• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:07:37 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Kethis

Started by Asmo X, February 04, 2009, 11:58:23 pm

Asmo X

February 04, 2009, 11:58:23 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Is an exciting addition to the field of cognitive studies:

QuoteAn autoit script that hits a series of buttons in an infinite loop I personally do not consider cheating (in so long as you were the one who made the script). It is a completely mindless task that requires no mental capacity of any sort. An autoit script that is environmentally aware, such as entering a command dependent upon who's turn it is, is a form of virtual intelligence (VI), however timidly, and that is cheating. You are delegating the cognitive process, not the manual implementation, at that point.

Because entering a command depending on whose turn it is cannot possibly be formalised! Take that philosophy! I have successfully determined where mindless automation ends and intelligence begins!

He maybe be loquacious. Some may even say.....grandiloquent, but he has the utmost respect for your microcosm!
Quote...instead of attacking something that conflicts with their microcosm

Could say "forced" if he wanted to, but it just feels too synthetic
QuoteSo I abandoned the notion of limiting myself, and just speak naturally. Im sorry if some of you feel that it is synthetic

It's ok. The greats are behind him!
Quote"I am sorry to have wearied you with so long a letter but I did not have time to write you a short one" Blaise Pascal

You just can not make this shit up
QuoteIf a concept is universal, then can it said to be relevant to any individual, or is it merely an aspect of the environment? If we are all cheaters, then can that quality still be said to be distinctive to the players, or can it be abstracted away as a quality of the game? Is gravity a property of each baryon, or is it just the way that the universe is?

Quote"Kethis is a fucking faggot"- Blaise Pascal

His self-important verbosity isn't actually due to arrogance, it's merely to avoid the drudgery of being like other people.
QuoteAnd I don't come across as arrogant intentionally. I actually try to be humble, but without limiting myself to normality.

Kethis can we hear about your pontification for a moment?
QuoteMy pontification is exactingly specific

Ah. You see, I would have said it was specifically exacting.

If you'll remember, kethis is an enemy of normality but thankfully, due to his charitable nature, you can be too!
QuoteLots of people cant understand me when I speak without reservation. I encourage all of them to take steps to fix that, and will offer my aid in that regard.

This is where we can help each other. Everyone understands what you're saying, they just take issue with you deliberately obscuring your speech with pompous verbosity. But as we all know, it's only because of your humble desire to not be normal. "super-humbility" I call it.

QuoteIt is self obviating that personal communication outside of the explicit intent and context of a forum is a healthy component of its community

oooooh. A rare misstep. Better look up the word "obviating". But hey, you used it correctly for all I know because this sentence doesn't make a lick of sense. You could have said "communicating with each other outside of the forums is healthy for the community". Of course only I would put it that way, being a plebian drone.

QuoteI have copies of these letters, for I found means, during my residence in the hovel, to procure the implements of writing; and the letters were often in the hands of Felix or Agatha. Before I depart I will give them to you; they will prove the truth of my tale; but at present, as the sun is already far declined, I shall only have time to repeat the substance of them to you. Those who continue to see something negative or harmful in what I do are foolish in the extreme. They insist that I play by their rules simply because they chose those rules for themselves. I hold no expectation, have no condition, and impose no restrictions on what others can do (save harm others), and will not respond favorably to anyone who thinks that they know better then me what I should do. And those misguided few who think that it is their domain to choose what to /permit/ me to do (the difference here being that the fancy themselves having administrative control over me) will often be met with open hostility.

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

February 05, 2009, 12:16:21 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
You had me at hello.

DarthPaul

February 05, 2009, 07:44:47 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
You had me at "Kethis is a fucking faggot.".

Seriously though, I am humble and, I do not understand where this guy is coming from. I understand what he is saying, but you can't take his words in exact context........kind of like talking to one of the members who doesn't speak English very well.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

kinneas123

February 05, 2009, 03:47:24 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by kinneas123
This deserves a spam sticky

Llednar

February 05, 2009, 03:53:38 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Llednar
He had me at the word cognitive...

Archael

February 05, 2009, 03:55:09 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
lmao

AngrySurprisedFace

February 05, 2009, 05:15:12 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by AngrySurprisedFace
I lol'd.

tithin

February 05, 2009, 07:24:44 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by tithin
Our resident linguist is exceptionally quiet on his callout thread.

I personally am expecting an essay on precisely WHY you're wrong.

-BLAISE PASCAL.
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Hey, Cosgrove, how come you never married?"
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Because I eat too much meat."
14:46  @Celdia          ò Heresy. No such thing as 'too much meat'
14:47  @Celdia          ò One night with tithin would teach you that.

DarthPaul

February 05, 2009, 07:43:13 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Fuck it.

-Blaise Pascal.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

philsov

February 05, 2009, 08:33:44 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "tithin"Our resident linguist is exceptionally quiet on his callout thread.

-BLAISE PASCAL.

I'm just hoping he takes the high road.  There are far more fun things to do than deal with either you or asmo.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Archael

February 05, 2009, 08:37:03 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Wait, who is our resident linguist???

DarthPaul

February 05, 2009, 08:39:29 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Kethis is he/she uses larger words supposedly (by Asmo) to seem smarter.

kinneas123

February 05, 2009, 09:27:01 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by kinneas123
When it comes to large words, Kethis is quite the anal linguist.

Archael

February 05, 2009, 09:35:34 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Oh, yes... yes he is.

That's why I told him to stop with the troll-baitish posting and post like a normal bitch instead of a fancy bitch.

DarthPaul

February 05, 2009, 09:38:23 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
So Arch which type of bitch are you?

AngrySurprisedFace

February 05, 2009, 09:41:06 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by AngrySurprisedFace
I want Asmo to touch my Assmo.

DarthPaul

February 05, 2009, 09:43:43 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Kinky.

Archael

February 05, 2009, 09:44:50 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "darthpaul"So Arch which type of bitch are you?

a hard working bitch

DarthPaul

February 05, 2009, 09:45:42 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Oh ho the best type there is.

tithin

February 05, 2009, 09:47:58 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by tithin
Quote from: "philsov"
Quote from: "tithin"Our resident linguist is exceptionally quiet on his callout thread.

-BLAISE PASCAL.

I'm just hoping he takes the high road.  There are far more fun things to do than deal with either you or asmo.

If you have an issue with me, please PM me, I'm more than willing to discuss it. I fail to see how I've offended you in anyway, but I am not omniscient.
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Hey, Cosgrove, how come you never married?"
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Because I eat too much meat."
14:46  @Celdia          ò Heresy. No such thing as 'too much meat'
14:47  @Celdia          ò One night with tithin would teach you that.