• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Does this mod touch the translation/script?

Started by qlip, June 13, 2022, 03:39:53 pm

qlip

I know its the original ps1 translation, but are there any typos or script fixes? Thanks
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

RetroTypes

Almost all vanilla typos and bugs are still in, I believe the only typo fixed was the "Dycedarg's Elder Brother" victory condition card. L i t t l e  m o n e y and everything else is still unchanged. Eventually, I'm sure someone will come out with an add-on patch to fix all of those but as of now, no one's volunteered yet lol.

In the meantime, you can always download the resources and give that stuff a shot yourself. There are already existing hacks to fix the JP glitch and item duping in shops that you can add in, and dialogue fixes are pretty simple too in most cases.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: RetroTypes

3lric

The point of the mod was to give other people a platform to mod on, or a fun way to play the game in its own right. We didn't take liberties that were not glaring issues.

daftgarion

I'm really hoping someone adds the translation. It's a big effort, but I think a lot of the community would love it. I know 0 about how to do it, but it'd be amazing to see it done.

3lric

Quote from: daftgarion on June 16, 2022, 03:07:29 pmI'm really hoping someone adds the translation. It's a big effort, but I think a lot of the community would love it. I know 0 about how to do it, but it'd be amazing to see it done.

It's already been mentioned a plethora of times that I'm already doing (TLWotL) this for the whole 4 people who don't hate the terrible WotL translation...

Protip: Never suggest something to someone under the guise of 'because the community will really like it'. Someone taking the time to make such a large mod, already knows how the community will feel about it.