• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 11:13:46 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Sprites that Fit the Psp FFT..?

Started by Vangpride, June 26, 2010, 11:10:12 pm

Vangpride

Anyone made successful Sprites that would fit the Psp size limit of a sprite so far? The only Sprite that i can fit into the Psp at the moment is the Ramza Holy Knight version. All other custom Sprites that i downloaded are too big. Anyone have a list of Sprites that actually fit the psp size FFT WOTL. Please post up what you have. I would be happy. :D

Mega_Tyrant

If you want to use a sprite file that is larger than the PSP file size limit you have to use an earlier version of Shishi which you can get from here:

http://code.google.com/p/lioneditor/downloads/list

the version .352 is fairly stable and is what I use to bypass the size limit.
RAWR!

Vangpride

Quote from: "Mega_Tyrant"If you want to use a sprite file that is larger than the PSP file size limit you have to use an earlier version of Shishi which you can get from here:

http://code.google.com/p/lioneditor/downloads/list

the version .352 is fairly stable and is what I use to bypass the size limit.

Using this older Shishi would that make my game bug glitch in animation? or No?

Edit: I also downloaded to try it out. I am confuse on how to use it correctly. I can't open up my ISO and import the Sprites that i downloaded from this site. What do i need to do?

Mega_Tyrant

The menu path is ISO -> PSP -> Import sprites from ISO.

Then select your ISO.  Shishi will import the sprites it can work with from your ISO.  Double-click the sprite you want to replace and it'll open up that spritesheet in a different window.  From that window's menus you can import the spr file you want to replace it with, once done close out of that window and repeat the process until you've got all the sprites you want inserted.  Then you'll have to patch in those sprites.  The menu path is the same as when you imported from the ISO except instead of selecting "Import sprites from ISO" select "Patch ISO with sprites" it'll automatically check everything you've changed so all you need to do is load up your ISO by clicking the box labeled "..." locate your ISO click "save" the click the "Ok" box and shishi will patch your ISO.

As far as making your game bug out. It depends.  It's a fairly stable version. You may or may not experience bugs. I've had instances of both cases.
RAWR!

Vangpride

I'll see what i can do but by the way, how come when i change my palette of my item, the item doesn't show or it's a messed up picture? Like how my sword turned into a golden dirk..when that wasn't the palette i was doing..