• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:40:05 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Monster riding changes.

Started by RavenCurow, August 29, 2020, 08:31:58 pm

RavenCurow

I'm looking for a way to make smaller monsters like goblins able to ride larger monsters like chocobos.
I found this little hack by Emmy, but it doesn't seem to work. Anyone know if this has been done by someone else? I've looked around and haven't found much more than this.

<Patch name="Monster riding changes!">
    <Description>"Large" monsters are mountable, "small" monsters can ride.  Monster size defined by "stepping stone" check.  Teleport bypasses rider validation (so anything with teleport can ride regardless of size).  This version works. :)</Description>
    <Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="10d87c">
      0D004014
    </Location>
    <Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="10d3d8">
    </Location>
  </Patch>
  • Modding version: PSX
Ramza: Delita, your hurt?
Delita: No, really? Did you think I was taking a nap down here?

Nyzer

It says something about the "stepping stone" check. You'd need to find out what that means.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

RavenCurow

I believe the stepping stone check has to do with the fact that certain monsters can be used as a "stepping stone" to get to higher elevations. For instance if a chocobo is next to a ledge a character could use the chocobo like terrain to get to that ledge. Essentially it is saying if the monster can be used as a stepping stone it is considered large and if not it is considered small.
  • Modding version: PSX
Ramza: Delita, your hurt?
Delita: No, really? Did you think I was taking a nap down here?