• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:33:30 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Sprites

Started by Xifanie, May 27, 2008, 04:54:29 pm

MasterGrand

Quote from: Jack of All Trades on January 21, 2013, 05:31:36 pm
Red Mage
Rad_Mage.bmp
100%
Jack of All Trades, jimmyjw88, Rathaelos
Type 1

Nice work !
Let's be together !!

3lric

No, the Red Mage needs to be fixed before it is accepted.

Lijj already told him the Port is backwards.
  • Modding version: PSX

CONMAN

Loki
Loki with cape.bmp
100%
Conman
Type 1
Note: Marvel

Iron Man
Ironman.bmp
100%
Sprite: Conman
Port: Conman's Old Lady
Type 1
Note: Marvel

Myrmidon

forgive my ignorance, as I know nothing about sprites, but...

...if they're both T1 sprites, why is it Iron Man has an armless body in the same place Loki has a headless, armless body?  shouldn't Iron Man be headless as well?

Timbo

Red Mage
Rad_Mage.bmp
100%
Jack of All Trades, jimmyjw88, Rathaelos
Type 1
  • Discord username: Timbo

IsaacMG

Ritz Malheur (FFTA)
ritz3.png
50%
IsaacMG
Type Unknown (Type1 or Type2, but not sure sorry)
  • Modding version: WotL

Rfh

This Ritz sprite will not pass the quality control.
You can use Seushiro concept and this japanese portrait to make the Ritz sprite.

Xifanie, Is this Sprite proyect active? The custom sprites hasn't been updated since 2013, but there are many of good sprites posted in the sprite forum. Do people maybe forget this topic?
  • Discord username: rfh

Xifanie

It's not technically dead... people have just stopped spriting and the few that do never submit their sprites... like people just assume I'll browse their topics for them and add their sprite; idfk.

And yeah, unfortunately for their creators, people don't want to use low quality, incomplete sprites. That's why quality control was implemented. If you post your sprite in this topic knowing it is incomplete, I assume you'll never complete it.

If anything, this topic is a good place for people to submit their sprites and get proper credit for them. But like I said, hardly anyone bothers doing so.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Rfh

January 09, 2017, 03:14:40 pm #388 Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 11:03:57 pm by Rfh
Well, let's goint to help you to update the custom sprites.

Sprite name: Terra Branford
Origin: FFVI
TYPE2
Sprite by: Valkirst
Portrait by: Unknown / Japanese
Palettes by: Valkirst

Sprite name: Judge
Origin: FFTA
TYPE1
Sprite by: Seushiro
Portrait by: Smash
Palettes by: Seushiro

Sprite name: Hero of Light
Origin: Final Fantasy Series
TYPE1

Sprite name: Delita King Helmet
Origin: Final Fantasy Tactics
TYPE1
Sprite by: Square / Seushiro
Portrait by: Square / Seushiro
Palettes by: Square

Sprite name: Cecil
Origin: FFIV
TYPE1
Portrait by: Smash

Sprite name: Umaro
MON
Sprite by: Choto
Portrait by: Twinees
Palettes by: Choto

I need to answer Kagebunji who was the creator of Cecil and Judge sprites.

IsaacMG

Quote from: Rfh on January 09, 2017, 02:03:36 pm
This Ritz sprite will not pass the quality control.
You can use Seushiro concept and this japanese portrait to make the Ritz sprite.

Xifanie, Is this Sprite proyect active? The custom sprites hasn't been updated since 2013, but there are many of good sprites posted in the sprite forum. Do people maybe forget this topic?

OMG that portrait is PERFECT! I understand that my sprite won't pass any quality control, that's why I uploaded it in png, because I saw that we should use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites. I'm planning on finishing it when I have time, but I'm occupied these next two weaks. And maybe I will just recolour a similar sprite, because this is a (*ehem* failed) attempt of a Ritz sprite, just wanted to share it in case someone who is better liked the idea (even though I want to do it myself). Thanks for replying!

Quick Edit: can I use that ritz portrait? or should I ask for permission to Seushiro myself?

Xifanie

Except you didn't upload it as png... you renamed a bmp as png. It's easy to tell because your file is exactly as big as a bmp. You're supposed to "Save As..." and select the png format. The whole point is to save on disk space; so many people show off the progress of their sprites as bmp, which just eats up disk space and makes the website backup bigger. I have limited data per month, so I just try to have a reasonable filesize for backups, thus I ask people to be reasonable and use png instead.

And thank you Rfh. I don't know when I'll get around to it because first they need to go through quality control. I think Lijj used to do that, but he hasn't exactly been around much in the past few years.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

3lric

RFH, did you actually test that Judge? IIRC Smash derped the port...

Rfh

January 09, 2017, 09:06:32 pm #392 Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 11:04:35 pm by Rfh
Quote from: Elric on January 09, 2017, 08:49:54 pm
RFH, did you actually test that Judge? IIRC Smash derped the port...

Well, The walk animation could be improved, but it doesn't look bad. Smash didn't post it in his thread...
EDIT: Yes, it was Smash, Kagebunji confirmed it.

Quote from: IsaacMG on January 09, 2017, 04:14:20 pm
Quick Edit: can I use that ritz portrait? or should I ask for permission to Seushiro myself?

Seushiro didn't make the portrait, It was found in a japanese web I think. If you use the ritz concept you should credit him.

IsaacMG

is it enough if I credit him by saying "with his help" when uploading it? Or do I have to do something else?

EDIT: I haven't used his concept, only the portrait. Thanks for telling though.

IsaacMG

Sprite name: Ritz Malheur.bmp
Origin: FFTA
TYPE2
Sprite by IsaacMG
100%

Valkirst

Thanks Rfh!

I'm so derpy I never noticed this!
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst

3lric

Quote from: Rfh on January 09, 2017, 09:06:32 pm
Well, The walk animation could be improved, but it doesn't look bad. Smash didn't post it in his thread...
EDIT: Yes, it was Smash, Kagebunji confirmed it.

Seushiro didn't make the portrait, It was found in a japanese web I think. If you use the ritz concept you should credit him.

I wasn't talking about the walking cycle, I was talking about the portrait, which is why i brought it up.

And yes, I know Smash made the portrait, that's also why I said it, lol.

What I was asking was if you tested it, cuz IIRC the portrait has issues, since Smash doesn't use only 16 colors most of the time, nor does he use the correct palette order for ports in many cases.

Valkirst

Sprite name: Terra Branford
TYPE2
Sprite by: Valkirst
Palettes by: Valkirst

This may seem like I am re-uploading, however this is all of the colors without the morph. I also took a look at the judge and I fixed the arm and palette on the portrait was off and I fixed that as well. There is still an issue with the feet I can fix that  as well, but other than that it looks pretty good. If you all trust me with it that is.
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst

Rfh

Quote from: Elric on January 27, 2017, 08:54:17 pm
I wasn't talking about the walking cycle, I was talking about the portrait, which is why i brought it up.

And yes, I know Smash made the portrait, that's also why I said it, lol.

What I was asking was if you tested it, cuz IIRC the portrait has issues, since Smash doesn't use only 16 colors most of the time, nor does he use the correct palette order for ports in many cases.

Sorry.
I asked Kagebunji because I understood that you were not sure if Smash did the portrait.

I tested it:

3lric

Sorry I guess there was a misunderstanding. I knew Smash made the portrait, I just was not sure if he fixed the issue with it or not. Seems it is fixed though, so that is good.