• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Problem with Raven's Spreadsheets XML Output

Started by Ramza Stan, March 08, 2021, 11:20:38 am

Ramza Stan

March 08, 2021, 11:20:38 am Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 11:50:13 am by Ramza Stan
I've just started using Raven's spreadsheets (Great tool BTW) but am having an issue with some of the entries you're supposed to copy and paste then save as an XML.  Some of them output the numbers in the proper manner, i.e.
etc. But others just output one or two long strings of numbers.  Does anyone know a way to fix this, or do I have to separate it out into 8 number blocks myself whenever I pull from this to make an XML?  Also, apologies if this doesn't belong here, the original Raven's topic hasn't been posted in in six years or so and I didn't see any other topics talking about this.
EDIT: Just checked and the string of numbers doesn't break perfectly into 8 number strings so I'm not sure I can even do it manually.
EDIT 2: If the long unbroken strings of numbers ARE correct formatting then I don't know what my actual issue is, I'm getting a "Did not load correctly" error from the ASM tool.
EDIT 3: I looked at another XML hack for comparison and noticed that they're formatted like this:
patches
     patch
          /location
     /patch
/patches

So I went through the XML that Raven's put out and made the indent formatting match (Since Raven's mostly had everything not indented at all) and it finally loaded, but now I have a few errors in the hacks themselves. 
Individual weapon crit rates has:
WARNING: Possible load delay issue with register r3 at address 0x80159114
WARNING: Possible load delay issue with register r3 at address 0x80159114
Weapon proc rates has:
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015dab8
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015dabc
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015dac0
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015dac4
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015dac8
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015dacc
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015dad0
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015dad4
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015dad8
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015dadc
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015dae0
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015dae4
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015dae8
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015daec
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015daf0
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015daf4
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015daf8
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015dafc
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015db00
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015db04
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015db08
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015db0c
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015db10
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015db14
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015db18
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015db1c
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015db20
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015db24
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015db28
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015db2c
WARNING: Branch command in branch delay slot at address 0x8015db30
And Weapon formula edits has:
WARNING: Possible load delay issue with register r6 at address 0x80185bf8

Note, I did not edit any of those hacks from the way they come with Raven's Worksheets.  Also if it will help I can post the XML file.
  • Modding version: PSX

Xifanie

Posting the xml would help, yes.
8 character long strings of hex can get recognized by FFTOrgASM as an opcode instruction.
You can rest assured that a non 8 characters long (i.e. 4 bytes long), meaning 1-2-3 or 5+ bytes long strings will always be parsed correct by the program.

I don't believe you should be unable to patch with this issue though, it should just be a warning.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Glain

You should still be able to patch, yeah.  As Xifanie pointed out, it's reading the data as ASM, but that's not meant to be ASM.

The whitespace between the Location tags shouldn't be particularly relevant. To get rid of the warnings, put mode="DATA" in the appropriate Location tag(s). (Or change the spreadsheet to do this for you in the output)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Ramza Stan

@Xifanie Here is the XML, I found Raven's FFTOrgASM Generator and used it to put out fresh copies to see if it cleared the issues, and this version got rid of the warnings on the crit rates but the others are still the same. (The MyHacks XML is the one made with the generator, the Weapons is the one I did myself)

So I am able to load the hacks and just have the warnings at this point, I just don't know if this branch command warning is a concern.
On a related note I'm trying to use the generic skillset fix hack and to my knowledge I'm using it correctly (Setting the skillset reference in hex for skillsets like Item and Charge to a normal skillset like Basic Skill or Steal) but it didn't do what I thought it was supposed to do, which is to let me use the patcher to program the skill slots of those skill sets like normal skills.  Is that not what this hack does or am I doing it wrong? (My instance of using this hack is in the myhacks XML to if any help can be gathered on that)

And thank you for the reply, I appreciate any help greatly!

Thank you Glain, I will look at that and see if it fixes things. ^^

EDIT: Just did the mode=data thing on weapon proc rates and it got rid of all the errors!  Thank you!  And applied it to all the location entries for the weapon formula entry since I didn't know which one caused the error, and that error is gone too!