• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 11:55:24 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Poll: Heavenly Chaos

Started by Lydyn, May 06, 2008, 05:35:42 pm

Who here plays it or has tried it?

I do, it's great!
0 (0%)
I do, but I have some suggestions (I'll post them).
0 (0%)
I don't, not really my style.
2 (16.7%)
I don't, I don't want to install all the stuff / don't know how to install all the stuff.
0 (0%)
I don't, but I have some suggestions (I'll post them).
0 (0%)
I'm too busy working on my own FFT Hacking stuff to actually play anything else.
10 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: May 06, 2008, 05:35:42 pm

Asmo X

May 07, 2008, 02:08:08 am #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
I spend most of my "FFT time" discussing other people's patches but it looks like that option isn't on your list. The ones I'm keeping an eye on at the moment are 1.3, VK, Lasting_Dawn's alternate reality patch and probably Lite. These have the best goals so far, I think.

Lydyn

May 07, 2008, 02:21:53 am #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Quote from: "NeedsMoreNoise"But the thing is, both the FFT Light and the v1.3 threads were made within only a month of yours.

If successful, "Light" would be a massive revamp of the game. Once rixim makes some progress, there's no doubting his thread would recieve a large amount of traffic. Hell, the v1.3 thread has only been up a week, and already has over 600 views.

If there were to be a section for every topic with 1000 views, don't you think that'd be a bit pointless? Just organize your thread however you want, and don't worry about a whole section. If you do it well enough, you won't need one.

All right, throw out the "which is older" argument. Still, if it had enough people actually going off and playing it or working on it (though there's definitely no one but me right now), as in traffic (not views), then I wanted a forum to make it more organized. It's.. sort of right now, but it could be better.

However, you're missing the point I think. There's not enough traffic for mine or Light and not really enough for v1.3 right not to justify any of them getting their own forum really. This poll was to find out if mine had enough traffic or not, and it doesn't.

So please, calm down. ^^ No need to get all worried, 'k?

Personally, I'd wait until I had at least say 10 people either giving my consistant suggestions and / or playing my patch before seriously considering a forum for it. As you can see, like... one person is considering playing it so far. Not even close. :P Not that it's bad, I know my patch isn't for everyone and ... well, my only goal was to bring a new experience to FFT. I suppose it's not as solid as the others, but that's okay. I know I'm enjoying myself a lot, especially with all the new v0.14 changes. ^^

Traverse: I will suggest for you to wait until I have v0.14 out though. v0.13 isn't bad, but because of all level bumping I did, you'll be doing a lot of 'grinding' and seeing things like Crystal Helmets in Chapter 2, which is a bug I fixed in v0.14 (a Crystal Helmet on Gafgarion, even while your 10 levels ahead makes it very difficult, at the very least if you're trying to get his sword - which I always do).

NeedsMoreNoise

May 07, 2008, 02:24:33 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by NeedsMoreNoise
Trust me, I'm not worried xfd. I was just explaining why it might not be a good idea.

Lydyn

May 07, 2008, 02:33:55 am #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Quote from: "Lydyn"Though no one is right now, so I'm not going to ask for it ... I'll wait to see if and when it picks up traffic (and quite a bit) before officially requesting for a forum.

I said I wasn't going to before you stated all your thoughts ... so I thought you were worrying. Now I'm just confused why you decided to convince me it was a bad idea when I wasn't going to do it unless traffic picked up in the first place.

Asmo X

May 07, 2008, 04:30:00 am #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
eh? I'm basically doing the last thing on your list except with other people's patches instead of my own.

I'm with Cheetah. Gamefaqs is probably the best place to advertise your patch. There's just too much going on around here. Even a seemingly small issue (like what a balanced Chaos Blade would look like) is liable to be a nuisance for several days.

Lydyn

May 07, 2008, 10:25:50 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
So! Anyone know of a good site or way to allow others to download the Heavenly Chaos FFT ISO (yes, the ISO). I want to do it this way so I'm not uploading a ton of files everywhere and it saves at least the frustration of trying to figure out what goes where as well as pretty much allowing anyone to play it without needing to know how to mess with FFT Patcher.

I can't do it here as it only allows 256 KB of space, while the ISO is a good 500+ MB.

Cheetah

May 08, 2008, 12:15:50 am #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
You don't want to host an ISO anywhere, people would have to be pretty silly to do that. It is rather illegal and very traceable. If you want to host the ISO I would recommend a BitTorrent. That is tough though too because people need to know how to do all that stuff and it is once again rather iffy on the legal issues. I would recommend a dual strategy, but the patch file in some places and do a BitTorrent.
Current Projects:

Lydyn

May 08, 2008, 12:21:01 am #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
I don't even know how to do BitTorrent stuff ... I just want an easy way for people to play my patch. >.< And downloading the patch, the UNIT.BIN file, the thre sprites I have, giving them instructions to download FFT Patcher & CD Mage, extracting the SCUS and BATTLE.BIN ...... what a hassle. >.<

Cheetah

May 08, 2008, 12:32:24 am #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Well I know that there are a lot of patching tools out there that might be able to do this stuff directly on to an ISO. That isn't my area of expertise though. Ask around here and then check out the Forums at Romhacking.net that is a major source of information if you aren't finding the tools you need here.
Current Projects:

Traverse

May 08, 2008, 10:43:58 am #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Traverse
Cheetah has it right here. Posting a complete edited ISO somewhere may bring down the hammer on the whole community. Square has their limits, as we've seen.

The people who really want to play a new version of an old favorite will do the work it takes to patch it themselves. And if the community continues long enough a program or script will emerge that will make it very easy to patch any number of the files on the ISO. But that won't be for a while yet.