• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:55:57 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Need help with modding a mod (WotL-mod for PSX) to make Milleuda obtainable

Started by Rad, April 23, 2022, 08:39:34 pm

Rad

So I've been trying my best do make my favorite character in the game obtainable and to some extent I've succeeded with that. But she is a bit problematic... I'm talking about Milleuda Folles (Miluda). I can manage to recruit her in the first Mandalia Plains-battle but her Formation-sprite is wonky and never looks like her but she works splendid in-battle.

If someone has the time to help, I'd love a custom patch of the new superb https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=12768.0 mod, in which Milleuda joins the party after the Mandalia Plains-battle where you first encounter Argus. I'm certain I can manage her stats, etc. as long as her SPRITES, PORTRAIT and NAME shows up as they should. Bonus points if she is actually called "Milleuda" and not "Miluda" <3 Even her as a Generic Female Knight would be fine with me, especially if she stays with the green palette.

Major thanks in advance and a massive hug to all you modders who have stood behind this game for all these years! Thanks for this awesome mod, @Elric and thanks for sending love to my favorite FFT-character, @Zozma
//Rad

(Optional: I attached the .spr and .bmp I found of an alternative version of her that I don't mind being used.)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Nyzer

You need to use Shishi's Other Images tab to import a UNIT and WLDFACE image for her, in the same slot numbers, then use the Patcher on the base job you've given her to assign the Formation Sprite values.

Rad

Thank you, Nyzer. I'll see what I can do with that info :P It's mainly the slot numbers that has confused me a ton. + getting the correct files of course, since she's a bit of a less known character :/

Update: Managed to find where I needed to replace the sprites but it just gave me Error-messages back since I don't have the correct files to use. Wrong dimensions of the sprites/pictures and I have no idea where to find the correct ones :( Guess this is a dead-end. If someone figures out a way to get past this, please let me know <3

3lric

Quote from: Rad on April 26, 2022, 10:21:25 amThank you, Nyzer. I'll see what I can do with that info :P It's mainly the slot numbers that has confused me a ton. + getting the correct files of course, since she's a bit of a less known character :/

Update: Managed to find where I needed to replace the sprites but it just gave me Error-messages back since I don't have the correct files to use. Wrong dimensions of the sprites/pictures and I have no idea where to find the correct ones :( Guess this is a dead-end. If someone figures out a way to get past this, please let me know <3

Yeeeeah, there is a ton of info on the forum about how to do exactly this. Rather than just throwing in the towel you should probably actually look thru the tutorials and such. It's all there. Celdia has a tutorial in that section for how to do exactly this...
  • Modding version: PSX

Rad