• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 07:01:22 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFVI Hardtype 1.2 (Updated February 3, 2012)

Started by Eternal248, November 10, 2009, 12:14:32 am

Kalas

The Gale Hairpin bug is present. :/

And, just a general question, but did anyone else not get the Charm Bangle after the Vector Banquet?

Pata Hikari

I... I reach the overworld, save (thankfully) and get into a random encounter.

I run into a single Leaf Bunny, try and Steal from it...

It casts freaking Holy on me.

That is the most amazing dick move I have ever seen.

Eternal

Kalas: Download the latest version on the front page.

Pata: You got incredibly unlucky. They only react with Holy 33% of the time. Best thing to do is run from the buggers. They're a pain in the ass to fight.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Pata Hikari

Tera OHKO's them with Fire, so I just killed them that way.

paminen

November 04, 2011, 06:14:03 pm #144 Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 06:14:47 pm by paminen
Quote from: Kalas on October 28, 2011, 02:55:02 am
The Gale Hairpin bug is present. :/

And, just a general question, but did anyone else not get the Charm Bangle after the Vector Banquet?
In the newest version, the Gale Hairpin has become a pretty cool unique accessory for Setzer. I'll let you find out what it does... And, I did get all 24 soldiers at the banquet and received the Charm Bangle. Maybe you missed someone.

I've been way to busy to play this lately, but hopefully this weekend I'll have a chance to make some more progress.

Kalas

I had 24 at the final count. It even appeared on screen as "24."

efrate

Thought there were 26 soldiers...

Oh BTW Eternal OMFG YOU FINISHED IT!!!!!!  CG!  I'll pick this up in a bit, a lot of gaming on my plate right now.  Thanks so much! 
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Kalas

In a walkthrough I looked at it said 24...may have been wrong though.

Eternal

Big update coming soon.

Part of which includes:

-Two new superbosses
-Gau/Mog switching Rages mid-battle
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

efrate

well I am right before I get gau so hopefully I won't be missing too much.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Eternal

You won't miss anything. The update will just have Dried Meats cancel Rage and Green Cherries cancel Dance in addition to Imp, allowing you to switch them.

Eternal

Updated the main post with a fairly large update. Enjoy!

Alaris

Awesome. And now I will be suicidal, and try to play FF6 Hardtype, without having played the original FF6.

Wish me luck.
  • Modding version: PSX

Episode 42 is out! Click above to watch!

Celdia

• Discord username: Celdia#0

Alaris

MountainDew~

I cringed watching you use potions in the opening scene, knowing how useful they are >_>
Also, two hits on the shell, ouch...
Pink = Stop

Just a few things I put in the reply box while I was watching this.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Holographic #1363

Alaris

Potions are valuable and/or rare?  Good to know, lol.  Thanks for letting me know what Pink is. 

I think I'll make another video of this soon, see if I can get into some of the real game.  And possibly, actually die horribly. ^_^

Pata Hikari

Quote from: Eternal248 on November 13, 2011, 04:03:03 am
Updated the main post with a fairly large update. Enjoy!

Are saves from the previous version compatible?

Also, what exactly are the changes?

Eternal

Yeah, saves transfer between versions so long as the ROM's name is the same.

The biggest changes include being able to change Rages/Dances by using Dried Meat/Green Cherries, and a bunch of little balance things like making Cyan faster, nerfing Bio Blast/Flash, and making some Blitzes evadeable.