• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 09:22:05 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Unused Concept Art for use in Spriting

Started by Vanya, January 16, 2010, 12:46:30 am

Vanya

Over at Jon's spriting thread, SilvasRuin posted a concept image of dragoons from FF9 that were never used.
I searched and found an article at Unseen64 about it.
(For those unfamiliar with the site it is dedicated to presenting & preserving unreleased games and their content.)
Anyway, the article can be found here.

I'm going to go ahead and post the useful FF9 concept art I have here.

If anyone has any more concept art that could be useful for spriting, please feel free to post them here.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

SilvasRuin

Very interesting knight and dark knight concepts.  The knight reminds me of some of the NIS characters, though I can't really name any specific ones it reminds me of.  Some of the characters from the third Disgaea game maybe...?  I like it better than the FFT vanilla knight, but I suppose it is less fitting for the regulations and uniforms the two skies were known for.

The Dark Knight looks like some sort of mystic that might even branch off of Geomancer.  It definitely looks like it leans farther towards the magic end of the spectrum than most incarnations of Dark Knights.

Most of the others look somewhat traditional to some extent.  The summon-based twist for the Dragoons is easily my favorite part, and not because it is the most well-developed of the art.  I am quite entertained by the possibility of there being an entire job tree with the jobs made to look like various summons that somehow have something to do with them.

VampragonLord

Love the female archer. And the elemental user looks like it would give a whole new feel to the geomancer class then what we got.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

jimmyjw88

Whoa....Some of these are really good. Dragoon, Archer, Dark Knight, Garland...Amazing!!
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Cheetah

I have always loved these since they were originally release who knows when. The dragoon designs are so good. Sadly I have never heard of a good Viking jobs class idea or sprite concept. Though it would be cool, hint hint nudge nudge.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Those conxepts are really nice. I hovewer am glad that Zidane Freya and Garnet look different than their first design.

jimmyjw88

I'm definitely going to try on the Archer. Seems great!!
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

First thoughts: the Witches seem very doable (especially the ones with the giant hats), the Motojakett is just hilarious; I'd love to see him done, the Knight and possible Red Mage definitely deserve to be done, I think the male Dark Knight, female Archer, male Elemental User and female Light Magician can all be done, without too much hassle, and of course, I've already given my thoughts about the two Dragoons. I must say that the coolest concept is that caped Iron Maiden--that's something very different from what I'm used to seeing. Great stuff, Vanya.

jimmyjw88

Yeah, that cape is great. It would be amazing if that cape fits in the sprite beautifully.

mav

Hmm....A lot of these concepts may fit some of the jobs needing sprites in Mercenaries. I wonder if LD has seen this topic and whether he has any plans...

Vanya

I thought Motojakett was hilarious, so added him, really, just for laughs. He would make an interesting sprite, though.

Also, I thought the 'new' Shiva was very interesting. It even matches the Hindu god better with the semi-androgynous features.
¯\(°_0)/¯

jimmyjw88

Yeah, I think that Female Archer may fit in Mercenaries for rehauled.

woodenbandman

I like the Dragoon and the Scholar a lot.

Jon

Oh look kids! Ideas that were never produced! Hmmm, an armless Black Mage and a Titan that looks like the Hulk?! Why not?! What the hell is that?!!! A Motojacket?! Sounds decent. But Shiva looks like the love child of a fairy and a blue weasel, brrr, weird....oh and in the bottom left corner of the Iron Maiden is Spider Woman! I really like Garland too :D
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!