• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:19:31 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

ALMA Material

Started by Argy, October 31, 2015, 08:18:11 am

Argy

October 31, 2015, 08:18:11 am Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 08:24:53 am by Argy
Hello,

I have started to play around with pokeytax's ALMA spreadsheet. I thought I would post what I am working on just in case someone has the same ideas as myself.

I am working on the Skillsets tab of  ALMA 4.2 and I have given the Dagger the ability to use the USE HAND skillset, which hopefully means that you can attach most skillsets (I know that Throw, Item, Elemental and Iadio don't work) to items. I just need to look at the mainstream ones to see in terms of abilities learnt and what not. If you have a look at the variuables, it can do more thyatn this.

Plain and simple.
1) Click on the Skillset tab of ALMA
2) Make Comparison EQUAL TO 
3)Choose your aspect (I have gone for right hand) could be head etc, there are many variables to play with!
4)Choose your weapon, accessory etc to which you want the skillset attached to (in this case dagger, purely for testing purposes!)
5)Choose the skillset that you want attached to it

6) Then go to the XML tab and scroll down to skillset (I have this as another png file), make sure you copy from patch name all the way down to /patches. Copy this into an existing xml document that you might have following the correct protocols and rename.
7) Place this into the same folder as orgASM

And voila that its it. I have tested it this without any other ASM's, as ALMA has a reputation of being buggy!

If there any issues, please don't hesitate to post back. I am not the expert that Pokeytax, Choto or Celdia might be, but I will endeavour to help and I am in the process of learning as well.

Kind regards

Argy
  • Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Argy

Hello,
I just thought I would post as and when I am working on this.

I now have one that will always change your Secondary to Item. Whilst, you can change it pre battle, in battle it will revert back to Item. It's more to give the game a more rpg feel, where every character has access to items.

Here we go.
1) Click on the Skillset tab of ALMA
2) Make the EXTRA SLOT column to replace secondary 
3)In the Flag column, change Never to Always
4)Then change the skillset column to item and there you have it
5) Then go to the XML tab and scroll down to skillset, make sure you copy from patch name all the way down to /patches. Copy this into an existing xml document that you might have following the correct protocols and rename.
6) Place this into the same folder as orgASM and you are away.
  • Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Lockeadon

it's just occured to me that alma, combined with other asm, could  make it possible to have a vampire class, because vampire class in other games (bravely default or fft social) have various abilities which could be easier to emulate with alma(some more than others)  o.o for those unfamiliar with the class, i mean this
http://www.gameskinny.com/ckidv/bravely-default-vampire-classjob-guide
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Vampire_(Bravely_Default)