• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

The Lion War; Malware?

Started by Talcall, January 08, 2020, 09:13:27 pm

Talcall

according to my computer's anti-malware, cdprog.exe references directly and literally, a file named "malware"
yeah
what the hell is up with that? i was instructed by this information note when installing the lion war that this was how i get the movies sorted, opening cdprog.exe.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
""The only thing more hardcoded than FFT, is more FFT."
    - A wise man"
       - Talcall
  • Discord username: Talcall

3lric

Im not sure how often you use the interwebs, but false postives are very common with antivirus progs, especially when it comes to programs made for modding... ive used cdprog for the last 10 years without issues...
  • Modding version: PSX

Xifanie

It might actually contain malware for all we know, as we don't even know who created the program or where it came from, it was just something from someone's computer who forgot where he got it. If that's the case, who knows when it actually got malware bound to it.

So, to be safe, probably better to use on a computer with at least Windows XP SP1.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful