• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:03:14 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Another Story

Started by RayKamiya, August 30, 2015, 01:43:11 pm

RayKamiya

Oi vey you know My work LOVES to troll me with my schedule X_X I have been dispatched from between Halifax Nova Scotia and was dispatched to QUEBEC to help our Quebec techs on a few things, and then all over New Brunswick and all over Nova Scotia.

on the plus side I've been migrating all my files and organizing things on my Laptop and transferring all my files and notes in what little spare time I had, so hopefully I can get some organization going.

so NO I'm not dead, just lacking sleep xD

Real

Looked over your story/outline/characters and I think it's very well fleshed out. Hope you find some time to get it off the ground in the future. Best of luck!

RayKamiya

Quote from: Sam on August 30, 2016, 01:37:30 am
Looked over your story/outline/characters and I think it's very well fleshed out. Hope you find some time to get it off the ground in the future. Best of luck!

Thanks XD I have a more updated spreadsheet on my PC so I'll have to move that over soon and work on it more.

RayKamiya

Bloody hell My work got busy lately... I've just worked 116 hours in the last two weeks X_X

RayKamiya

Okay still working on the file, Finally starting to get a groove going as well as changing up a few things, mostly removing some monsters and going with a more Humanoid enemies, I may keep many staples but for the most part I may replace some monster classes with Enemy only Human jobs that will not join you so are innately immune to the Invite skill.

Been also working alot lately as my work got a new project that is THANKFULLY almost done, just spent 4 days in New Brunswick doing it and it was a shit storm...

but if you wanna contact me please by all means hit me up for my Skype or Discord usernames, In the meantime I will be posting ref pics later on of my characters for this project.

RayKamiya

Made some changes to the spreed sheet file take a look XD

RayKamiya

hey guys, still working on this, just going slow as I have been bombarded with work recently but I'm hoping things slow down now X_x

BornToDie423

This is likely to be long winded. (Yay spoiler tags!) In no way am I trying to take away from what you are doing, just a little confused about some things and I want to better understand it as a whole.

These questions are not meant to degrade what you are working on. Just want to clear up some of my confusion is all.

1) Why does the knight class have higher jump than the Squire class? One would think heavy armor would impede jumping.

2)I'm sure you have thought it out already, but what's the deal with the Sentinel class? I can see it being a hindrance more than anything. Low move, low mp. I'm going to assume low speed as well. Interesting idea, yeah. But I'm not sure how Well it will work. Have you tested it yet?

3)Purely curiosity, but why give the White Wizard's heal spells Holy Element?

4) As for the Magic Attack Up innate of the Black Wizard. How well will that fare with balanced classes? Especially early game. Early game wizards in Vanilla were already godly. That's without Magic Attack Up.

5) Are you sure about the Auto-Heal ability doing a static +50? Again, beginning of game it would be great, but would lose its luster quickly.

6)How large a role are you wanting returning characters like Rad, Alicia, Lavian, Agrias, Meliadoul, Ramza, and others to have?

7) Why does the basic rod give +1 MA? Goes back to the OP Black Wizard.

8) Why are there multiple equips of the same type that give the same buffs?

9) Are you sure about giving Ray Two Swords in his base class?

10) Seems like there are a plethora of equipment that raises speed.. Is a significant reason available?

-The changes to the Archer class look fun. I can't stand Vanilla archers.

-If I remember correctly, Galaxy Stop will not affect units with the same zodiac sign is the caster(correct my if I'm wrong about that).

-I too like how you portray Delita. I always assumed after some of his more heinous acts would haunt him. IT seems like the story you are working on would have him atone for past mistakes.

-With a 30% proc rate on toad, I think you can afford to increase the WP a bit more. Even with +2 PA, MA, and 50% wepon evade. Maybe around 4 or 5 WP?

- I like the addition of -2 MA on Blood sword and that you plan on a similar knife in game.

-I feel like there isn't enough of a difference between Sage Staff and Dreamwalker to justify using DW over SS.
SS= 9PA 25% Wep Evade
DW= 10PA 15% Wep Evade and start with sleep?

Monster units using equipment is an interesting idea..
  • Modding version: PSX

RayKamiya

yes Spoiler tags are Nice XD

but here I will answer many of your questions:

1) Why does the knight class have higher jump than the Squire class? One would think heavy armor would impede jumping.

A) the spreadsheet will be updated periodically, and many Classes will have their stats re-worked and some may be scrapped for a new job all together keep an eye out as I update the spreadsheet, because for sake of balance and to better spread out skills and abilities.

2)I'm sure you have thought it out already, but what's the deal with the Sentinel class? I can see it being a hindrance more than anything. Low move, low mp. I'm going to assume low speed as well. Interesting idea, yeah. But I'm not sure how Well it will work. Have you tested it yet?

A) The Sentinel is basically a moveable Wall, it will have an insane Hp pool and will focus more on covering Allies and Taking hits more than Attacking, but as I look at it more and more I don't think it would work out very well so I may end up replacing it with another Class all together. 

3)Purely curiosity, but why give the White Wizard's heal spells Holy Element?

A) I'm used to games like Breath of fire 3 and 4 where healing spells were Holy element and if you equipped Items that took extra damage from holy attacks or reduced damage from Holy attacks it effected your healing when you were trying to heal, so your Healing skills can deal bonus damage on Undead enemies.

4) As for the Magic Attack Up innate of the Black Wizard. How well will that fare with balanced classes? Especially early game. Early game wizards in Vanilla were already godly. That's without Magic Attack Up.

A) I'm planning on lowering the damage output on some spells when I get into the guts of the game, to help balance it out plus I may also adjust Wizards Magic growth to be a bit lower compared to the more advanced mages.

5) Are you sure about the Auto-Heal ability doing a static +50? Again, beginning of game it would be great, but would lose its luster quickly.

A) I may increase it a bit when I start testing, you are right though it will lose its effectiveness in the late game when you are looking at damage and Hp in the 300-999 Range, I May have it heal a set amount like 25% of max Hp but I'll re work it later on.   

6)How large a role are you wanting returning characters like Rad, Alicia, Lavian, Agrias, Meliadoul, Ramza, and others to have?

A) I'm toying with the others joining at some point, but I also have some named generic's in mind as well to play as "Guests" or who will join you later on I'll be adding them in with the special Characters as well later on.

7) Why does the basic rod give +1 MA? Goes back to the OP Black Wizard.

A) I found Rods to be a focus for Magic, so magical items like rods should boost magic, but again I plan on nerfing the Wizard so its not OP as hell.

8) Why are there multiple equips of the same type that give the same buffs?

A) Honestly I'm gonna go through them later and try and weed out the multiples that give the same buffs, however some are mostly trying to have equality between the classes, as you saw few Knight gear give buffs to the user.

9) Are you sure about giving Ray Two Swords in his base class?

A) YES, sorry but hes one of my OC's and hes always been shown with two swords as a cross knight, I'm mostly going off the Cross knights Byuu and Palpaleos from Bahamuts Lagoon.

10) Seems like there are a plethora of equipment that raises speed.. Is a significant reason available?

A) Well at first I thought speed was one of the most overlooked stats in the game but I am planning to rework that as well.

Phew now that that's done allow me to address your comments xD

-The changes to the Archer class look fun. I can't stand Vanilla archers.

--Agreed, I hated the charge skills and I felt the Archer could have benifited more with having a more varied skillset, still tweeking it so I don't look like I'm ripping off either JOT5 or 1.3/WOTG'S mods either wich is the hardest part XD

-If I remember correctly, Galaxy Stop will not affect units with the same zodiac sign is the caster(correct my if I'm wrong about that).

--I think you are wrong on that, several times i played both Vanilla and Modded versions that had that skill available, and it hit enemies of the same Zodiac as Olain and the caster and worked, it may seem that way because of how much compatibility plays in the game.

-I too like how you portray Delita. I always assumed after some of his more heinous acts would haunt him. IT seems like the story you are working on would have him atone for past mistakes.

--Oh trust me wait till I start getting the storyline sections filled in, you may like what i have in mind ;)

-With a 30% proc rate on toad, I think you can afford to increase the WP a bit more. Even with +2 PA, MA, and 50% wepon evade. Maybe around 4 or 5 WP?

--I have thought about it but I may change it later on.

- I like the addition of -2 MA on Blood sword and that you plan on a similar knife in game.

--I may do that, maybe make it a rarer Knife.

-I feel like there isn't enough of a difference between Sage Staff and Dreamwalker to justify using DW over SS.
SS= 9PA 25% Wep Evade
DW= 10PA 15% Wep Evade and start with sleep?

--Oh DW has the chance to put the target to sleep when hit, but yeah I may also make a change to them as well.

Monster units using equipment is an interesting idea..

Yeah, I always felt that the Humanoid monsters like Goblins and Skeletons should have equipment and a better move pool.

RayKamiya

Hey guys, just working on story and making a "script" of sorts for character movements and Dialogue, I'll post an update to the project some time over the weekend to show changes that I have made thus far.

I am doing up the script and character details in a doc file as well as I can't format the story too well in a spreadsheet, but its getting more organized at least.

RayKamiya

Okay yes I was a little late with the update I had, but with how much work has been random with my schedule its been hard to keep to a schedule X_X

RayKamiya

Holy God have I been busy the last....

wait how long has it been?....

THE HELL 4 MONTHS O.O holy crap that's bad...

Well... Crap Sorry I've been away for so long X_X been busy with a lot of crap here in real life, I am making a return here though.

Angel

It's cool. This was the first year in six that I've had my birthday off (though my cousin also died on my birthday, so...), and I hardly get days off anymore. It happens. You don't need to apologize or explain. Long as you keep coming back, that's all that matters.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

RayKamiya

Quote from: Angel on March 26, 2017, 02:33:31 am
It's cool. This was the first year in six that I've had my birthday off (though my cousin also died on my birthday, so...), and I hardly get days off anymore. It happens. You don't need to apologize or explain. Long as you keep coming back, that's all that matters.

Thanks xD I'll try and be more active XD

snovlo

keep up the good work!
maybe you could use synthesis shop for next step
waiting the demo trailer video about the story :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

RayKamiya

April 03, 2017, 08:08:52 pm #95 Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 09:01:23 pm by RayKamiya
Quote from: snovlo on April 03, 2017, 11:42:22 am
keep up the good work!
maybe you could use synthesis shop for next step
waiting the demo trailer video about the story :)

Thanks X_X getting the time to work on this has not been fun...

on the subject of this project, I am thinking about making changes to the classes I have as well as a few other tweeks for the gameplay, for a rookie like me I was thinking just an Equipment, Job, Sprite Item and skill overhaul while keeping many of the original cute scenes and plot events in tact only edited to some degree to fit the new story, some Ideas I had in mind were:

1. At the start of the game the player is given a Party of 4 generic "Guests" and will not have access to the Soldier office until after a story event as Meko is not yet given a rank of Knighthood, After proving herself to Delita, she can access the Soldier office and after certain events can recruit other Job classes like for an example.

Stage 0: Shop is closed
Stage 1: Squires and Chemiests can be hired
Stage 2: Knights and Archers Can be hired
Final stage: Mages can be hired

2. I want to make the storyline enemies scale with your party's level and be a bit harder than normal, I'm not going for like insanely derpy but something with an added challenge to make the game more fun and more engaging. 

3. I want to raise the in game party limit from 16 to 20 if at all possible for the roster, if that's possible then I would do it.

4. I also would like to figure out the limits on Guests, enemies, bosses ect so I can better plan out and organize skills and Items so I'll know what to cut when I go from planning to Development.

5. is anyone here open for sprite commissions? because I would like to get sprites done up for this mod. Trying to get refs of what I would like added in and how to get characters to look.

6. Trying to do up the story and how I want events to play out is also a pain as well... 

RayKamiya

made a few changes to skills in the Spreadsheet, I am working on finalizing the story and characters I would like to have before modding can begin ^^: