• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:06:06 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFTA2 Shrike Patch - Version 1.2

Started by Shrikesnest, November 23, 2022, 09:52:09 pm

Shrikesnest

Yeah. I'm intensely grateful to have the editing tools available; as I hope is apparent, I was able to make some pretty dramatic changes to the game with them. They're labors of love that people spent zillions of hours on just to help out the community, and I'd never speak ill of them at all. I'm so grateful for those applications because this project definitely would never have happened without them. But they do have their limitations.

There's a lot more I could do with the game if I were a better programmer and could do the legwork myself. Unfortunately I've got sharply limited free time and energy for my creative projects. I've got a bunch more I'd like to figure out eventually, if my schedule opens up. But for now I'm just doing as much as I can within the constraints of the editors. It's been a fun challenge to see how good I can make the game without being able to do every single thing I imagine. I find that sometimes the second solution I come up with is better than the first, but I never would have gotten there if I had just been able to do what I wanted from the start.
  • Modding version: PSX
Put a drop of vanilla behind each ear and you'll smell like a cookie all day!

Shrikesnest

After months of work, version 1.2 is released! I'm happy with where the patch is at right now, and am probably going to focus on other projects for awhile, so the next update is probably a long ways away. Just fair warning. If there's something you'd like to see in the next update or you run into a problem feel free to let me know!

chocolatemoose

Excited to play this, but is the patch working properly? When I try to apply it using the Delta patcher I get the following errors. Didn't have this issue with the previous patch.Screenshot 2024-04-07 130929.png

Shrikesnest

That's really odd. I can't replicate the error you're getting. It works fine when I try it using the xdeltaUI program. Maybe there was an error with file corruption during download or decompression? Is anybody else encountering this error?

chocolatemoose

Thank you! I was using a different delta patcher program. xdeltaUI patched it successfully. I haven't fully tested the patched game but it loaded just fine.

Shrikesnest

Awesome, I'm glad you got it working!