• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 11:15:27 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Specific color palettes

Started by Xifanie, February 18, 2010, 10:29:22 am

FFMaster

@ryudo6850 - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=96

Now, 2 more teams here to show off.
Team White

Team Green
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Mando

AH! thanks FFTMASTER :DDD

I was doing searches scouring the forums for the version but I couldn't recall the freaking number. I had it when I had my old pc. However on my beastly machine I don't have it lmao.
Sadly enough played Aion and other mmos a lot when I had my crap pc and now well... FFT haha

That's all I'll say for now ^^; anywho if I get this to work out now i'll post my SS's of a team in black as well

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Zenius

Cheetah

Wow these are all looking so good. Great work Mav.
Current Projects:

mav

Holy crap, I love seeing the units when they're together. I'm gonna try to post a few more today and hopefully we can get this finished entirely in no time.

Again, thanks, FFM.

mav

And here are the Oracles, as promised.
[attachment=1:365p3o27]oraclespreview.png[/attachment:365p3o27]Such an ugly sprite...
[attachment=0:365p3o27]foraclespreview.png[/attachment:365p3o27]Lemme guess: the white and purple look too similar?

Cheetah

I'm over the whole white and purple similarities to an extent, but for the female the front bow on the white shouldn't be purple at the very least. Oh and I don't like the main shade of purple used for the main pallet, has this been used before it looks too blue.
Current Projects:

mav

It may not have been used. I borrowed it from the female Samurai, but I can also use Teta's purples (which have a pinkish hue) or grab em from any of the palettes I've designed so far. Aside from changing out the purples, you're saying I should replace the purple on the white palette for the female? What color do you have in mind? I was actually gonna change out the white and red on the purple palettes, but changing the purple on the white palette's just as doable.

EDIT: Here's a possible new purple palette:
[attachment=0:lmc1bflv]oraclespreview.png[/attachment:lmc1bflv]

Mando

Btw mav with the lower version .352 i think of shishi it fixed the problem with the .bmp and .spr files for me.
All I did was use your arena.shishi files and boom all applied perfectly without graphical errors.

I figured what was causing the errors incase anyone else gets them(most of you will prolly know); whenever using the new shishi that restructures it will cause those graphical errors in the pallets (at least for me in shishi v.457) however if I use the .352 it will not do this.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Zozma

i like that new purple palette
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

mav

Me too. I'm gonna keep that color combination in mind when I get to the next few palettes and if/when I have to revise any other palettes. Thanks for the input, guys. Here are the completed Oracles. .BMPs and .sprs included. Please help FFM test, if you can.

FFMaster

And here is a little bonus. A video of some palettes in battle!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOXmZdxoSwU
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

MiKeMiTchi

@FFMaster
Very useful! Thanks for putting it up!

Can anyone finish what I've started? Mav? (Male chemist)
I'm done with the sprite palettes. All is left would be the portrait palettes. :)
I think I can't finish it soon, so someone should take-over.

[attachment=0:3nvwzlhh]chemistarena.bmp[/attachment:3nvwzlhh]
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Xifanie

I really like where this is going.
Hmm, it would be nice to be able to remove the unit's coloration from status.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

mav

Quote from: "MiKeMiTchi"Can anyone finish what I've started? Mav? (Male chemist)
Sure thing, pal. Thanks a ton for getting it started.

Quote from: "FFMaster"And here is a little bonus. A video of some palettes in battle!
Hot damn! Seeing these things in action is really cool. It definitely was easy to distinguish who was an which team. These fights move so fast though--I'd have liked to see the units in action a little longer. Thanks a ton, man. This was really helpful.

Quote from: "Zodiac"Hmm, it would be nice to be able to remove the unit's coloration from status.
Interesting idea. Can it be done? Would the consequences be hard to follow though?

Lots of quotes in this post, but whatever. I'm gonna try to finish up MiKe's Chemist palettes tonight and upload the files too. I might start on the female Chemist next. If not, it'll be either the Squires or the Calculators. Thanks for the support, everyone.

logus

No, sir. Thank YOU for the amazing job you have done with every palette so far. Not only were you doing the palettes, but you clearly wanted to make sure they were looking awesome. And they do. And this is not only for Arena, since I expect a lot of future projects to owe you for these palettes and be thankful to you. Great job mav.
S3 Official Refresh Spammer

cold52

I suppose Ill do something...hows this?

Kaz

looks pretty good! the blue and purple are a little too in your face/vivid for me though - try lowering the saturation?
to hell with you mustadio haters

cold52

Quote from: "Kaz"looks pretty good! the blue and purple are a little too in your face/vivid for me though - try lowering the saturation?

this better?

mav

They look pretty good, my only suggestion would be to borrow all shades from existing palettes (i.e. the ones I've been posting all over this topic) for consistency's sake. The blue, red, purple, and yellow seem too drastic a change from what we have already.

Honestly though, I'm extremely grateful that you're helping out with this. Many thanks, cold52.