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 01:38:03 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

ASM Request Thread

Started by SentinalBlade, November 08, 2008, 07:17:49 pm

Skip Sandwich

November 13, 2008, 10:35:33 am #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
Why would you need it when you could just use the Blood Sword formula AbsHP[Weapon], which when used in a skill uses the barehand formula anyways.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

funa

November 13, 2008, 09:49:00 pm #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by funa
is possible to make random hit skills like truth and untruth hit only valid targets?"make it don't hit empty panel"

Zozma

November 13, 2008, 09:53:08 pm #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
that doesnt require asm, there is a box that says "animate on miss" at the bottom of the ability section in fft patcher, uncheck it and it will only animate on targets with a unit on them.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

The Damned

November 13, 2008, 10:04:37 pm #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Actually, Zozma, I think Funa's question was more having it not be able to target panels that didn't have anyone/anything on them, not just the animation. (That's duly noted, though.)

As I know, due to the effect areas of FFT, that's either out incredibly difficult (at the moment) or outright impossible. I'm leaning towards the latter....
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Zozma

November 14, 2008, 08:33:59 am #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
oh i see *cough* *whatabaoutformula2E* *cough*,

eherm anyway, so you're saying like if you have a chance to hit 6 times and one of the hits goes into an empty pannel, make it hit an occupied one instead?

funa

November 14, 2008, 10:35:29 am #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by funa
the damned is right i want it only target occupied panels
and a magic tat only damage undead and demons is possible?
with formula ma*x and always hit

sorry if is too difficult to understand my texts i learning English, I know how to read but write right is a "little" difficult at moment ...

nuken

November 14, 2008, 10:55:58 am #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by nuken
Quote from: "funa"a magic tat only damage undead and demons is possible?

sorry if is too difficult to understand my texts i learning English, I know how to read but write right is a "little" difficult at moment ...

With the 40 formula you can make a magic hit only undead.... but cannot make any damage... only status is possible.....

The Damned

November 14, 2008, 01:20:29 pm #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Quote from: "Zozma"oh i see *cough* *whatabaoutformula2E* *cough*,

What does "Equipped:Break Dmg _ (PA*WP) ELSE Miss" have to do with anything?

That would just make Un-Truth and Truth worse than they already are in vanilla and that's saying a lot.

Quote from: "funa"the damned is right i want it only target occupied panels
and a magic tat only damage undead and demons is possible?

Besides what Nuken said, 40 formula is "Undead: Hit_(SP+X) ELSE Miss", so the only formula that specifically targets Undead and only Undead is also only affected by Speed in addition to not being able to do any damage (even indirectly, since you can't Poison the Undead).

Lydyn has already asked for another Undead-affecting formula that uses MA*X, but I don't think he asked for it do damage.

That said, with FFTPatcher, there are quite a few ways for you to artifically induce the formula you're asking for such as making all Demons Innately Undead as well and then giving something normally heals Undead Reversal or giving all Demons and Undead similar weaknesses, say Holy, and then making everyone else Innately immune to Holy element. (For this one, though, you would only be able to affected Undead Monsters and those few Undead Classes that already appear since, at the moment, we don't have a way of changing elemental weaknesses in battle.)

As for always hit, well, you just make just make sure that "Evadable" isn't checked and, if need be, make the related variable(s) artifically high (say around 200+).
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

funa

November 14, 2008, 10:04:34 pm #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by funa
good idea Damned i use one element to this but not holy because i want the holysword work and the holy magic of the white mages
but  water, wind and earth are uncommon elements I rearrange the properties and use one of these

the formulas are exactly the same or have differences?
0A & 0B - Hit_F(MA+X)%
1C, 1D,3D,50,51- Hit (MA+X)%
11,13,18,19,46 NS   ? tis dummy or are a use ?
Whats difference 01 and 05 Dmg_(weapon) have?
00 Dmg_(weapon) is a dummy?

I want space to add new formulas

Lydyn

November 15, 2008, 02:29:21 am #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
SentialBlade, just something I wanted to note. When changing all the M. Graphic/Monster IDs to those of dragons, they appear in the formation (not battle formation) as dragons ... so, if possible, could you change it to all monsters (the formulas)? If not, I'll find a way to deal with it. Thanks. :)

Zozma

November 15, 2008, 10:24:48 am #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
The Damned-

it doesnt have anything to do with your long paragraphs about skills and whatnot.

i dont want rafa and malaks formulas at all. i simply need the space, but not for formula 2E i just want formula 2E with the "else miss" thats all.

the skill i had requested for malaks formula was attack with a 100% chance to cast a skill, so that i have both formula 2 and this one depending on what i need it for.

VincentCraven

November 15, 2008, 04:19:20 pm #51 Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 01:35:20 pm by VincentCraven
[This request was invalid due to length, I believe]
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

BeoulveBlack

November 15, 2008, 10:15:53 pm #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by BeoulveBlack
Quote from: "Skip Sandwich"Why would you need it when you could just use the Blood Sword formula AbsHP[Weapon], which when used in a skill uses the barehand formula anyways.

because, the blood sword formula has no modifiable variable (i.e. no K-value to determine strength)

funa

November 16, 2008, 11:35:10 am #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by funa
is possible to change the follow damage formulas to ((PA+MA)/2)*(WP+X)) but preserve the effect?
2D Dmg_(PA*(WP+X))
2E Equipped:Break  Dmg_(PA*WP) ELSE miss
2F AbsMP (PA*WP)
30 AbsHP (PA*WP)

SentinalBlade

November 17, 2008, 08:25:07 am #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
You guys need to make sure the formulas have a large enough space to hold what you want. i cant fit ((PA+MA)/2)*(WP+X)) into 2D Dmg_(PA*(WP+X)), there just isnt enough space. sorry ive been absent as of late btw. my moms in the hospital so ive been with her alot.

Vanya

November 17, 2008, 12:30:27 pm #55 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Sorry to hear that brother. =(
I hope she feels better.

Also, you guys keep neglecting the 1 request at a time rule that's on the first post. I know SB hasn't said anything about it, but I thought it should be noted. I'm sure no one wants SB to get frustrated and stop his very generous charity work. ^_^

Quote from: "SentinalBlade"RULES

1. Since im new to this NO UBER COMPLICATED FORMULAS nothing like MA + PA + SP + 3 / 4 (PA/2)
2. Please be patient
3. One Formula or ASM request at a time...
4. Please post which formula you want replaced, and what formula you want it to "Kind of" look like if possible.
¯\(°_0)/¯

funa

November 17, 2008, 12:40:20 pm #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by funa
OK i remember space next time

is possible to make Monster Talk innate to all

All the best to your mom

sorry i forgotten the rules ...

Lydyn

November 17, 2008, 12:51:57 pm #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Hm, sorry about requesting multiple formulas at a time, I wasn't thinking. I just figured I'd post them all and let you work on them at your own pace ... rather than spamming posts each time you got one done. Still, my apologizes.

VincentCraven

November 17, 2008, 01:34:49 pm #58 Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 08:15:41 pm by VincentCraven
[this post has been removed due to request by user]
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

LastingDawn

November 17, 2008, 02:52:05 pm #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Nevermind my first request, but this one is a bit more important for a new spell...

37 Dmg_(rdm 1...Y) * MA, since the folks with these skills are more or less magicians now, heh...
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!