• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Specific color palettes

Started by Xifanie, February 18, 2010, 10:29:22 am

mav

Male Calculator previews:
[attachment=0:2kjvqjtq]calcpreview.png[/attachment:2kjvqjtq]Freaking yellow palette. Expect the female Calculators to look just about the same.

FFMaster

All of them look good. For the yellow palette, maybe decrease the brightness of the shirt a little? I feel like it's a bit too bright.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

mav

Just for clarification, you mean the chest-piece on the yellow one, right? That should be doable. I may make the collar on the black one less blue too. And switch the reds on the collar and the reds on the chest-piece for the red one. We'll see. Thanks for the input, man.

FFMaster

Yeah, I meant the chest-piece. Sorry for not being specific.

mav

Don't worry chief, you were perfectly specific, I just felt like double-checking before making any changes. Speaking of changes, here are possible updates for black, red, and yellow:
[attachment=0:tabfk0sj]calcpreview.png[/attachment:tabfk0sj]

Melancthon

I'm not smart enough to help you test these, but I think you're doing a great job.  I love the idea of every team having a distinct appearance, and I can't wait to see it in action.  Keep up the great work!

Is it too early to call Black Team?
Just a collaborator plotting collaboration.
"WHATS ST AJORA'S DEAL DUDE!?"

mav

I feel like a lot of people will call the black palette, but I dunno. If this is set up how 1.3 Season 3 was, then every player gets to choose two palettes. One palette as their primary color and one secondary palette in case the other team's using the primary one.

Alright, so what do you guys think of the changes to the male Calculator? Should I go ahead and load these into the palette editor?

FFMaster

Yeah, I think they all look perfect.

mav

Haha, many thanks, pal. Here's the .spr and .BMP for ya.

PX_Timefordeath

Sorry I can't test them, but Old shishi refuses to work for me  :(

They look great though

mav

Thanks. Hmm, do you know what the problem is, PX? An error message, graphics problem, or is it actually the program itself that's being stubborn? Oh and here are the female Calculators. I wanna tackle the Archers next.

Cheetah

I freaking love this thread and all the great work you do Mav. Looking great as always, no comments.
Current Projects:

cold52

ok so after learning how to use the sprite editor I gave it another shot...hope this is better

and if it still isnt good I also have the spr and bitmap :P

PX_Timefordeath

Wow cold52, those look very nice. All you have to do is distinguish the portraits from one palette to the next.

cold52

Quote from: "PX_Timefordeath"Wow cold52, those look very nice. All you have to do is distinguish the portraits from one palette to the next.
thats good to hear...anyways just so im caught up with where I was...heres the male

Cheetah

Your choice in shades are still looking a little off Cold. You are getting better but they still aren't looking quite right. The blue, green and yellow shades for the female geomancer really aren't looking too good right now. Where are you getting your colors from, they look rather flat for some reason?
Current Projects:

cold52

Quote from: "Cheetah"Your choice in shades are still looking a little off Cold. You are getting better but they still aren't looking quite right. The blue, green and yellow shades for the female geomancer really aren't looking too good right now. Where are you getting your colors from, they look rather flat for some reason?

well the pallets were from the calculators from mav...though the blue i believe was samurai.
(though im guessing if its flat looking I need to change that...to be honest it doesnt look all that flat...but thats just me)
could you tell me what you think the things I need to edit are? prefer to just edit the stuff that needs it rather then it all
or is it just the blue, green and yellow female geo that need it. :P

mav

No worries, cold, this takes time and practice. Like Cheetah said, these are the best yet, they just need some refining. The females look pretty much ready. I'll refine the shades as necessary, but I think all they need are some portrait updates (I'll do that for ya, if you want). The males need a little bit of work--look at the black unit. It's hard to tell whether it's black or blue, cause both colors take up like 50% of the sprite. Look at how I did the Calculator: the collar is one shade or hue of a color while the chest piece is a different shade or hue of that same color. Neon yellow collar with a golden yellow chest piece. Take that into consideration and you'll be done in no time.

mav

Male Archers.
[attachment=0:24dqhzf1]archerpreview.png[/attachment:24dqhzf1]

FFMaster

I think the yellow shirt is too bright. I also got confused when I saw the white palette, I thought it was the red one =/